Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Myth
Occasional Poster

February 2003
Motor NEEDED Mon, 10 February 2003 07:39 Go to next message
I need a motor to suit a Corona Mk2 '74.
It has a 3 speed gearbox - the original i think. I recently warped the head of the motor thats in it. Something between $500 - $1000 would be ideal. EFI is ok, just i would need the computer, leads and all that other crap that i know nothing about.

I DONT WANT ANOTHER MOTOR WITH AN ALLOY HEAD!
  Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Motor NEEDED Mon, 10 February 2003 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Myth wrote on Mon, 10 February 2003 17:39

I DONT WANT ANOTHER MOTOR WITH AN ALLOY HEAD!

Your not asking for much are ya?
I have a fully rebuilt 2T?
Myth
Occasional Poster

February 2003
Re: Motor NEEDED Mon, 10 February 2003 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just something that wont warp! sorry you will have to run through the specs, im not to good with names... yet.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Motor NEEDED Mon, 10 February 2003 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1.6L single cam Rolling Eyes What else can I say Confused

[Updated on: Mon, 10 February 2003 08:36]

Myth
Occasional Poster

February 2003
Re: Motor NEEDED Mon, 10 February 2003 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mmmmm... lol maby a little small to pull it along... hehe
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Motor NEEDED Mon, 10 February 2003 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Small? Laughing What, you want to fit a 4L falcon engine?
Myth
Occasional Poster

February 2003
Re: Motor NEEDED Mon, 10 February 2003 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol no a 2.8 lt 5m-e will do
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: Motor NEEDED Mon, 10 February 2003 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
18rg ?...dont know if they are alloy head or not

2.0 litre twin cam horsepower plus potential machine
ROBBO_ma61
Forums Junkie

December 2002
Re: Motor NEEDED Mon, 10 February 2003 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2.8L 5me? U GOT ONE! come and get it from brisbane...can demonstrate running in car. recently rebuilt with recod head and genuine toyota hg. Have a shitload of spares too...fuel rails and intake stuff... Have all receipts. interested?

[Updated on: Mon, 10 February 2003 11:53]

ROBBO_ma61
Forums Junkie

December 2002
Re: Motor NEEDED Mon, 10 February 2003 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh and yeah u dont need a bellhousing or anything with that box..off a 4m will bolt up to a 5m no dramas at all.
Myth
Occasional Poster

February 2003
Re: Motor NEEDED Tue, 11 February 2003 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah im interested, but i would need a new gearbox, and exhaust system, and all the fuel computer and stuff. can only spend about $1000 at the moment..... sorry mate:( 4m should do it
ROBBO_ma61
Forums Junkie

December 2002
Re: Motor NEEDED Tue, 11 February 2003 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1k is enough for me Smile i need to keep ps pump and alternator + ac comp...should have those on your 4m.
Myth
Occasional Poster

February 2003
Re: Motor NEEDED Tue, 11 February 2003 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
...... sorry what is ps? alternator it should have yes, and ac comp? airconditioner computer? it has no airconditioner so its cool. um..... all the other stuff.... i dont know what is needed for an EFI engine. A 5me is a 2.8Lt SOHC EFI isnt it?
The motor in it now, has I THINK M-U on the rocket cover, however ive been assured its an 4m, But it is only 2Lt(I THINK). Now.... i have been told that no matter what motor is in there now a 4M motor will fit into it.So..... as i think you said before ANY M motor will slot in nicely.

So either way........ would i need a new gear box if i got a 5m-e? would the one i have be able to handle it?

ill find out exactly what motor is in it.... may help a little.
ROBBO_ma61
Forums Junkie

December 2002
Re: Motor NEEDED Tue, 11 February 2003 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ps meaning power steering pump. I need alternator, the ac compressor, the ps pump and ac lines etc...all efi stuff is for sale as well as a lot of spares like fuel lines and intake manifolds no the 5me isn a huge powered engine. The 3 speed if off an "m" series engine will bolt on.
ROBBO_ma61
Forums Junkie

December 2002
Re: Motor NEEDED Tue, 11 February 2003 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4m is 2600cc, 5m is 2800cc. A lot of difference reliability and power wise between the 2 (5me being the better one)
Myth
Occasional Poster

February 2003
Re: Motor NEEDED Tue, 11 February 2003 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your help and all, but i think i will stick with the 4m for now, its only $440 and its not EFI. Thanks anyway though, if i had the money around i would go for it. Or i would get a 7M-GTE. hehe
Myth
Occasional Poster

February 2003
Re: Motor NEEDED Tue, 11 February 2003 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unlessss...... you wanted to trade it, with all the gear to make it go, for a Toyota Corona Sedan L-SE '80.
New starter motor
New front brake pads
New rear tyres
Interior looks like new. - exept for a few crack in the seats.
Motor doesent blow smoke, runs well... not sure what it is, 4cyl something, its blue.

LOL ill even chuck in the repain manual and $100 Smile
hows that for a bargain!!
hehe
ROBBO_ma61
Forums Junkie

December 2002
Re: Motor NEEDED Tue, 11 February 2003 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
um no not interested in the corona thanks. is it 4me or 4m? 4me is efi....just the engine have for 700...ill show ya bout 5000 worth of receipts from the last 4 years.
Myth
Occasional Poster

February 2003
Re: Motor NEEDED Tue, 11 February 2003 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4m
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Motor NEEDED Tue, 11 February 2003 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah dude, you know your m series well dont you? the good ol 4me. great engine that one
ROBBO_ma61
Forums Junkie

December 2002
Re: Motor NEEDED Tue, 11 February 2003 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was that sarcasm to me? seems myth didnt know what the "e" means...electronic man...ah well i was sure the 4me (yes there is a 4me also a 4m) was the first of the efi engines.

[Updated on: Tue, 11 February 2003 12:17]

Myth
Occasional Poster

February 2003
Re: Motor NEEDED Wed, 12 February 2003 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was getting the general idea of what the E means. And ffs, i am only 17 and this is my first car, i knew nothing about engines and cars until i baught it. So back the f*** up.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Motor NEEDED Wed, 12 February 2003 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im pretty sure eds comment was aimed at robbo's mention of the "4M-E"

as for the 5M-E, dont buy it unless you want to go to the trouble of setting up a EFI fuel system and wiring up the ECU, not tyring to ruin your sale robbo i just wanted to point out to Myth that it will be a little more trouble than a 4M swap.
ROBBO_ma61
Forums Junkie

December 2002
Re: Motor NEEDED Wed, 12 February 2003 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah i wasnt hangin shit on u myth. But yeah the e means electronic. Up to you. 5me is a better engine but a litle bit more work involved.
Myth
Occasional Poster

February 2003
Re: Motor NEEDED Wed, 12 February 2003 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol ok no worries Smile...
ROBBO_ma61
Forums Junkie

December 2002
Re: Motor NEEDED Wed, 12 February 2003 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
let me know when youve made up your mind. I have about 10 buyers for the box, and one for the exh system so engine has to be sold too...thats why im keen also.
Myth
Occasional Poster

February 2003
Re: Motor NEEDED Wed, 12 February 2003 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok mate, ill know tommorow night, going to have a look at a 4m tommorow. thanks..
ROBBO_ma61
Forums Junkie

December 2002
Re: Motor NEEDED Wed, 12 February 2003 11:22 Go to previous message
no worries.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WTB: Cheap CT26
Next Topic:.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-