Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Please Help!!! ST-162 Alternator?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Please Help!!! ST-162 Alternator? Mon, 28 November 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Hey Ravnuz! did i just buy a black celica off you? pretty sure it was you.

Anyway to your question, if you just buaght a new battery and it only lasted 10 mins, well i doubt it's the alternator or the battery.

But it definetly sounds electrical related to me. Perhaps the starter motor is one problem (checked the conenctions to the battery and the starter motor are tight and making good connection?)

Could be fuel related too, but then you mentioned the guage acting funny, so it really sounds like a dodgy electrical issue. Check all your usual suspects like earths, and dodgy connections to things like the igniter etc. Also while the car is running move wires around and see if you can reveal anything.

i don't think checking the error codes will reveal anything, but can't hurt i spose.

oh yeah if you have a multimeter, check the voltage on your battery, then start teh car (if possible) and check the voltage again, if it's higher then before your alt is probably ok.

[Updated on: Mon, 28 November 2005 07:54]

Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   Please Help!!! ST-162 Alternator? RavnuZMon, 28 November 2005 04:41
Read Message   Re: Please Help!!! ST-162 Alternator?  dingalingMon, 28 November 2005 07:53
Read Message   Re: Please Help!!! ST-162 Alternator? RavnuZMon, 28 November 2005 07:59
Read Message   Re: Please Help!!! ST-162 Alternator? dingalingMon, 28 November 2005 11:34
Previous Topic:Who has a 4agte?
Next Topic:windscreen wiper problem

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 09:13:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047750473022461 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.