Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: stroking a 4agze Wed, 25 February 2004 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
fatmr2 wrote on Wed, 25 February 2004 09:44

Albeit, you sound like you know what your on about which is fair enough but EVERY TIME you respond to a question that i ask you bring with you such a negative vibe. Such a hate for the fact that i would like to build a dream that i have had for a long time.

WHY man???? Confused

To you it's all about wasting the money! It's a hobby dude. They all cost money?!?

You need to relax a bit and lightn up Very Happy

Yep i agree I take your suppositions lightly, and I suppose this is because I've been around cars a long time and seen alot of builds. Personally I think what has now climbed to 200rwkw, is ludicrous in such a light car, and I'll happily admit to having a dislike for and dyno queens too. I think you're thinking to your application is very much from a younger point of view, and not thought out logically, unless your only aim is to beat your brother on the dyno. We have dyno queens here in Perth too, and I can tell you they very rarely make it onto the street, not because they are worried about being defeacted there and then, but because their motors are only set up to do one thing - pull the highest figure possible on a dyno. Many of the guys competeing in such competitions are often asked what their motors will make, their general answer is: "lots or nothing" due to so many of them pushing a ragged edge.

I've also read you intend doing all the work yourself, however have fears of similar questions should you come to use a stroker crank. Yes I agree the "tech and conversion" section of the forums is a good place to learn, however you will get better infomation by asking questions to proven performers. I don't really understand why you want to stroke the motor, you'll be moving the performance from it's sweet spot on a 4A - revs (a stroked motor will work harder to pull the same revs as a standard stroke motor), and to make the package reliable as you've previously stated, it will cost more than the crank, rods, and pistons, ask around?!

Maximum performance is not about maximum power. I have a car only putting out 100rwkw, but somehow think I'd be more competitve than your's in most situations. I appologise to you if you feel I've offended you. I do look forward to seeing you build your project, however am thankful I'm not paying for it. I think there would be better areas of your car to spend the money you'll need to spend on your motor.
  Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   stroking a 4agze fatmr2Tue, 24 February 2004 04:29
Read Message   Re: stroking a 4agze feral4mr2Tue, 24 February 2004 11:02
Read Message   Re: stroking a 4agze mrshinTue, 24 February 2004 11:31
Read Message   Re: stroking a 4agte fatmr2Tue, 24 February 2004 20:35
Read Message   Re: stroking a 4agte fatmr2Tue, 24 February 2004 20:59
Read Message   Re: stroking a 4agte feral4mr2Tue, 24 February 2004 21:06
Read Message   Re: stroking a 4agte CLGWed, 25 February 2004 00:38
Read Message   Re: stroking a 4agze fatmr2Wed, 25 February 2004 01:44
Read Message   Re: stroking a 4agze  CLGWed, 25 February 2004 02:49
Read Message   Re: stroking a 4agze fatmr2Wed, 25 February 2004 01:51