Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Alright... who's driving?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Alright... who's driving? Thu, 04 November 2004 12:48 Go to next message
This is a question for those who are/have been in a relationship. Who does the driving?

Used to be no-one touched my car except me. However my last relationship was a real battle, my former gf loved to drive & it was always a battle between taking my car or hers, yeah they were both manual. I'll give her credit though, she had a go with my old UC despite the dodgy clutch & lack of power steering.

How she treated the work cars Shocked That's another story Razz
  Send a private message to this user    
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Alright... who's driving? Thu, 04 November 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmph, relationship or not, NO ONE else drives my car besides me, unless I'm with them when they drive it and they drive it how I want them to. WAY too much time and money invested into my project for someone to just fuck it up by losing control of the beast. Shocked

I do trust other people's driving, but in my car it's just not cricket. No No No

EDIT: depends on whose car we take but I'll usually insist on driving. I'm a driver not a passenger.

[Updated on: Thu, 04 November 2004 12:55]

Toymad
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Alright... who's driving? Thu, 04 November 2004 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used to do all the driving...

that was of course until my g/f finally got her license after i taught her, and she loves driving as much as i do Sad
so now its always a compromise..she drives there i drive back sort of thing...
tho she won't drive my car at the mo coz its driving like a pos and takes skill to get it away from the kerb! Razz
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Alright... who's driving? Thu, 04 November 2004 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This guy I work with has a 91 soarer, was going out with this chick for a week gave her the keys and sure enough she backed straight into another car. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: Alright... who's driving? Thu, 04 November 2004 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I always drive end of story. Its not that I have anything against women driving, I have a thing against anyone bar me driving.

Edit: It probably has to do with her only having got her licence recently, still drives quite rough which frightens the hell out of me sometimes (taking bends at over 60km/h in a very top heavy tarago? scary)

[Updated on: Thu, 04 November 2004 22:24]

joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: Alright... who's driving? Thu, 04 November 2004 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i drive both my car and the gf's car most of the time except when i'm sleepy.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Alright... who's driving? Thu, 04 November 2004 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We go in my car, I drive..

We go in Jesse's car, she drives. (unless like joyride she's really tired).

Simple Smile

We have been known to take her car a little bit more often when there may be beers involved at the destination though Wink
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Alright... who's driving? Thu, 04 November 2004 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lucid wrote on Fri, 05 November 2004 07:33

We have been known to take her car a little bit more often when there may be beers involved at the destination though Wink

WERD to that, my ex used to love driving my prelude but when I never would let her except when it came time for teh drinky winky then she could drive it as much as she liked and she would actually "thank" me for letting her drive my car
Smile
Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: Alright... who's driving? Fri, 05 November 2004 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I drive.

I do about 150-200,000Ks a yr and i have found myself to be a nervous pasenger most drivers don't like it and as for when it comes to my car... got to b pretty damn special only one other person has driven whilst i have owned it and i was fretting the whole time.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Alright... who's driving? Fri, 05 November 2004 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if where going somewhere and there is alcohol (pretty much all the time) then she drives .
But if it's down to the shops or whatever then i drive.
Altho seen as though i drink frequently she drives alot and we take her car.
There is a very select few that can drive my car.
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Alright... who's driving? Fri, 05 November 2004 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I drive... my car, insurance policy states no-one else but me can drive it. Can't argue with that.
Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: Alright... who's driving? Fri, 05 November 2004 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
with my girlfriend and myself, she'll drive her car if we are going to get a few drinks (she ain't much of a drinker, unlike me Wink ) and most other times we go in my sprinter with me driving.

I don't trust anyone driving my sprinter. since it's got a sports clutch, it can be quite hard for people to adjust. hell, it took me a while before i could master it Smile

fractoid
Regular

September 2004
Re: Alright... who's driving? Fri, 05 November 2004 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't really mind who drives, I'm usually a fairly relaxed passenger. And I'm not too stingy about letting others drive the MR2, it's a toy and is meant to be played with.

...but let anyone touch the supra? Over my dead body.
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: Alright... who's driving? Fri, 05 November 2004 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Fri, 05 November 2004 09:53

she would actually "thank" me for letting her drive my car Smile

hahah that made me laugh.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Alright... who's driving? Fri, 05 November 2004 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there are 3 other people in the world I trust driving my car. one of them is female (my mum of all people!).

I've got nothing against being a passenger.... never really scared about car crashes.... no fear Razz
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Alright... who's driving? Sat, 06 November 2004 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've always driven until I lost my license. 12mths, had it back 1 month, gone again (voluntary surrender until after courts case). Makes me a VERY nervous passenger, but the reward is she tells me my new car can be of my choice (like it was an issue anyway) So bring on the new wagon
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/clubagreenie/0002.jpg
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Alright... who's driving? Fri, 12 November 2004 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rod Does 99% of the driving when we go anywhere....
Apparently I scare him Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Alright... who's driving? Fri, 12 November 2004 22:08 Go to previous message
my gf only drives when i'm drinking. so yeah she does most of the driving. but she only drives auto so she couldnt drive my cars even if i let her. i gave her a few lessons on manual in my old laser (coz i didnt give a fuk if she crashed it), and since i got the 162 shes asked me a few times and i'm like "ummm, no"

chris
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:How to handle unsolicitored paper junk mail...
Next Topic:Rendezvous
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 14:23:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.096877098083496 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.