Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Ongoing problem with 3SGTE, dropping cylinders/misfiring

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
[mikey]
Regular

May 2002

Ongoing problem with 3SGTE, dropping cylinders/misfiring Mon, 31 March 2003 02:42 Go to previous message
Hey All,

Ive already spent a lot of time trying to solve this problem my engine's having, so much so that ive tried to swap every component over from another 3SGTE of the same model in perfect working condtion to no avil. These are ECU, Air Flow Meter, Distributor, Leads, Plugs, Coil, Ignitor, Fuel Pump, Throttle position Sensor, EFI Main Relay. And I have no ECU Faults,so I don't believe its the knock sensor, I will still unplug the TVIS and test this, I am going to replace the fuel filter today as well incase its blocked up. But what happens is it seems to hit a brick wall ie rev limit, from around 3.5-4K rpm onwards above 75% throttle, free revving or under load, it drops single or multiple cylinders, by misfiring, and shown by excess amount of unburnt fuel going out of the exhaust. Ive even tried moving wires and seems to no avail, it just keeps doing it.

If anybody has any ideas, Id be more than happy to listen, as I am going out of my brain trying to solve this...Its not a common problem I take it! And everybody ive spoken to is baffled as well.

Regards,

Michael
  Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   Ongoing problem with 3SGTE, dropping cylinders/misfiring  [mikey]Mon, 31 March 2003 02:42
Read Message   Re: Ongoing problem with 3SGTE, dropping cylinders/misfiring 1jdaveMon, 31 March 2003 20:09
Read Message   Re: Ongoing problem with 3SGTE, dropping cylinders/misfiring Mon, 31 March 2003 22:17
Read Message   Re: Ongoing problem with 3SGTE, dropping cylinders/misfiring [mikey]Mon, 31 March 2003 22:35
Read Message   Re: Ongoing problem with 3SGTE, dropping cylinders/misfiring jaseTue, 01 April 2003 07:33
Read Message   Re: Ongoing problem with 3SGTE, dropping cylinders/misfiring [mikey]Tue, 01 April 2003 11:18
Previous Topic:gearbox swap
Next Topic:Body Rubbers

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Oct 2 08:14:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0076990127563477 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.