Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 3T-C oil leak block/bellhousing rear seal/sump

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Gased
Regular

May 2002
3T-C oil leak block/bellhousing rear seal/sump Fri, 21 February 2003 12:41 Go to previous message
Don't ya just hate oil leaks!!!!

Engine: 3T-C (nothin special)

Symptom: oil coming down exterior of sandwich plate between block and bellhousing.

The question is:

Does the sandwhich plate between block and bellhousing go all the way to the shaft such that if there was an oil leak from the rear main bearing seal that it would run down the block side of the plate rather than into the bellhousing? Eventially I suppose if there was no drainage from the block side it would fill up and flow into the bellhousing - I note a drainage hole in the bottom of the bellhousing - no oil from there!

It's been a while since I did the clutch - there didn't appear to be an oil leak from rear seal. So I suspect it's the sump gasket. Nothing from higher up the engine.

One things for sure if the sump comes off it's got to be painted before it's put back on! Smile

Cheers

David
  Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   3T-C oil leak block/bellhousing rear seal/sump  GasedFri, 21 February 2003 12:41
Read Message   Re: 3T-C oil leak block/bellhousing rear seal/sump GasedMon, 03 March 2003 05:34
Read Message   Re: 3T-C oil leak block/bellhousing rear seal/sump GregaMon, 03 March 2003 06:24
Read Message   Re: 3T-C oil leak block/bellhousing rear seal/sump blackRA28Mon, 03 March 2003 11:14
Read Message   Re: 3T-C oil leak block/bellhousing rear seal/sump GasedMon, 03 March 2003 13:06
Read Message   Re: 3T-C oil leak block/bellhousing rear seal/sump GregaMon, 03 March 2003 20:10
Read Message   Re: 3T-C oil leak block/bellhousing rear seal/sump GasedWed, 05 March 2003 12:53
Read Message   Re: 3T-C oil leak block/bellhousing rear seal/sump GregaWed, 05 March 2003 19:43
Previous Topic:braided lines
Next Topic:boost controller for 7MGTE

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 17:17:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0034158229827881 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.