Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
fuel pump stops when hot Sat, 10 September 2005 03:25 Go to next message
i have a VL pump in the boot fed by a surge tank. in hotter weather such as yesterday and today if im stuck in traffic for more than 5 mins, the fuel pump stops. if the weathers real cold, theres no problems and the pump is dead quiet. on a slightly warmer day its noisy after a bit of driving and when hot it stops.

im thinking its cause the pumps in the boot (no air flow) and the fuel rail returns fuel to the surge tank rather than the main tank so the fuel is hotter. after it stops i can let it cool down for 15 - 30 mins and the car will go again.

any ideas what i can do about it? i was considering running 2 pumps in parrallel and switching between them when they get hot but the spare would be hot before the first pumps has cooled down and its not a real solution anyway. run a fan over the top of it?
  Send a private message to this user    
Maurice c
Regular

February 2004
Re: fuel pump stops when hot Sat, 10 September 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those fuel pumps are designed to crack at a specific pressure, maybe when its getting hot its cracking at a lower pressure and not pumping the fuel at the right pressure for your engine. I'd try replacing the fuel pump if all the wiring connections are good. Test the pump to make sure its getting power when its not pumping fuel.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: fuel pump stops when hot Sun, 11 September 2005 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah its definately got power. the same thing happened about a year ago, this is the replacement pump i got, it is second hand tho.
im thinking i might look into running a second pump as a reserve. i dont wanna ever get stuck out in the middle of nowhere and have to pay a shitload for a tow.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: fuel pump stops when hot Sat, 17 September 2005 04:59 Go to previous message
have 2 pumps in parallel now. when one stops, a dash mounted switch changes pumps Smile was a bit of a headache to get sorted but hopefully it wont leave me stranded.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4age not starting? w/ video
Next Topic:elf oil ny good?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Jun 6 07:36:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0187668800354 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.