Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 3tgte rebuild, do i need to put these back on??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
3tgte rebuild, do i need to put these back on?? Wed, 28 September 2005 21:04 Go to next message
ok there is a few things that i dont want tot put bak onto my engine, i will post pics of them and can sumone please tell me if i need them. i will be removing the heater lines, cold start injector and the thing on the inlet as im pretty sure i odnt need them. but im not sure about this one.

thank you

pics-

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/193/mvc005f6oc.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3tgte rebuild, do i need to put these back on?? Wed, 28 September 2005 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, that is your positive crank case ventilation.
Purple_Beasty
Regular

May 2002
Re: 3tgte rebuild, do i need to put these back on?? Thu, 29 September 2005 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You could remove it, but then need to run a catch can. Not sure how legal that is in Oz though, effects emissions.

Callum
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: 3tgte rebuild, do i need to put these back on?? Thu, 29 September 2005 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
erm, can you start the car without the cold start? i know on my engine i need hte cold start becuase fuel pump doesnt run til 400rpm+afm open.
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 3tgte rebuild, do i need to put these back on?? Thu, 29 September 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like u fukt the wire to yr knock sensor too
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: 3tgte rebuild, do i need to put these back on?? Thu, 29 September 2005 18:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've seen that engine somewhere before, oh wait it's mine Wink

the knock sensor wiring just needs to be soldered back in piss easy, i don't have a knock computer though Razz
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: 3tgte rebuild, do i need to put these back on?? Thu, 29 September 2005 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok if i gotta use it where does the hose go to??

thanx
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: 3tgte rebuild, do i need to put these back on?? Fri, 30 September 2005 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=73924&rid=3316&S=5b9b21ad5a25bec360e355a 5059b6838&pl_view=&start=0#msg_692742

Wink
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 3tgte rebuild, do i need to put these back on?? Fri, 30 September 2005 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
terra wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 17:14

erm, can you start the car without the cold start? i know on my engine i need hte cold start becuase fuel pump doesnt run til 400rpm+afm open.

Cold start needs the fuel pump too dude...
And fuel pump should turn on when you put key in "Start"

But the CSI is not really needed, unless you are doing lots subzero starts.

It will be a bit harder to start the car with the CSI, but it by no means impossible.

If you are going aftermarket management, you can ditch the CSI no problems.
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: 3tgte rebuild, do i need to put these back on?? Fri, 30 September 2005 13:37 Go to previous message
for wat im doing i wouldnt dream of using the standard ecu. ive been running my car on a haltech for the last i odnt know how long so i will just keep using it.

so would there be a up/down side to using the 2tg block ova the 3tg block?? ive got both blocks sitting here. the only thing i know i will need to do is put the turbo return into the sump if i use the 2tg block. is this right??

doesnt my 2tgeu tappet cover have a pcv valve on it?? so i will need to run 2???? if i do thats fine but it just sounds funny.

wat block does everyone think i should use and y??

thanks
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AW11 transaxle
Next Topic:blow off valve not working
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 26 09:46:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.14357805252075 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.