Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
levin70
Newcomer

April 2004
icon5.gif  4agze - grounding bad short Fri, 07 May 2004 20:11
hi guys..

I have mods 4agze(afm) & wiring harness from ae92 levin into my ke70. now the car is having some sort of "short circuit" on negative grounding.

I found out some of the negative wires are carrying small voltage. and effected the ECU to fail. after some checking, I found out three BROWN wires at the 10 pin plug, E01, E02 (earth 01,02) & E1 (earth 1) are carrying voltage. these wire are interconnected to a few brown wires b4 it grounded on engine magnifold.

the problem can be happen when the engine is running too HOT, or when u blow the engine when ilding.
the consequent of this will cause the engine cannot be start, temp gauge rise up to max even after ignition key is off,
no check engine light on when u turn on the ignition & backfire.

I have took out the whole wiring loom from ecu to injectors and checked, found out one of the BROWN wire from ecu has a twisted signs (started to melt i guess). and I also noticed that this wire is interconnected to the AC compressor.

then, i unplug the AC comp 4 wires plug and put back the wiring loom. the car seem to be ok, engine won't off or backfire by itself when i blow it like previously.
but, there are still some voltage on the driver kick panel grounding cables when i check it with test bulb.

i haven't got chance to test drive the car cos it's too late & tiring (12++am). a part from it, is bcos I guess the problem haven't been solved...

should I add more negative grounding to the engine(original grounding cables are quite small) or take out the rest of the wiring loom for checking ??

any suggestion b4 i consider to send it for the pro..

thanks & best regards
levin70
www.geocities.com/levinboyz
  Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   4agze - grounding bad short  levin70Fri, 07 May 2004 20:11
Previous Topic:2tgeu modifications???
Next Topic:what mirrors have u got or would recommend for a old school celica?

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Oct 25 06:22:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049550533294678 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.