Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » which tranny for 3sgte conversion into st162?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: which tranny for 3sgte conversion into st162? Wed, 26 March 2003 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Ok, these are the parts that u need:

MR2 turbo gearbox
Inner ends of MR2 driveshafts
Outer ends of GT4 driveshafts
Selector forks and cover from GT4 gearbox
Braket to hold selector cables to gearbox from GT4 tranny

This is how u do it:

The MR2 gearbox bolts straight onto the GT4 3SGTE so this part is not the problem. You need to swap the MR2 selector forks with the GT4 ones because the MR2 ones are on the wrong side of the gearbox. Up to now its fairly easy other than these two holes that need to be drilled and taped. Modifying the driveshafts isnt too hard either. Both the GT4 and MR2 ones come apart into two pieces and the pieces are interchangable as they have the same bolt pattern. Bolt the MR2 inner ends (part that goes into gearbox) to the GT4 outer ends (part that goes into hub). The axels might be slightly long so u might need to angle grind the ends. One problem i had was that the gearbox mounts didnt line up properly. I had to get them modified to fit. If you ever need to do this swap, PM [mikey] and get the detailed instructions of him. He gave me all the info i needed for the swap and he knows his stuff...
  Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   which tranny for 3sgte conversion into st162? benmeyerTue, 25 March 2003 12:25
Read Message   Re: which tranny for 3sgte conversion into st162? NecrosWed, 26 March 2003 04:00
Read Message   Re: which tranny for 3sgte conversion into st162? CeLiCaWed, 26 March 2003 06:02
Read Message   Re: which tranny for 3sgte conversion into st162? benmeyerWed, 26 March 2003 11:17
Read Message   Re: which tranny for 3sgte conversion into st162?  CeLiCaWed, 26 March 2003 11:32
Read Message   Re: which tranny for 3sgte conversion into st162? benmeyerFri, 28 March 2003 01:10
Previous Topic:Recommendations for sway/stabilzer bar.
Next Topic:Anyone know of any upcoming dyno days in sydney

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Sep 30 05:20:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004669189453125 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.