Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » who did everyone vote for and why?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Tue, 12 October 2004 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ae86drift wrote on Mon, 11 October 2004 16:11

University degrees are set to increase by almost 1000% in the next 3 years. Up to 150,000 dollars for a degree, from 15000.. This will be done by the Howard Government. Another step towards the corporatisation of education. Was anyone here planning on going to Uni at any point in the next fifty years? Or perhaps hoping your children might? Guess what, you just added a tenth of a million dollars to their higher education bill. Maybe we should start thinking about how our decisions now affect future generations, hmm?

This man lied to us just before every previous election, causing media furore which shadowed any real critical or insightful debate on almost any other subject. Can you even remember the last six scandals he was involved in, where he was accused of lying by multiple sources? Does the voting public in this country have any memory whatsoever beyond what they saw on television last night?

One of those lies he told was about refugees throwing their children overboard in order to be picked up by the navy. Irrelevant of whether this occurred and for whatever reason it did, the fact that the leader of a democratic country tried to highlight the possible actions of one desperate, homeless REFUGEE, to demonise an entire group of people, namely REFUGEES, is a travesty of the position of Prime Minister. What kind of man takes this shamelessly cheap political move at the expense of thousands of people's lives?? What happened to the idea that refugees were people to be helped? The idea that this is what the point of civilisation is? To help others in need, as a unified race. When did refugees become boat people, and something to be feared? How many people in this call centre are the children of "boat people", or immigrants themselves? How many of you voted to keep John Howard in power? How many voted for fear and intolerance?

Feel like breathing for the next twenty years? Howard still refuses to sign the Kyoto protocol, which reduces greenhouse gas emissions. Australia is one of the largest producers of greenhouse gas. Australia is afflicted with high skin cancer rates due to the whole in the ozone layer, which is caused by, among other things, greenhouse gases. Way to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Interest rates have absolutely nothing to do with who the Prime Minister is or what his party policies are. Either way, statistics for the last fifty years show that no particular party has any propensity for delivering a strong economic system. Do you really understand what this means? Any pathetic squabbling about interest rates, and which party provides best for Australia, is not only irrelevant, it is used as a smokescreen to obscure real, meaningful issues. Well done Australia, you just demonstrated the intelligence of a donkey following a carrot attached to a string.

By the way, do any of you disagree with the fact that if two people fall in love they should be able to marry? I'm sure some of you more sheltered people have a problem with gay marriage, as completely ignorant and prejudiced a position as that is, but I hope most of you would not. Howard is trying to ban gay marriage. Why? What right does anyone have to stop two people declaring their love and joining for life? What kind of educated, intelligent person would fight to put barriers between groups in our society, to increase hatred and homophobia? The man you just voted for PM. Some of you reading this probably agree that gay marriage, and even homosexuality is wrong, or something to be frowned upon, maligned, joked about and derided. You people can now leave the human race and take a trip back to 1950. Get a brain you sub-human neanderthal dolts.

This man joined a costly war on a country we have no interest in, war with no justification, an invasion of a foreign country. The Australian Defense Force attacks. Iraq never fired a shot. We attacked them. Us, The US, Britain and ... Poland. Oh and the mighty Cook Islands, can't forget them. The rest of the world looked on in horror, Australia joined the bloodshed. Australia is now internationally considered to be a bigoted, somewhat insular country with weak leadership due to our immigration laws and our toadying to US diplomats. We have alienated our closest major partner, Indonesia, a country with one of the largest muslim populations in the world.

Do any of you remember, back before this horrible war, the majority of Australians did not believe our country should join the attack? We wanted to wait for the UN. We as a people placed faith in the unifying global entity, as we should. Then the US attacked anyway. Suddenly, a year or so later, you've all forgotten this! How strange! Your principles have changed! Not so strong in purpose as we thought then.

Justifications for war :
WMD? No evidence.
WMD potential? No.
Links to terrorism? Not until the invasion, which turned Iraqi nationalists into soldiers fighting the invading troops. (Nationalists then dubbed terrorists. You know what? If the US invades sydney, I'll be performing guerilla warfare on their troops as well. As much as I now think the citizens of this country are dumber than cheese, I would fight for my homeland. If an oppressive warring nation attacked me, that is.)
Liberation of an oppressed people? So when does the US start on the south American conutries it helped to become fascist states with oppressive murderous regimes? When do they go into Sudan? Those countries don't have oil? Oh.. Well don't bother then. The overriding intention to remove all fascist dictators seems to not apply to any other fascist dictator. The government wouldn't lie to us like that, surely? Hah.

