Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Defi Help?????

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Defi Help????? Sun, 18 September 2005 23:59 Go to next message
ive played arround with installing my delfi guages today and got them working with the exemption of the backlighting. Im using the ignition power aswell as +tive and -tive from the radio wiring simply b/c its close to where im going to mount the controller.. The backlighting i have working but it only comes on when the headlights are on which is ok for night but i need it on during the day aswell as they are the black series.

So i need a it to light up like the clock brighter during the day than the night and there is only one wire for the backlighting on the delfis....

Also should i be using a fuse at all???

[Updated on: Mon, 19 September 2005 01:00]

Send a private message to this user    
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Delfi Help????? Mon, 19 September 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Delfi Help????? Mon, 19 September 2005 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you will need the light switch source running of something that gives power whenever the ignition is on, not just the headlights
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Delfi Help????? Mon, 19 September 2005 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
use a multimeter and find the the accessory wire for the radio. its could be a yellow wire.
you wont need to fuse it.
or, you could get 12v straight from the battery but you will need a fuse/switch.
the ciggie lighter is another easy acc source.

p.s. its defi, not delfi
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Delfi Help????? Mon, 19 September 2005 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
STR8 2.8 wrote on Mon, 19 September 2005 10:38

p.s. its defi, not delfi

meh its all the same i allways get it wrong Wink

cheers for the help

[Updated on: Mon, 19 September 2005 00:52]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Delfi Help????? Mon, 19 September 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WiLo wrote on Mon, 19 September 2005 10:26

you will need the light switch source running of something that gives power whenever the ignition is on, not just the headlights

i have done that allready but i would rather have it hooked up right so that it illuminates brighter during the day than night
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Delfi Help????? Mon, 19 September 2005 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
STR8 2.8 wrote on Mon, 19 September 2005 10:38

use a multimeter and find the the accessory wire for the radio. its could be a yellow wire.
you wont need to fuse it.
or, you could get 12v straight from the battery but you will need a fuse/switch.
the ciggie lighter is another easy acc source.

with the ciggie lighter i had my old boost guage hooked up to the +tive and -tive wires so the light on the boost guage only came on with the headlights. This is fine for the autometer guages. Does the ciggie lighter have an accesories wire aswell as i noticed there are 4 wires running to it.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Defi Help????? Mon, 19 September 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You could use a changeover relay to have it connecting to ignition during the day and the dimmer circuit at night (use the headlight relay to trigger the coil)
This would make it dimmer at night than during the daytime.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Defi Help????? Mon, 19 September 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Mon, 19 September 2005 11:14

You could use a changeover relay to have it connecting to ignition during the day and the dimmer circuit at night (use the headlight relay to trigger the coil)
This would make it dimmer at night than during the daytime.

cool thats exactly what i needed cheers toobs
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Defi Help????? Mon, 19 September 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just make sure the EL lighting won't have a problem with being dimmed... some types of switchmode supplies as used in many EL products will die if dimmed regularly.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Defi Help????? Mon, 19 September 2005 02:57 Go to previous message
i was just having a look through the defi site and it appears that the defi has a manual dimmer feature on the controller so it looks like it just needs the accesories wire and then you dim brighten from there so i guess ill have to find the accessory wire
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:swapping 7mgte in ma70 with 1jzgte - will it fit?????
Next Topic:20v ae82 - engeneering cert
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 9 06:16:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.020980834960938 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.