Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Petes76celica
Regular

August 2004
18 RG service manual Tue, 27 September 2005 09:47 Go to next message
Hey guys in need of a service manual for an 18RG sooner rather than later if any one has a pdf or has a copy of it i am after it made up as one or something usefull cos i am trying to find out what the timing marks are as the engine is apart and the cams are out.
  Send a private message to this user    
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: 18 RG service manual Tue, 27 September 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pete, I tell you, and the entire toymods community in good faith that there are two on e-bay at the moment. Now, having given out this information, I also must convey that I have a bid sitting on one of them. I have been searching for this manual for several months, so given that information, I trust that you will make the correct decision and NOT attempt to outbid the big T.

I repeat, PLEEEEEASE do not bid on the manual I am trying to get.

Hope that helps!
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: 18 RG service manual Tue, 27 September 2005 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they come up on ebay VERY regularly
o_man_ra23
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  Re: 18 RG service manual Tue, 27 September 2005 23:12 Go to previous message
All the timing on an 18RG should be done with a degree wheel and a dial indicator. If you sift through a book store that carries a decent selection of auto books, You should find a book which outlines this procedure to set the cam overlap. As for ignition timing marks, work out TDC(also outlined in the cam overlap setting section) and re-mark your crank pulley. Then using a degree wheel, re-mark the pulley again with your desired timing setting. Optimal timing is actually 33 degrees BTDC at maximum advance(NOT IDLE). SO, given this info, the 18RG manual does not outline this procedure at all, and therefore is basically good for torque settings, pull apart diagrams, and the stuff most engine manuals are good for. Go and find a book with the cam timing section in it (21st century performance is a good book, but comes with a wallet draining $70ish price tag)

Cheers, Owen
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:EBC advice
Next Topic:Handeling! for an AE82 Corolla seca cs-x
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 07:46:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0039501190185547 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.