So why did we join the war Johnny?
For a trade agreement with the US which rips us off, then forces us to lower locally-produced content on our television? Excuse me? A Free-Trade agreement which has sections dictating what we watch on television?! Call me paranoid, but this smacks of cultural imperialism to me. Way to go.

Next time you self-interested, money-focused NIMBY liberals vote, try to think about what kind of world this is turning out to be. We have global networks of communication enabling us to create world-wide communities. We have the potential to create an amazing society with the tools we already have now, who knows what will happen in the future. Why waste your vote by using it to create more fear and intolerance. To turn Australia into another bloated, insular western society.

What did you vote for? Think about it.

Sad day for Australia. I just lost respect for my country, my people. I just lost respect for most of you as well. I know it won't be appreciated by most of you. I hope none of you are offended, but I am not apologetic. Take a look at the world outside your picket fences. And fear.

(ps. was written by a friend of mine at work.)

yea, but who did u vote for?
  Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   who did everyone vote for and why? jackelSat, 09 October 2004 12:43
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? thechucksterSat, 09 October 2004 12:46
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? ConquestSat, 09 October 2004 15:27
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? LenchSat, 09 October 2004 12:59
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? BenjaminSat, 09 October 2004 13:28
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? dravenSat, 09 October 2004 14:02
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? ConquestSat, 09 October 2004 14:08
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? dravenSat, 09 October 2004 21:01
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? dimmy77_03Sat, 09 October 2004 14:14
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? riceburna73Sat, 09 October 2004 14:35
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? dimmy77_03Sat, 09 October 2004 14:48
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? thug_immortalSat, 09 October 2004 15:17
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? riceburna73Sat, 09 October 2004 16:23
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? langSat, 09 October 2004 16:40
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? riceburna73Sat, 09 October 2004 18:17
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? jackelSat, 09 October 2004 19:01
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? thu187Sat, 09 October 2004 17:56
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? riceburna73Sun, 10 October 2004 03:07
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? dravenSat, 09 October 2004 22:47
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? riverSun, 10 October 2004 04:29
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? dimmy77_03Sun, 10 October 2004 07:16
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? ae86driftSun, 10 October 2004 08:19
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? thechucksterSun, 10 October 2004 08:37
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? dravenSun, 10 October 2004 08:43
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? mynameisrodneySun, 10 October 2004 09:12
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? dravenSun, 10 October 2004 09:16
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? riceburna73Sun, 10 October 2004 14:17
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? ae86driftSun, 10 October 2004 09:19
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? dravenSun, 10 October 2004 09:26
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Cyber-punkSun, 10 October 2004 09:27
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? ShrakaSun, 10 October 2004 16:30
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? thu187Sun, 10 October 2004 16:56
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Corona RT142Sun, 10 October 2004 09:44
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? thu187Sun, 10 October 2004 16:48
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? BlackSupraSun, 10 October 2004 09:49
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? thu187Sun, 10 October 2004 16:55
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? ShrakaSun, 10 October 2004 16:26
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? thu187Sun, 10 October 2004 16:53
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? spirokeetSun, 10 October 2004 22:26
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? dimmy77_03Mon, 11 October 2004 01:07
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? moo4AGZETA22Mon, 11 October 2004 02:08
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? ShrakaMon, 11 October 2004 02:15
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? ShrakaMon, 11 October 2004 02:25
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? HooNMon, 11 October 2004 05:22
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? AE86slutMon, 11 October 2004 06:08
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? ae86driftMon, 11 October 2004 06:11
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why?  rthyTue, 12 October 2004 01:22
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? mynameisrodneyMon, 11 October 2004 06:36
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? mynameisrodneyMon, 11 October 2004 06:40
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? ShrakaMon, 11 October 2004 07:20
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? mynameisrodneyMon, 11 October 2004 07:31
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? ShrakaMon, 11 October 2004 07:35
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? dimmy77_03Mon, 11 October 2004 09:48
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? ShrakaMon, 11 October 2004 12:44
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? thu187Mon, 11 October 2004 15:15
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? oldcorollasMon, 11 October 2004 15:58
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? thu187Mon, 11 October 2004 16:19
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? AE86slutTue, 12 October 2004 00:53
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? joyrideTue, 12 October 2004 02:10
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? HooNTue, 12 October 2004 05:17
Read Message   Re: who did everyone vote for and why? ConquestTue, 12 October 2004 12:16
Previous Topic:Interstate Shipping
Next Topic:Bananarama?

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 20:49:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056838989257812 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.