Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » what to look out for when installing a intercooler?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
chewie
Occasional Poster

October 2005
what to look out for when installing a intercooler? Mon, 17 October 2005 13:48 Go to next message
hey everyone,
got a question for the tech gurus here. i've got a intercooler being installed and i was wondering what else i should install while the intercooler is being done eg. boost gauge, controller and any other fancy stuff.

also since im gettin the intercooler installed, would it to harm to my turbos? like increase boost since denser air is going through the cooler into the turbos and so on??? just kinda new so just want a hand on this and that while im doing my first mods.

btw i've got a tt soarer if that helps. Smile

thanks all
  Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: what to look out for when installing a intercooler? Mon, 17 October 2005 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boost guage and controller can be installed at the same time, but they dont connect to your ic piping in any way, so it doesn't really matter.
IC will improve your turbo functioning, but not reduce their life in any way (except for the increased boost you'll want with your intercooler Smile)
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: what to look out for when installing a intercooler? Mon, 17 October 2005 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chewie wrote on Mon, 17 October 2005 23:48

also since im gettin the intercooler installed, would it to harm to my turbos? like increase boost since denser air is going through the cooler FROM the turbos and so on??? just kinda new so just want a hand on this and that while im doing my first mods.

fixed Wink
chewie
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: what to look out for when installing a intercooler? Mon, 17 October 2005 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well yeah since the boost gauge and controller arent connected to the intercooler piping of course. just say if i boost my turbos up to around 10-11 psi, would the intercooler help the life of the turbo? like compared to the boosting with the stock cooler.
bahnugget
Regular

August 2005
Re: what to look out for when installing a intercooler? Mon, 17 October 2005 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nope, life will be the same with stock cooler or without, it just makes your boost more efficient by cooling their air after the turbo compresses it, so that its more dense when it goes into ur motor.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: what to look out for when installing a intercooler? Tue, 18 October 2005 03:18 Go to previous message
most of the time you will find that your running more boost anyway, like your turbo's produce 10psi, you stock cooler is crap and has a 3 psi drop on it, then your boost gauge will read 7psi, put a better IC on and you will find it is higher, due to a smaller pressure drop through the IC.

Note: these figures i made up so don't quote me, and at least thats how i THINK it works....
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:sw20 and ae86 front shock interchangability
Next Topic:1GGTE Generations, I searched and now I'm confused.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 2 13:21:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056087970733643 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.