Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Super Jamie
Regular

On Probation

December 2002

Re: more engineering Qs - SYD Mon, 09 August 2004 04:48 Go to previous message
the capacity difference is in exact CC of the engine number. not 1.6L to 1.8L, that's incorrect, the right way is the difference from 1587cc to 1997cc (or whatever they really are, cant remember, cbf looking it up)

the capacity is related to the engine number, not the bore and stroke. my 4k is technically not an owner-certified mod in my car, because it's 2cc over 15%, but it's still registered as original capacity, so that's fine as far as the RTA know

there is a clause in that document about "reconditioning within manufacturer's limits" and that includes oversized pistons. you can usually do whatever you like to the internals and get away with it. you can go stuff a 3T crank and oversized pistons in your 2T so it's over 2L and it's still considered a ~1600cc 2T for registration purposes

if you change engine configurations such as number of cylinders or forced induction, you need engineering certification. turbo and supercharged engines are considered 1.5 x their n/a capacity, so a turbo 1000cc engine is considered 1500cc for engineering purposes. rotaries are double their capacity, a 13B is really about 2.6L as far as the RTA care

there is no definate increase in power figures until you need to upgrade brakes or get things engineered, it is mentioned in that document as something like "if it needs it, you should do it". for example, i'd be pretty certain that i could get defected for having a pretty worked 4k and stock brakes in a ke25, if i ever get pulled over for it, brake pads smoking, skinny 8" discs glowing orange and all that Wink
  Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   more engineering Qs - SYD fade-eSat, 07 August 2004 10:21
Read Message   Re: more engineering Qs - SYD rb20detSat, 07 August 2004 12:21
Read Message   Re: more engineering Qs - SYD toofSun, 08 August 2004 22:59
Read Message   Re: more engineering Qs - SYD fade-eSun, 08 August 2004 23:44
Read Message   Re: more engineering Qs - SYD rb20detMon, 09 August 2004 01:03
Read Message   Re: more engineering Qs - SYD fade-eMon, 09 August 2004 01:52
Read Message   Re: more engineering Qs - SYD oldcorollasMon, 09 August 2004 02:15
Read Message   Re: more engineering Qs - SYD  Super JamieMon, 09 August 2004 04:48
Previous Topic:Running really rich...
Next Topic:Sixworks Web Site - lots of wiring diagrams

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 01:38:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0037209987640381 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.