Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Gutting TVIS : whats done and benifits/downsides ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Gutting TVIS : whats done and benifits/downsides ? Fri, 14 November 2003 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
It's a bit different between the 4AGE & 3SGTE, on being turbo & the other N/A, it's generally accepted to ditch it when turboing the 4A. It would prolly still funtion relatively well on a low boost setup, but not many people bother with those these days.
The main problem with trying to figure out the best setup is the costs of the research, it's not quite something most people can do in the backyard, & your intake developement budget will prolly be a bit less than toyotas.
I would say keep it until you're pushing out say 25-30% more power than standard, otherwise it would be an interesting thing to look into.
  Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   Gutting TVIS : whats done and benifits/downsides ? Classique71Fri, 14 November 2003 07:28
Read Message   Re: Gutting TVIS : whats done and benifits/downsides ? spectralFri, 14 November 2003 09:25
Read Message   Re: Gutting TVIS : whats done and benifits/downsides ? Classique71Fri, 14 November 2003 09:51
Read Message   Re: Gutting TVIS : whats done and benifits/downsides ?  BigWormFri, 14 November 2003 12:57
Read Message   Re: Gutting TVIS : whats done and benifits/downsides ? PuffyFri, 14 November 2003 13:23
Previous Topic:what can i do with a 22re
Next Topic:Help: What colour is my car!?

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Oct 19 05:21:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068600177764893 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.