Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » Track Day Wakefield Park 25-4-03 (Anzac Day)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Hachi Roku Trueno
Regular

February 2003

Track Day Wakefield Park 25-4-03 (Anzac Day) Tue, 01 April 2003 02:26 Go to next message
Guys, BEL Performance is having a track day at Wakefield Park on 25-4-03, Anzac Day (public holiday). Cost is $130 per car, if interested please contact them on (02)9763 7022 asap as the track allows only 50 cars.
  Send a private message to this user    
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Track Day Wakefield Park 25-4-03 (Anzac Day) Tue, 01 April 2003 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm last time I went on just a plain open day, it was only $70. I guess being a public holiday or something?

Would love to attend another track day, but preferably when its the usual $70 - $80 fee.
Ta22 20 valve
Regular

December 2002
Re: Track Day Wakefield Park 25-4-03 (Anzac Day) Tue, 01 April 2003 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i went at the start of march and it was 90 bucks on a Saturday
plus club comp license of $30

4x420v
Occasional Poster

December 2002
Re: Track Day Wakefield Park 25-4-03 (Anzac Day) Fri, 04 April 2003 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are any corolla's going? im keen if there is a few going.
Hachi Roku Trueno
Regular

February 2003

Re: Track Day Wakefield Park 25-4-03 (Anzac Day) Mon, 07 April 2003 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Open practise is $80 and weekends are $90 and you have to share the track with bikes, race cars and open wheelers. This is a private track day with people organising it. Cars only with lap timing as well. Plus being a public holiday.

I think its quite reasonable considering all the above. Unique Autosport Track Days at wakefield costs $250.

Don't know about you guys, but I'll be there with the Trueno.
4x420v
Occasional Poster

December 2002
Re: Track Day Wakefield Park 25-4-03 (Anzac Day) Tue, 08 April 2003 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does toymods run their own track day? im really keen to do it,but i dont want to go to watch GTR's and STI's wizzing past all day!!!!!
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: Track Day Wakefield Park 25-4-03 (Anzac Day) Tue, 08 April 2003 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toymods does not have a Track day planned at this stage due to the Cost of running such a day and the need for people to commit financially to going.

It costs around $2500 to hire the track for the day on a weekend plus the need for medical presence and the like and that cost needs to be covered by the cars that attend. (its less on a weekday)
The number of people who say thay will go to days like this and the number that actually attend is always two very different things. There have been a few Toymods trips to Wakefield Park and we did have one track day that DNation organised after a thread such as this one. In the end tho it was only the attendance from other clubs and groups that made up the necessary numbers to cover the cost which was a real disapointment. In fact I can only think of 6 Toymoders who participated in the last trip to wakefield (Mr2 Josh, Mos, Me, Dnation, Izzy, and Toyota Steve) it was a while ago tho !

I would love to see Toymods have a regular track day at Wakefield even if it was only once or twice a year but it needs member support and they are not and never will be cheap days.

Until we can get that support Toymods will continue to attend on the public track days when we know they are coming and make thankful use of invitations from groups such as Bell Performance.

The public practice days do cater for bikes and cars of all types but they are well run and still well worth attending !
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Track Day Wakefield Park 25-4-03 (Anzac Day) Tue, 08 April 2003 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4x420v wrote on Tue, 08 April 2003 11:37

....GTR's and STI's.....

Overrated..... Rolling Eyes
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Track Day Wakefield Park 25-4-03 (Anzac Day) Tue, 08 April 2003 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Tue, 08 April 2003 20:06

....GTR's and STI's.....

overrated but quick none the less.
On a Toymods day youll have the GT4's to worry about hehe.
(now watch for the 1G & 1J boys rile up now)
Hachi Roku Trueno
Regular

February 2003

Re: Track Day Wakefield Park 25-4-03 (Anzac Day) Wed, 09 April 2003 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GTRs........yes, over rated. Yet to see one break into anything under 1.10 at Wakefiled. STis..........not so sure, NSW WRX club guys are fast (used to be a member). My fastest time in my STi is 1.04.9 sec at Wakefield, average is around 1.06s. Would be interesting to see what my Trueno can do.
87seca
Regular

May 2002

Re: Track Day Wakefield Park 25-4-03 (Anzac Day) Wed, 09 April 2003 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GEE120 wrote on Tue, 08 April 2003 21:10

gianttomato wrote on Tue, 08 April 2003 20:06

....GTR's and STI's.....

now watch for the 1G & 1J boys rile up now

you bet Smile
fergo308
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Track Day Wakefield Park 25-4-03 (Anzac Day) Sat, 12 April 2003 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hiring Wakefield for a day costs around $2500. that covers track usage,an ambulance,and use of the other facilities. recovery vehicles are extra.
you need about 25 cars paying $130 each to cover the costs.
it shouldn't be hard to get that number of entrants out of this club I'm sure.

