Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4AGZE alternator belt tensioner pulley

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
icon5.gif  4AGZE alternator belt tensioner pulley Sun, 07 March 2004 22:18 Go to next message
Hey guys have any of you with gze's needed to replace this part? I went to get Genuine and it costs around $250. (For a fucking bearing!) I said fuck that I'll look around. Its got to be the same as on a NA 4ag or maybe even a 4afe. Anyway I am still driving around with a dry bearing and its getting worse.

Does anyone know where I can get a non-genuine part thatr doesn't cost a quarter of a grand?
  Send a private message to this user    
HighRolla
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: 4AGZE alternator belt tensioner pulley Sun, 07 March 2004 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try Consolidated Bearing Company (CBC), they're a chain, or:

A.B.C. BEARINGS PTY LTD
Head Office 11 Cullen Pl Smithfield(02)9725 5944
Brookvale 16 Powells Rd 2100 (02) 9939 2555
Silverwater Unit 7/ 24 Vore St 2264 (02) 9648 0755

I got a bearing for my A/C idler puller (4AGE) for about $8 from ABC at Brookvale. The bearing was held in the pulley with a circlip. Is that the same as yours? If you can take the bearing out I'm sure (pretty sure) a bearing shop could match it up, but if you go there and say I want one for GZE or GE alternator tensioner pulley then they will probably have NFI
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4AGZE alternator belt tensioner pulley Mon, 08 March 2004 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak ^^^^ yep them guy's. we deal with them at work, they can find nearly any bearing you want.
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: 4AGZE alternator belt tensioner pulley Wed, 10 March 2004 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The alternator is run of a completely separate belt. I think A/C is also run off a third belt but is not driven directly by the crank pulley.
Its a one piece bearing so it all needs to be replaced. I actually went to advanced bearings in Blacktown and they had ones for hyundais, mitsubishis and everything except for toyota. And they were 40 bucks! Anyway I'll give these fellas a try thanks for your help.

[Updated on: Wed, 10 March 2004 06:32]

old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: 4AGZE alternator belt tensioner pulley Wed, 10 March 2004 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hijack! woops

[Updated on: Thu, 11 March 2004 12:58]

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4AGZE alternator belt tensioner pulley Wed, 10 March 2004 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben, there are only two belts off the crank on the AW11 4agze. one drives the s/c and water pump, and the other the alt and a/c compressor.
it would be best to take the adjustor bearing off (only a 14mm bolt holds it on) and take it with you when you go see the bearing guy's.

takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: 4AGZE alternator belt tensioner pulley Thu, 09 September 2004 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found this when looking for another thread. But i thought i woudl just add my 2c about it.
The tensioner pulleys on the GZE are weird bearings. The bearing itself is a press fit just like all the rest. But the inner race is the same piece that gets clamped to the bracket to hold the tensioner in place. Herein lies the problem, you cant get the bearing because its a custom item made by NGK for Toyota.

Solution, well there isnt an easy one. Im working on machining out the inside of the tensioner pulley and machining off the race in order to make a 3 piece tensioner, with replacable bearing. Ill post up the specs when i do it.
Alainve
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: 4AGZE alternator belt tensioner pulley Thu, 09 September 2004 12:13 Go to previous message
i have 2 spare pulley and i dont need either.
for a small cash adjustment i can send em over to you.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE82 Seca instrument cluster into AE80...
Next Topic:supra digidash.. whats the bit inbetween the car?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 16:46:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0080711841583252 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.