Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » what supercharger can I use??????

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: what supercharger can I use?????? Sun, 09 May 2004 22:42 Go to previous message
wacked1 wrote on Thu, 29 April 2004 09:40

Guys thanks for the info. A guy sent me this, is this correct? I have no idea when it comes to a S/C.

Get a turbo blow off valve and fit it between the carb and the supercharger, convecting the vacuum line to the intake manifold. This would be critical, otherwise the pressure produced when the supercharger is producing boost would blow apart the carb (massive pressure spike), when the throttle is closed after reving the engine. It would sound real cool too!

he's trying Wink

if you have carb AFTER the supercharger, the supercharger will always be pushing the maximum amount of air it can (1.4L per rev for the SC14) since there is nothing to stop it doing otherwise.

any time you are not using WOT, you will need to vent the air somewhere.

this massive pressure spike will happen any time you have high rpm and closed throttle.. heck even normal rpm with closed throttle if you don't vent air somewhere.

if you are usng a carb, use a proper carb set up for blowthru..

but why not just use EFI? so much easier.

and as discussed recently, an SC14 will not suffice for a V8 (even a rover) due to it's small size (ie good for 2L, not so good for more)

mmm Eaton is more efficient that toyota blowers too.
Cya, Stewart
  Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   what supercharger can I use?????? wacked1Wed, 28 April 2004 09:35
Read Message   Re: what supercharger can I use?????? M.W.P.Wed, 28 April 2004 13:07
Read Message   Re: what supercharger can I use?????? AlainveWed, 28 April 2004 13:30
Read Message   Re: what supercharger can I use?????? wacked1Wed, 28 April 2004 23:40
Read Message   Re: what supercharger can I use?????? gianttomatoWed, 28 April 2004 23:45
Read Message   Re: what supercharger can I use?????? jackelSun, 09 May 2004 20:19
Read Message   Re: what supercharger can I use?????? oldcorollasSun, 09 May 2004 22:44
Read Message   Re: what supercharger can I use?????? jackelMon, 10 May 2004 17:10
Read Message   Re: what supercharger can I use??????  oldcorollasSun, 09 May 2004 22:42
Previous Topic:most likely a "newbie" question. but, worth spending money on new headers+extracors to a 5
Next Topic:RamFlo Air filters????

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Oct 19 01:34:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0099649429321289 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.