I was down there with the NSCC (Nissan Sports Car Club) two weeks ago running around on that club's first trackday,which was on a Saturday,not midweek,like a lot of the cheaper days usually are.
for the record,the fastest car on that day was an S15,which got down to 1'14" (slow for that actual car),and my best time was a 1'20". the fastest I've seen an R33 GTR do at wakefield so far has been a 1'16",and the fastest road car is a friend's S14,which does consistent 1'8"s.

Justin...
Hachi Roku Trueno
Regular

February 2003

Re: Track Day Wakefield Park 25-4-03 (Anzac Day) Mon, 14 April 2003 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's pretty slow for the GTR.........S14 doing 1.08's is a good time. BTW track record is 1.02's by a PRB clubman running a 4age 20 valve engine.
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Track Day Wakefield Park 25-4-03 (Anzac Day) Tue, 15 April 2003 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTW i think the lap record is 55.47 by a F3 Dallara..

There has always been alot of TALK about a track day but not alot of people to COMMIT, It can be organised but we need defineates. The one thing that also adds to the cost is INSURANCE, add another $800 last time i asked 2 months ago to the cost of the the track hire and and it easily adds up to $3800 for a saturday, and we now need 30 people to break even.
To get some more people to come i can get some instructors from Peter Finlays Racing drivers school to come out and then we could even possibly hold some races and get some driving tuition.
But to get 30 people, Unlikly!!!

I am putting my hand up. thats 1
GEE120 Im very sure will come. Thats 2
Fergo308?? ?? mabey 3

27 to go

Ben
AE86 Trueno 4AGE
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Track Day Wakefield Park 25-4-03 (Anzac Day) Tue, 15 April 2003 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben, I'm not sure if your talking about this particular track day or about organising another one. I am although very stongly considering going to the Bel Perfomance day, i'm just not sure i can afford it with Toynats and all. Worst case scenario i'll probably be there to watch this one.

I would be there for sure if we ever organised a club track day. And the possibility of having some instructors there should be all the incentive the people in this club need to commit. What more could you ask for some tuition on how to harness your cars power better and also learn how to drive it better.
I consider myself a good driver as everyone does themselves, but i also know very well that my skills dont even reach the tip of the iceburg and i still have very much to learn.
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Track Day Wakefield Park 25-4-03 (Anzac Day) Tue, 15 April 2003 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry For thread hijacking
Was talking about a Toymods Track Event sometime in the future

Cheers

Ben
AE86 Trueno 4AGE
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Track Day Wakefield Park 25-4-03 (Anzac Day) Tue, 15 April 2003 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought you were talking about another day, but i just wanted to confirm.
Hachi Roku Trueno
Regular

February 2003

Re: Track Day Wakefield Park 25-4-03 (Anzac Day) Wed, 16 April 2003 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Correction, 1.02 lap record by a car, not open wheeler. BEL Performance track day will have an instructor. Louis Chan who has a CAMS level 4 license will be giving some instructing to individuals on a request basis. He will also be bringing his GTP 200SX for hot laps. Nathan from Revolution Racegear will be bringing 3 Improve Production Suzuki Swift race cars as well.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Track Day Wakefield Park 25-4-03 (Anzac Day) Fri, 18 April 2003 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is there a noise limit for the day?
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Track Day Wakefield Park 25-4-03 (Anzac Day) Sun, 20 April 2003 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there was a toymods trackday and just like many toymods things heaps of people said yep ill be there, then when it came to crunch time the only reason the positions were filled was due to other clubs being invited.

But yes id be there if there was one organised, been to one and had a great time, an instructor would be great Smile.
SmellyTofu
Regular

May 2002
Re: Track Day Wakefield Park 25-4-03 (Anzac Day) Sun, 20 April 2003 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm sure if it is not a purely Toymods gang out on the track that I could get some other guys from other smaller clubs to go. If that's OK with you guys.
MaNGeW
Forums Junkie

Formerly TRD_RoLLa

May 2002
Re: Track Day Wakefield Park 25-4-03 (Anzac Day) Mon, 21 April 2003 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ribbo wrote on Mon, 21 April 2003 06:18

there was a toymods trackday and just like many toymods things heaps of people said yep ill be there, then when it came to crunch time the only reason the positions were filled was due to other clubs being invited.

But yes id be there if there was one organised, been to one and had a great time, an instructor would be great Smile.

Yeh, i organised that one. I was extremely disappointed in those who put their hands up for it, and didnt bother showing up on the day. Mad
Hence, i can't be bothered organising anymore.
I am happy to join a wakefield day in the future though. Weekday or weekend.
Hachi Roku Trueno
Regular

February 2003

Re: Track Day Wakefield Park 25-4-03 Pics here! Mon, 28 April 2003 10:00 Go to previous message
Great Day at the track, If you want to see some pics go to
http://www.test.nice.com.au/ed/photos/trackday_apr il03/

Ben

[Updated on: Thu, 01 May 2003 13:56]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:April cruise: Last night!
Next Topic:TOYOTA NATIONALS - If you're drag racing read this.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 28 21:10:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052638053894043 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.