Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
chillo_burger
Occasional Poster

October 2004
AE92 Radio removal Tue, 27 September 2005 07:19 Go to next message
Hey u guys do u know how to remove the dinosaur radio from the ae92 SX? which panels do i take out and where can i find the audio wiring diagram for AE92 SX?
  Send a private message to this user    
Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Re: AE92 Radio removal Tue, 27 September 2005 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In the sx's they're below the vents right?
If so you need to get the vent fascia off, should just be a couple of screws beside the steering column, then it will pull off with a bit of fiddling to get it around the steering rack.

From there it should be self explanatory.

If it's up the top, as in the same height as the instrument cluster then you need to take the above piece off, and take off the instrument fascia, it has screws from underneath going up into the dash, then it comes out.

Wiring - Use a multimeter just to get your +12v, and acc. Ideally it's a good idea to run a new +12v with some 30amp rated cable either direct from the battery or tap into the +12v on the ignition barrell. If you want to use the original speaker wire (personally I'd just run new stuff) then work them out by trial and error by twisting pairs and see which speaker emits sound. They're colour coded to a degree, you should be able to figure it out.
sxr01r
Regular

November 2003
Re: AE92 Radio removal Tue, 27 September 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you need to remove the panel that goes around the head unit and air controls and it also runs under the instrument cluster and above the steering wheel. there are some screws under it under the console (if u look from underneath ull c them - about 4) the rest of the panel clips off from around the head unit but youll need to take the ash tray out. the switches for the wiper and demister and the switch on the right side just pop out and unplug at the back. once this panel is removed you will see 4 screws holding the head unit in. use this bracket to mount the new one as most head units ie pioneer, kenwood etc are designed for these toyota brackets. dunno where youll get a wiring diagram but i can tell you what the wires are for what

white/black - ground
blue/yellow - batt (constant power)
green/red - ignition
yellow & yellow/white - front right
violet & violet/white - rear right
light green &light green/white - rear left
blue & blue/white - front left

if u have any other questions ive got the full service book.
hope that helps - leigh
chillo_burger
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: AE92 Radio removal Tue, 27 September 2005 22:18 Go to previous message
Thanks heaps for that guys...i'll give it a bash today...i'll let u know if i blow something up hehehe Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Handeling! for an AE82 Corolla seca cs-x
Next Topic:ke30 4agze stuff
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Jun 6 19:19:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045270919799805 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.