Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » whats the trick to removing airbag toyota steering wheels?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: whats the trick to removing airbag toyota steering wheels? Wed, 26 October 2005 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Firstly -

In Western Australia it is not Illegal. You can put an aftermarket wheel on as per the specifications listed on the DPI Website.

http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/licensing/myvehicle/safe/ modifications/altsteer.html

Secondly -

It doesn't void my insurance. I clearly checked this with Western QBE Prior to purchasing the wheel and adding it to my insurance items covered. I asked them am i physically allowed to have the aftermarket steering wheel as a replacement to my airbag wheel, to which they answered 'Yes. Provided that it is correctly and properly installed, is not illegal and does not come off in the event of an accident, you are allowed to have it'

The MOMO Wheel exceeds the minimum spec of diameter (350mm), is ADR Compliant and perfectly permissable to be used in the vehicle. Ive checked, double checked and triple checked this.

Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   whats the trick to removing airbag toyota steering wheels? hamgatanWed, 26 October 2005 02:11
Read Message   Re: whats the trick to removing airbag toyota steering wheels? MR 1JZWed, 26 October 2005 03:24
Read Message   Re: whats the trick to removing airbag toyota steering wheels? hamgatanWed, 26 October 2005 03:37
Read Message   Re: whats the trick to removing airbag toyota steering wheels? Ko KoWed, 26 October 2005 05:51
Read Message   Re: whats the trick to removing airbag toyota steering wheels? MR 1JZWed, 26 October 2005 05:56
Read Message   Re: whats the trick to removing airbag toyota steering wheels? CrUZsidaWed, 26 October 2005 06:11
Read Message   Re: whats the trick to removing airbag toyota steering wheels? MR 1JZWed, 26 October 2005 07:32
Read Message   Re: whats the trick to removing airbag toyota steering wheels? EVOSTiWed, 26 October 2005 07:10
Read Message   Re: whats the trick to removing airbag toyota steering wheels?  hamgatanWed, 26 October 2005 07:36
Read Message   Re: whats the trick to removing airbag toyota steering wheels? CrUZsidaWed, 26 October 2005 07:47
Read Message   Re: whats the trick to removing airbag toyota steering wheels? hamgatanWed, 26 October 2005 08:01
Read Message   Re: whats the trick to removing airbag toyota steering wheels? CrUZsidaWed, 26 October 2005 08:07
Read Message   Re: whats the trick to removing airbag toyota steering wheels? kingmickWed, 26 October 2005 10:32
Previous Topic:Gearbox adapter plate.
Next Topic:ke70 3sge

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Jul 5 19:43:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053977966308594 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.