Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
humble
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ma61 conversions Sun, 01 December 2002 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Hiya mate,

10k sounds like a reasonable budget to do a fair bit. You could probably score a reasonably good MA61 for around the 2500 mark if you look around/haggle a bit. I know of a few friends who have found reasonably good MA61s for around that price. That leaves you 7500. 7M-GTEs are lovely engines, but they are getting a bit old now and the ones you come across would have a fair bit of Ks behind them. What I would recommend is going 1JZ-GTE or 2JZ-GE (if you fancy a naturally aspirated). You can get a good late model 1JZ-GTE with VVT-i (Well, apart from the low down torque performance, VVT-i motors are new and hence would have done less km's) around the 2500 mark. With the rest of the money, see to the driveline and the exhaust. If you want to do the work yourself, their won't be any extra costs in terms of labour except for the exhaust, intercooler and piping, engine mounts (don't know how handy you are with a welder) and maybe paying someone to help you out a bit with the wiring (after all, you don't won't your motor running in limp-home mode with 15psi boost, so that the performance of your 1JZ-GTE is worse than a fairly stock 7M-GTE now would ya?). As for the engine mounts, CAD drawings of engine mounts that will fit the JZ series motors into an MA61 will be available through ed_ma61's site once I get off my lazy ass and make'em since I am fabricating my own for my project. Once you have the CAD drawings, you can get someone to make em up for 20 bucks (or around there)! All in all, over the period of your project (say 6 - 12 months?) expect to spend about 5000 extra because you'd want to modify the brakes/suspension etc. too... Good luck and hope this helped!

Cheers

Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   ma61 conversions bass_injectedSun, 01 December 2002 13:17
Read Message   Re: ma61 conversions JAZESun, 01 December 2002 13:35
Read Message   Re: ma61 conversions  humbleSun, 01 December 2002 20:35
Read Message   Re: ma61 conversions NorbieMon, 02 December 2002 00:38
Previous Topic:Exhaust problems
Next Topic:Possible to make a 4K Twincam ?

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Oct 10 11:22:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005964994430542 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.