Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
pulcino
Regular

November 2002
icon14.gif  New computer product Sun, 09 March 2003 18:25 Go to next message
Tell me what you think of this new product...

http://www.performancemotorresearch.co.nz/
  Send a private message to this user    
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: New computer product Tue, 11 March 2003 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak send one to me so i can fit it....
then i'll tell you what i think of it... Laughing
pulcino
Regular

November 2002
Re: New computer product Tue, 11 March 2003 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Sombodys a laugh a minute Laughing
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: New computer product Tue, 11 March 2003 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That looks damn inviting

It seems to me that the stock ECU for the 4age is as easy to tune as a fucking MACINTOSH, that could be a score.

Did you find the price anywhere?
pulcino
Regular

November 2002
Re: New computer product Tue, 11 March 2003 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
900 new zealand
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: New computer product Tue, 11 March 2003 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

it looks interesting but way overpriced...

it does away with the AFM, and uses a 2BAR (absolute) MAP sensor instead. what it does is translate the MAP reading into what the AFM would have ben reading, on the 0-5V scale.

the '418 point table' they refer to is basically a MAP vs RPM table, but translating it to AFM voltage.

it is not the same as a programmable ECU, as it ONLY replaces the AFM. it is a 'piggy back system' as much as using a diferent AFM would be, but here you get to junk the restrictive AFM. for most engines the AFM is not that big a deal tho...

the PC inerface looks ok, but is a bit clunky... also the AFM output parameter where 0=0V and 4095=5V is pretty dodge... they could have at least made it intuitive to use...
and you have to enter "line and column" for each data point! it would take so long to fill in 418 values that way!!

my last bitch about it is that for $900 you still have your stock ECU. still have all the stock limitations. the only difference is that you now have a MAP sensor insrtead of AFM..

now for ~$200-250 you could get a Megasquirt and have complete control of your fuel mapping, using yoru stock ECU to control timing only Wink, it comes with a 2BAR MAP sensor, you can configure it to use any sensors, any injectors (max so far anyone has tried is 16 injectors for stages ijection on turbo engine) and real time programming/logging, and a very smooth windows interface, that you can download from:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/megasquirt/fil es/MegaTune/megatune214.zip

and it's all open source. you can even download the PCB and make your own from scratch!
go on, have a look, you know you want to Wink

Cya, Stewart
jase
Regular

May 2002
Re: New computer product Thu, 13 March 2003 02:33 Go to previous message
I had one of these in the country for a while, after reading the manual, I decided not to install the unit. I still have copies of all the manuals.

Basically an advanced HKS VPC.

Having said that I have seen Dyno runs of 3sgte's with good power increases using them, but it doesn't stop boost cut, rev limit etc.

So for $900 and you've still got to get boost controller, boost cut defender etc........it's way overpriced.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Squeaky Belt/Pulley
Next Topic:Ticking in reverse?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Jun 1 00:50:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0040860176086426 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.