Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » ta22 windscreen rubbers ???celica experts????

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
tanman
Forums Junkie

May 2002
ta22 windscreen rubbers ???celica experts???? Mon, 17 June 2002 08:51 Go to next message
ARGH I put the rear screen back into a TA22 on the weekend using a RARE SPARES replacement rubber. Gooped up the rubber pooped the screen in using two bits of cord, no worries. Then I went to put the chrome strips on. There is no way that the chrome can fit back on using the RARE SPARES rubber it is just too fat. When you compare it to and original seal it is much to big. Has anyone else come across this problem before? and if so how did you get around this?
a) cut the RARE SPARES seal down to size?
b) use a genuine seal?

[Updated on: Mon, 17 June 2002 11:24]

Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: ta22 windscreen rubbers ??????????????????? Mon, 17 June 2002 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had exactly the same problem! When i bought my celica it had rust at the bottem of both front and rear windows, so i took it to a cheap arse pannel beater with rubbers i got from rare spares and told them to fix it! When i got the car back, the chrome strips were just glued on! It was such a bodge job, i was pissed for weeks after.
Dylo
Regular

May 2002

Re: ta22 windscreen rubbers ???celica experts???? Tue, 18 June 2002 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah mate, i had this problem too. and i also had the problem of having no little lugs to pop the chrome back on either. (Due to a new roof cap)

But its not a big dilemma, just shave off some of the outa face of the rubber, its easy as, and i dont think u want to buy a genuine one (if they still sell them) it will cost WAY TOO MUCH!
MRTA22
Regular

May 2002
Re: ta22 windscreen rubbers ???celica experts???? Tue, 18 June 2002 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi fella's, Spectrum Rubbers (formerly Peter Jackson's) have TA22 window rubbers and they are the right size. From memory they are about $250 front and rear. They are located in Appin Place Dunheaved (near St Marys)

Jamie.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: ta22 windscreen rubbers ???celica experts???? Tue, 18 June 2002 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well thats good to know.
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ta22 windscreen rubbers ???celica experts???? Tue, 18 June 2002 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The rubbers from Rare Spares are actually supplied by Spectrum, and actually come in Rare Spares packaging when you get them from Spectrum.

BTW, I had no trouble fitting the chrome strip back on, and replaced some of the clips that hold the chrome down with some from an early holden I think. I pulled them out of a wrecked TA22 that had had its w'screen replaced, along with the w'screen.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ta22 windscreen rubbers ???celica experts???? Wed, 19 June 2002 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On Tina's I had a new front windscreen rubber supplied and Fitted by Windscreens Obrien ! Smile

Rubber was $110 from memory about 2 years ago ! Chrome fits no worries. Not sure if Spectrum Supply them or not ?
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ta22 windscreen rubbers ???celica experts???? Wed, 19 June 2002 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That reminds me, I had an undersized and unsealed windscreen pulled out & replaced with a new one by w'screens o'brien, and they did a great job, tested it for leaks, and gave me a garuntee. Without rubber supplied, it was $250, fitted & supplied.

The only reason I went to these guys was because I had just had brand new chrome strip installed, and I figured that if these guys screwed up the new chrome, or my new paint, it would be fairly easy to have them replace/fix it. But they got it in and out with little trouble. Now I need to get the rear window pulled out & sealed, but I know the chrome will be alot harder to remove from the back, which is putting me off a bit.......
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ta22 windscreen rubbers ???celica experts???? Wed, 19 June 2002 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel,

I had all new Chrome imported from Japan and Local so let me know if they get it off ok and get the guys name as I need mine removed again as well Sad

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: ta22 windscreen rubbers ???celica experts???? Wed, 19 June 2002 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So is it possible to buy the chrome strips from somewhere?
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ta22 windscreen rubbers ???celica experts???? Wed, 19 June 2002 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, toyota can still get them, I got front & back for $350, from Castle Hill Toyota.
Other places have charged a bit more though.....
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: ta22 windscreen rubbers ???celica experts???? Wed, 19 June 2002 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dammm, a bit pricey. Oh well i guess if i want new ones then i'll have to pay it.
TA22-3SGTE
Regular

May 2002
Re: ta22 windscreen rubbers ???celica experts???? Wed, 19 June 2002 11:28 Go to previous message
Give toyota a go you might be suprised , I priced a front windscreen rubber for my TA22 from Rare Spares a few years ago and at that time it was $120 I then priced one from toyota and it was $102 and the genuine rubber is a hell of a lot better quality than any aftermarket one , Even if the genuine rubber now costs more than the aftermarket ones it is better to pay the extra for the quality and have no fitting problems .

Trevor
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Telling 4AGZE's apart
Next Topic:99% fat free soup!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Jun 5 21:31:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045309066772461 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.