Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » Almost Got Taken Out Today....

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Almost Got Taken Out Today.... Sun, 23 March 2003 21:05 Go to next message
Had a close call on the way to work today.

Driving on elizabeth drive towards walgrove rd, past mamre rd there is a 2 lane climb up a hill, and like every day theres someone in the overtaking lane doing 60 in an 80 zone mindless of the fact that they should be keeping left unless overtaking.

Anyways im sitting in the left hand lane behind another 60kph car as it was edging past the car in the right lane, i squirt up looking to get into the right lane as there was finally some room and the car in the right lane proceeds to merge into me as i was accelerating... Mad

FARK! Shocked nudged left, hit the anchors and just managed to avoid her, she then gets back into the right lane, the left lane was ending a couple of hundered meters up the road and i was let into the right lane by a curteous subaru forester driver (thanks dude if you out there), i mergerd with my right hand on the horn and my left hand flipping her the bird.

to top it all off this woman did all of this without indicating! FFS!!!! Mad

anyways thats my story, it certainly woke me up this morning...

have a good one.

Send a private message to this user    
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Almost Got Taken Out Today.... Mon, 24 March 2003 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked

Just goes to show how bad some drivers out there are (maybe just the women). I'm glad i rely on wheatbix to wake me up.
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: Almost Got Taken Out Today.... Mon, 24 March 2003 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fk i hate it when people change lanes/turn/etc w/out signalling Mad
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Almost Got Taken Out Today.... Wed, 26 March 2003 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try having someone in a car do it, while you're riding a 'bike... Shocked

(That'll wake you up...)
rdraginrolla
Regular

July 2002
Re: Almost Got Taken Out Today.... Wed, 26 March 2003 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Everyday I drive to work there is some inconsiderate f**k who is too f**king lazy to indicate. I've been doing some studying on this seemingly increasing phenomenon and have come up the type of stupid prick drivers who can't move their index finger back off the steering wheel onto the indicator stalk, so just watch out for them, because these are really crap drivers.

1. 4-bee drivers

2. Fleet car drivers (especially bombodores and falcoons)

3. and finally my favourite....the tradesman. The tradesman driver is probably one of the worst type of driver on our road today. Somehow, when driving on the freeway, they think that the Toyota Hilux or Holden Rodeo (wif a big vee 6 unner da hood) is a f**k race car, and they have authority over everyone else so they can driver like phycos!

Hey I don't know why the RTA gives licences to uneducated hopeless bums, who can't drive for shit.

If a tradesman reads this I reckon this will be their reaction:

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Aw Timmo, Hey Timmo hav a weed of dis hey. dis bloke baggin us out hey! Can't beeweeve it hey!

wa! Surprised

leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: Almost Got Taken Out Today.... Wed, 26 March 2003 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
These people weave in and out of lanes all over the place with no signals..why don't they just indicate?

if weaving through lanes takes so much of ur concentration that you can't use ur indicators, you mustn't be the expert driver that you think you are. Razz

i think commodores are just as bad as tradesmen..tho maybe just because there are more commodores on the road
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Almost Got Taken Out Today.... Wed, 26 March 2003 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not sure its just a matter of not indicating.

Anyone also notice when people indicate after or during their manouvre, or indicating for just 1 flash?

There are a lot of people out there that dont seem to understand the definition of indicating.

The reason we use indicators is to tell other road users what we would like to do BEFORE we do it. Shame this msg cant get out to all road users out there.

ahh well Rolling Eyes

EDIT: by the way i dont actually agree with the generalisations made in the above posts.

[Updated on: Wed, 26 March 2003 05:28]

leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: Almost Got Taken Out Today.... Wed, 26 March 2003 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
true true..indicating for 1 flash is just like not indicating at all
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Almost Got Taken Out Today.... Thu, 27 March 2003 01:23 Go to previous message
this morning on great western comming back from smithfield there was this sleepy head in a truck. swerving.. i stayed back abit and till i got past him put my blinkers on to try and warn others, he feel alseep again must of saw my blinkers or something then he pulled over to nap in the middle of great western
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:mini race with a charger
Next Topic:to all those crazy cruisers out there
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Jun 4 03:59:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0039739608764648 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.