Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1jz electrical/firing problem

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
icon4.gif  1jz electrical/firing problem Mon, 28 February 2005 02:25 Go to previous message
Ok so i start my car this morning and the warning light goes off and flashes some random Japanese stuff all over the dash. The car wouldn't idle first few goes and just died after it was started. Once it finally got started the warning came up again and i checked the manual for a translation, its the engine electrical system warning. Car is running VERY rich , thin black smoke on idle. I waited for it to warm up before i drove it up the street. Car drives and sounds like absolute shit, if you press as lightly as you can on the throttle you hear this fucked up noise from the exhaust , like its trying to shot steel wool out the muffler or something , i cant really describe it. And it feels like it might be miss firring, idle is crewed.

Anyone had this problem? (its a 91 jzz30 soarer)

*it has done this before but comes right after maybe 10 - 20 secs of idling. Also it seems to occur only when it rains or the car has been washed. Is this just a coincidence or could it be moisture related?
  Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   1jz electrical/firing problem  tyottsoarerMon, 28 February 2005 02:25
Read Message   Re: 1jz electrical/firing problem NorbieMon, 28 February 2005 02:42
Read Message   Re: 1jz electrical/firing problem tyottsoarerMon, 28 February 2005 02:56
Previous Topic:'88 Supra Stereo Info
Next Topic:tire pressure ??

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Sep 30 06:25:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004655122756958 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.