Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Miscellaneous » Quiktrak Alarm/Immobiliser/Tracker - *Deposit taken*

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Southo
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002
Re: Quiktrak Alarm/Immobiliser/Tracker Tue, 15 July 2003 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
OK, thanks for all the PM's and emails about this - Rather than repeat the answers, I'll list them here.

1. At this stage, there is a fair bit of interest - so the price is not negotiable at the moment (It's OK, it doesn't hurt to ask I know)

2. The Unit is approx 2.5 years old

3. The Unit is a Mark II unit

4. It is an Alarm, Immobiliser and Tracker all in one. I beleive it is a TWO point immobiliser - plus one additional point that they use to disable the car remotely if someone steals it with the keys.

5. Yes, it can be connected to your central locking (in fact - I have aftermarket Central locking in the Skyline and it's connected to that)

6. Montoring costs me $325 per year ( $25 per month - 1st Month FREE)

7. Brand new, these cost approx $2000

8. It works perfectly, I am not selling it because it is broken, I am selling the car it is fitted to and the person who will be buying the car does not want it (or the MOMO steering wheel, Clarion CD player, GME UHF Radio, Brand new Alloy wheels or PIAA Fog lights)

9. If you chose NOT to have it monitored, let it lapse etc - it opperates as a normal Alarm/Immobiliser.

10. The purchaser is responsible for fitting and monitoring.

11. Fitting cost is approx $305 (standard car) if you get quiktrak to fit it for you, if you get your Auto Elect or mate to do it or you do it yourself - you can probably get it fitted cheaper.

12. You will need to get a new wiring loom to fit the unit - why ? - Because the wires are all black and not labelled ( Labels are removed from the Loom once the unit is fitted). Cost of a complete new loom with Brand New wires, connectors, LED, Relays, Switches and Software upgrade is about $280 retail (from Quiktrak).

13. I am In Sydney - it is still fitted to my car if you want to see it working, I will be paying to have the unit removed from my car.

14. At the moment - They are the ONLY areas of coverage, Sorry, I am not sure when Canberra/Adelaide/Perth/Tasmainia or Darwin etc is coming on-line

Cheers

Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   Quiktrak Alarm/Immobiliser/Tracker - *Deposit taken* SouthoSat, 12 July 2003 11:28
Read Message   Re: Quiktrak Alarm/Immobiliser/Tracker hotrollaSat, 12 July 2003 11:33
Read Message   Re: Quiktrak Alarm/Immobiliser/Tracker SouthoSat, 12 July 2003 15:18
Read Message   Re: Quiktrak Alarm/Immobiliser/Tracker  SouthoTue, 15 July 2003 03:26
Read Message   Re: Quiktrak Alarm/Immobiliser/Tracker Cool1Tue, 15 July 2003 08:22
Read Message   Re: Quiktrak Alarm/Immobiliser/Tracker BugmanTue, 15 July 2003 08:25
Read Message   Re: Quiktrak Alarm/Immobiliser/Tracker Cool1Tue, 15 July 2003 08:26
Read Message   Re: Quiktrak Alarm/Immobiliser/Tracker SouthoThu, 17 July 2003 03:37
Previous Topic:7M PS reservoir cap...
Next Topic:Autotechnica steering wheel & RAZO gearknob

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 01:06:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004011869430542 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.