Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Repositioning?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Repositioning? Tue, 20 September 2005 09:13 Go to next message
Hey
Just wondering if it's legal to reposition things in your engine bay? I know it sounds stupid but I don't want to run into any troubles later. Come on 7 views! Surely someone knows?
Thanks
Troy

[Updated on: Tue, 20 September 2005 09:26]

Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Repositioning? Tue, 20 September 2005 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
like what?

DanielGVisser
Regular

August 2004
Re: Repositioning? Tue, 20 September 2005 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
depends on what you are repositioning i guess? a little more info would be helpful! Usually, like most things, if you secure everything correctly after you have "repositioned" it, and it looks tidy it would pass. Remember i said "USUALLY", it depends a lot on what it is that you are moving though.
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: Repositioning? Tue, 20 September 2005 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahhh, things like the radiator over flow bottle and just stupid little things.
Thanks
Troy
Sir_2JZA70
Regular

July 2005
Re: Repositioning? Wed, 21 September 2005 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BEWARE!!! Repositioning the radiator overflow bottle can be EXTREMELY dangerous!!! Shocked

Seriouisly though, just use some common sense and secure things as good as they were in their original sopt and you cant go wrong. I doubt an Engineer would even bother giving you a certificate for this so you really just need to make sure its safe.

Some reserviors need to feed pumps by gravity. Dont more a bottle under a wheel arch until you confirm if its problem or not.
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: Repositioning? Wed, 21 September 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol, shutup. I don't want to run into any problems with RWC.
Thanks
Troy
yrhkira
Regular

June 2005
Re: Repositioning? Wed, 21 September 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Troy,

Here is what I did in my enginebay 20 odd years ago.

I have moved all the electrical relays and wiring under the guards and through the top rails of the enginebay.

You can do most things that should not worry the Rego people without engineering certification.

Make sure you waterproof all the electrical connections and relays. Mine have been through many days of rain without fail so far.

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/4930/enginebaycarbie20ly.jpg

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/2153/enginebayexhaust6ju.jpg

BTW my windscreen washer bottle--- any guesses????

Regards

Rodger
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Repositioning? Wed, 21 September 2005 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it in the glove box? Razz
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: Repositioning? Wed, 21 September 2005 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah that's what I'm planning on doing, and I've got no idea where your washer bottle is lol!
Thanks
Troy
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Repositioning? Wed, 21 September 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahaha hot wash, you use radiator water!lmao my guess is in the boot or inner guard.
mick
yrhkira
Regular

June 2005
Re: Repositioning? Wed, 21 September 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It all took a bit of work to move everything but I suppose if you plan a total restoration as I did then moving all the stuff is just another step. All the un-neaded holes and brackets were filled and removed. I am quiet suprised how well the bog has held in all the seams, even after the trackdays and motorkhanas I've done over the years.

Draven is close. The washer bottle is mounted under the glovebox on the parcel shelf.

No overflow bottles on this model TA22. Not good practice for track days but I just add one if required.
Stomps
Regular

November 2004
Re: Repositioning? Wed, 21 September 2005 11:08 Go to previous message
most things are ok but as you know some of our friends in blue are really picky wankers Mad
i had a cop bother me over the location of my ignitor when i moved it lower in the engine bay.. what the problem was i dont know, and i suspect neither did he.. but it didnt stop him having a whinge about it.
just secure things properly and you should be fine
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:18RG ignition timing
Next Topic:help my 18rg. (oil out of head)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 30 16:56:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.13032007217407 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.