Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » does any one else want to start a punk rock band?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: does any one else want to start a punk rock band? Tue, 13 July 2004 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
hey all.

i just want to throw in my 2cents on the music industry.
'making it' as an australian band (any type of music) isnt a case of 1/1000, its literally 1/1,000,000. Fact is there are 1000's of bands in Australia and a handful are really good then a handful from them are somewhat successful. And then there is only about a dozen that have 'made it'.

Fact; There is too much music variety these days. And frankly we dont have the population to feed it.

Once upon a time your typical australian teenager wouldve been into either pop/disco. rock. metal. punk. thesedays I could list catagories of music on a few A4 pages of paper. Nearly all of my 'typical white surburbanite mates' have extreme wigger syndrome and listen to rap 24/7... thats fine. But the other half are pill popping rave heads. As for the chicks, half are r&b slutz0rs while the other half are into house/dance. This is all fine. Cept it means one thing. Fans of Band type music are growing thinner!. Im not saying its drastically decreasing. But Its definately not growing in some insane rate.

ACDC/Silverchair are virtually the only established international australian bands that have made it. Powderfinger went overseas recently and didnt sell out bar type venues. Grinspoon? Nup. Ofcourse im not including bands that are faddy (eg jet/ the vines) but you know there is a serious problem when you have a band like the butterfly effect not living comfortably. (they sold 20,000 locally) went to the usa to showcase and nothing came of it. And most of the money has gone back into their expenses.

There are some awesome australian acts out there, especially that have come up recently, or last 3-4years.

Support the scene people! check out;

Cog, The Butteffly Effect, Sunk Loto, Gyroscope, Melodyssey, After the Fall.

Atleast these are a few that I rate. I have a large list... =p
People also need to go to local gigs more!.
  Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   does any one else want to start a punk rock band? mickSat, 10 July 2004 13:19
Read Message   Re: does any one else want to start a punk rock band? langSat, 10 July 2004 16:22
Read Message   Re: does any one else want to start a punk rock band? toynadoSat, 10 July 2004 17:53
Read Message   Re: does any one else want to start a punk rock band? RWDboySun, 11 July 2004 01:52
Read Message   Re: does any one else want to start a punk rock band? mickSun, 11 July 2004 04:02
Read Message   Re: does any one else want to start a punk rock band? bigg willie styleSun, 11 July 2004 04:26
Read Message   Re: does any one else want to start a punk rock band? tripmcneilySun, 11 July 2004 04:37
Read Message   Re: does any one else want to start a punk rock band? mickSun, 11 July 2004 05:07
Read Message   Re: does any one else want to start a punk rock band? bigg willie styleSun, 11 July 2004 04:40
Read Message   Re: does any one else want to start a punk rock band? bigg willie styleSun, 11 July 2004 06:08
Read Message   Re: does any one else want to start a punk rock band? RWDboySun, 11 July 2004 07:00
Read Message   Re: does any one else want to start a punk rock band? tripmcneilySun, 11 July 2004 09:02
Read Message   Re: does any one else want to start a punk rock band? peeweeMon, 12 July 2004 15:03
Read Message   Re: does any one else want to start a punk rock band?  bathurst-91Tue, 13 July 2004 12:09
Read Message   Re: does any one else want to start a punk rock band? mickTue, 13 July 2004 12:33
Previous Topic:Any other japanese to english translators but babblefish?
Next Topic:digital video camera

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Oct 3 02:41:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062909126281738 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.