Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » what a good day!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
what a good day! Mon, 10 March 2003 09:40 Go to next message
Apart from Barry sheen's passing..

Did anybody notice their car feeling alittle more.. Wicked Wink?
i noticed how smooth an gruntier she ran. Easily Climbing up the speedo. With the pod filter Getting attention turning heads Razz
I love coldish days!
  Send a private message to this user    
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: what a good day! Mon, 10 March 2003 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah not fun trying to drive home in the rain though.. damn turbos and no traction
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: what a good day! Mon, 10 March 2003 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh, in the afternoon as the roads where drying up Smile

hmmm i've got a good set of tyres.. they grip now and only have traction issues with puddle high water
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: what a good day! Mon, 10 March 2003 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bah get a turbo and then you will know what traction problems are.
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: what a good day! Mon, 10 March 2003 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sif traction problems in the wet are annoying ?!?!

its fun fun fun in the not so sun sun sun
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: what a good day! Mon, 10 March 2003 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah, it's annoying
cant get your foot anywhere near the floor in first, second, third or 4th.
although it's fun giving 2nd & 3rd a quick squirt on epping road, just enough to break traction for half a second
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: what a good day! Mon, 10 March 2003 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh i agree
like if it rained everyday that would suck definetaly
i do actually enjoy a car that handles and corners well etc

but dont u ever get hungry for a little sideways action ???

i do
and the occasional rainy day fixes that

Smile
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: what a good day! Mon, 10 March 2003 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's a bit of fun.
but my car gets stacks of siderways action in the dry
or would if it didn't scare the shit outta me
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: what a good day! Mon, 10 March 2003 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah dry action is fun..

in the wet the celica breaks traction for .5seconds and thats anough to get the ass all over the place and thats while going straight.
87seca
Regular

May 2002

Re: what a good day! Mon, 10 March 2003 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the wet is always good for some fun... but everyday would just suck... got to have some grip at times
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: what a good day! Mon, 10 March 2003 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah it's just scary Nope
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: what a good day! Mon, 10 March 2003 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah xfader cold days/nights rule Very Happy It's not bad at all losing traction on a straight in a fwd

i was driving in this arvo's rain and i went far left lane for a while to see if my home made scoop would scoop up any water into the airbox..which reminds me i haven't actually checked the airbox to see if it did! Plus I just finished making enlarged piping from the airbox to the throttle body, and amazingly I can actually feel a difference!?
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: what a good day! Mon, 10 March 2003 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rain is fun. But not when you're driving a turbo RWD with thin rear tyres after a hard day at work and you're buggered...

I really don't miss the days of 5.5" mags in 195 tyres...
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: what a good day! Mon, 10 March 2003 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm this is going to be a good season with the colder ambiet air drawing into to our toys. leebroozlee - throttle response?! hell yeah hehe
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: what a good day! Mon, 10 March 2003 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Bugman, It sounds like you might have a problem with the pedal on the right. Maybe you should invest in some lighter shoes.

I don't seem to have any problems with wet roads. I guess thoes extra couple of kW make a bigger difference than I thought.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: what a good day! Mon, 10 March 2003 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good weather? Good weather? What do you mean?

The last week in Perth has been over 35 and the last 3 days have gone 40, 41, 42...whats good about that? Razz

Man, I'd kill for some cold weather right now.
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: what a good day! Tue, 11 March 2003 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
goldie.
dont forget you have two stupid speakers in the back and a spare tyre.

try taking them out Smiley =
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: what a good day! Tue, 11 March 2003 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah
I'll happily put those speakers in the back of my supra... maybe get some traction Smile
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: what a good day! Tue, 11 March 2003 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
funnily enough I had to bring a bit of a lump of a machine home from work today, weighs about 60kg's.. put it in the spare wheel well. I think that weight did help some. still managed to break traction at 130.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: what a good day! Tue, 11 March 2003 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good day my arse!
Its been at or over 40 for nearly a week now..maximum temp that is
Not going below 20 at night

Gear box is buggering up in my car(keeps popping out of first and second and makes a really bad whine as i climb revs)

But next week..oh yes next week shall be my week Evil or Very Mad

[Updated on: Tue, 11 March 2003 10:15]

gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: what a good day! Tue, 11 March 2003 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I am trying to get the weight distribution more like a Porsche. With that chunky box in the back it must be getting close.

I must admit though it does get a bit wild on a wet day in second, breaking loose at about 4k. Third seems to track a bit straighter Razz. First in the wet, well lets just say 1st in the dry is fun Very Happy
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: what a good day! Wed, 12 March 2003 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was a good night tonight coming home from tafe at ultimo at about 9pm along the princes' highway it was not wet anymore and was nice and cool.
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: what a good day! Wed, 12 March 2003 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bugman...if ur heading south down princes highway from the city in heavy rain, don't use the left lane at the bridge just after deno's diner, it farkn floods like anything! Shocked
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: what a good day! Wed, 12 March 2003 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deno's dinner.. at tempe?
I normally take the right hand lane then slide over to the left lane near gas and go, then back to the right lane for rockdale Smiley =
toycelica77
Regular

February 2003
Re: what a good day! Thu, 13 March 2003 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i used to love the wet, but now i cant stand it:P

driving a worked 308 bombadore in the rain isnt fun. couple of day ago (in the spell of rain we had), i honestly could not get traction and had to pull off to the side of the raod Very Happy

fun in the celica tho Evil or Very Mad
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: what a good day! Thu, 13 March 2003 04:34 Go to previous message
Bugman wrote on Thu, 13 March 2003 00:02

deno's dinner.. at tempe?
I normally take the right hand lane then slide over to the left lane near gas and go, then back to the right lane for rockdale Smiley =

good stuff..my gf used to live right behind deno's and i got caught out once by driving into a foot high puddle in that left lane Mad ..plus the streets behind deno's diner can actually get flooded when it's extremely high tide..w/out any rain! Shocked Every now and then I had to park on the sidewalk Cool Luckily no damage tho.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:slow 3t-gteu / ct20
Next Topic:My 2T-TEU
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 23 06:42:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0072188377380371 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.