Toymods » General Car Talk » License Renewal plan

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: License Renewal plan Thu, 11 December 2003 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Yeah, I understand that it would involve a lot of work, but since when have we become so lazy that even saving lives isn't worth an extra $4-6mill a year?

I think the plan is fairly cheap actually, when you consider the benefits. The problem is, no government in there right mind really wants to stop people from driving. Think how much money they make from petrol taxes, speeding fines, etc. If this plan was implemented I think 5% of drivers would be walking, and another 10% would be on green Ps.

I think on top of this plan, a free safe driving seminar should be offered to drivers once a year. It would just outline new laws introduced in the past 3 years, go over laws that are broken often (such as keeping left) and go over some of the things to be careful of. If you attend this seminar, you get 10% discount off of a hands on driving course. If you attend that driving course, you get a 10% discount off of a full on emergency situation driving course, with driving techniques for stooping a car not equip with ABS in the wet, and steering to avoid accidents etc. People on green Ps MUST attend the seminar at least once a year.

The seminar and both driving courses should be mandatory for drivers going for their red P plates for the first time.

Oh, and yeah I have far FAR tooooo much spare time. Just look at my ride height simulator for proof of that!

Oh and I think the government makes more than enough off of us drivers. I don't understand the ad campaign thing though. Surly raising driver skill and awareness of how dangerous it is to drink drive would be better than just putting TV commercials on!

OH oh! I just got a great idea while editing this post. Drunk driver simulations! You get a bunch of real to life simulators, get people who have been done for drink driving, give them drinks to get them to .06, and then chuck them in the simulator. See how well they go in emergency situations while a little tipsy.

Okay perhaps that last suggestion is a bit insane.

But the simulator could be used to test people as part of the mandatory five year testings. You could set it up like some super sophisticated computer game, with force feedback, optional manual or automatic transmission, then throw the drivers in to totally insane situations. Like the camera runs through a quick flythrough of where you have to go, then you have to follow it without breaking the road laws while an instructor watches you. And then do things like have a pedestrian run out onto the road, have cars in strange places, and a few cars doing strange things, people tailgating you. See how they react to it. Even put them in crash situations that are unavoidable. Have a car illegally pull out in front of them, while oncoming traffic is going the other way, parked cars to your right, and not enough distance to break to a stop, see how they react.

You could even base the simulated test off of how they did on the written component. They did badly on certain road laws, throw them in the simulated levels that require you to use those road laws. Of course, it wouldn't be a substitute for a real on road test, but it would give the testers some idea of how the driver will go in emergency situations without having to endanger anyone or any machinery.

[Updated on: Thu, 11 December 2003 07:08]

Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   License Renewal plan ShrakaWed, 10 December 2003 16:12
Read Message   Re: Licence Renewal plan LambolicaThu, 11 December 2003 00:00
Read Message   Re: Licence Renewal plan CrUZsidaThu, 11 December 2003 00:46
Read Message   Re: Licence Renewal plan Billy-Mason PIThu, 11 December 2003 02:15
Read Message   Re: Licence Renewal plan CallifoThu, 11 December 2003 03:24
Read Message   Re: Licence Renewal plan CrUZsidaThu, 11 December 2003 03:27
Read Message   Re: Licence Renewal plan CallifoThu, 11 December 2003 03:33
Read Message   Re: Licence Renewal plan JDM hachiThu, 11 December 2003 05:11
Read Message   Re: Licence Renewal plan ChrissoThu, 11 December 2003 05:47
Read Message   Re: License Renewal plan  ShrakaThu, 11 December 2003 06:50
Read Message   Re: License Renewal plan CrUZsidaFri, 12 December 2003 03:08
Read Message   Re: License Renewal plan ShrakaThu, 11 December 2003 15:17
Read Message   Re: License Renewal plan Astroboy007Fri, 12 December 2003 01:23
Read Message   Re: License Renewal plan ShrakaFri, 12 December 2003 04:38
Previous Topic:license cancellation
Next Topic:ta22/2tg