It's on supernova at the moment!

http://66.90.75.92/suprnova//torrents/2948/Rendezv ous(1).torrent

Ferrari 275 GTB + Thrashing + Paris = win

[Updated on: Tue, 09 November 2004 09:03]

Send a private message to this user    
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Rendezvous Wed, 10 November 2004 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've got that on DVD. fukn awsome. apparently the director got arrested after he released it. i like the bits where he nearly hits pedestrians/birds. hahaha

chris
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Rendezvous Wed, 10 November 2004 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes it is a great clip, I have watched it a few times, but I just had a feeling that the soundtrack doesn't quite match the actual speed the car is doing i.e. I think they are both independently created and then brought together????.

If you watch and listen closely there are parts where the car sounds like it is in 4th (maybe 5th) screaming high revs and its creeeping along. It's still cool especially considering when it was made, but have think about how easy those birds move out of the way (you can wlak up to a pigeon and kick it), I reckon if you were doing the speed that the car "sounds" like it is doing they would have been splattered, especially slow moving dimwitted pigeons. Just watch it again and pay close attention to the sound and pictures and how they should be in sync and then think about where the camera is mounted (it gives a feeling of going fast due to it's position).

I am probably completely wrong, but just watch it with a critical view and don't get swept up in the rush, sound and excitement and I think you will see what I mean. It is a greta bit of creative filming.

Oh yeah, also take note of the first few minutes when it is on the multi lane road and it overtakes a mint looking (would have been nearly new at the time) xA23 Celica.

If you like these sorts of film, then the Getaway in Stockholm series would be right up your alley too.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Rendezvous Wed, 10 November 2004 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is that the one where at the end the guy gets out and hugs some hot chick by a river?

if it is, it's a total fake.

Watch it with the sound turned off, and you'll realise that he's taking all the corners pretty slowly, and even on the straights never pushes it, and certainly not to the level the sounds would indicate (top end of 5th in a ferrari is over 200km/hr, and he never gets near that)
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Rendezvous Wed, 10 November 2004 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

is that the one where at the end the guy gets out and hugs some hot chick by a river?

if it is, it's a total fake.

Watch it with the sound turned off, and you'll realise that he's taking all the corners pretty slowly, and even on the straights never pushes it, and certainly not to the level the sounds would indicate (top end of 5th in a ferrari is over 200km/hr, and he never gets near that)

YES!!! Finally someone out there agrees, you are right about it being the one with the chick at the end. Everyone I spoke to thinks it's for real and that car is fanging at warp speed. I thought it was a cool clip, but agree that the speeds are tame and the sound does not match the speed of the vehicle.

Overtake a car doing a 100km/h in your car doing 200km/h (don't actually do it as it is very silly) and you will see that the guy in Rendezvous is no where near these speeds.

It's hyped up and based on heresay to create a legend.
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Rendezvous Wed, 10 November 2004 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as for speeds and engine noises of the ferarri i am going to be the first person to say that i offiacially know dick, have never driven one at 200km/h and have know idea what it would sound like.

as for saying it 'looks' slow, do you think the V8s look like they are going anywhere near as fast as they actually are? i dont. when you watch it on TV it looks hell slow compared to what it would really be like in the car.

if somebody wants to actually PROVE something go find a paris street directory, mark out his trip and work out his avg speed. i personally couldnt be fukd but hey someone might.

if someone can prove its a fake i'll acept that but until then i reckon its real.

and we did too land on the moon.

chris
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Rendezvous Wed, 10 November 2004 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in car with the v8 supercars, yes they seem fast!
and that's on a racetrack, which makes it seem slower, 'cause the bends are more gradual, roads are wide, etc.

I have travelled at over 200km/hr before, and I can tell you his car isn't doing it!
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Rendezvous Thu, 11 November 2004 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is no doubt that the footage is totally legit, but as I mentioned earlier it isn't doing insane speeds and the sound does not match with the situations in the footage. See below for a few calculations someone has done:

Quote:

Summary: Sorry, no racing speeds in this movie!

Lelouche's "Rendezvous" movie is IMHO an overrated joke.

I watched an AVI, and figured out the timed needed to drive down the Champs Elysees from Arc de Triomphe (timecode 1:32) to Place de la Concorde (2:48): about 70 seconds in a straight line. By measuring the distance on a map of Paris (about 2000m), you'll get the average speed: about 64 mph or 102 km/h, AFAIR.

Certainly not a Ferrari at full speed, but probably an ordinary car driven somewhat faster than allowed.

In twistier parts of the city, the sound often goes through all gears into 5th, while the visual speeds don't change much. For example at around 05:40, when he is forced to pass a parked truck slowly. It's hard to believe that people get fooled by that.

At the beginning, it is stated that "the film was produced without photographic tricks nor changes in camera speed". That is IMHO true. The film is right, but the sound is fake.

IMHO, everyone could produce such a flick by recording a normal trip through the village on video, and then adding some exciting sounds generated by a computer racing game.

No doubt it was quick trip through Paris, I mean shit sometimes 40km/h can feel quick in the city when it's busy and people are scrambling off the road.

As I said, great footage, but it's not quite what it seems.

The V8s look pretty quick I reckon and would be insanely quick if you were in the car.

Here are some more points to think about next time you watch it:

Quote:

although I don't have any 'proof' per se. If you watch it enough times, you'll hear/see that the sound is dubbed (badly) - LeLouch way overdid the tire squeals - they turn up where there shouldn't be any (even on old, hard Michelins like mine). There are at least two places where he started dubbing in a new section of engine sounds before the previous one was completely cut off - they overlap. Finally, if you keep track of the gears, there are a couple of sections where (because of the dubbing)he downshifts through more gears than he has.
I have no doubt that LeLouch drove his ass off - he runs 23 red lights - and did it quickly (the camera pointing at the sky and then at the ground indicating some serious acceleration and braking for a car that was pretty tightly sprung), but I think it's pretty obvious that the sound is dubbed.

There are other points like this, but I think you get the idea. Take note of the above points, watch it again and you will see for yourself.

Cheers.
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Rendezvous Thu, 11 November 2004 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I watched an AVI, and figured out the timed needed to drive down the Champs Elysees from Arc de Triomphe (timecode 1:32) to Place de la Concorde (2:48): about 70 seconds in a straight line. By measuring the distance on a map of Paris (about 2000m), you'll get the average speed: about 64 mph or 102 km/h

ahh proof, i conceed

chris
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Rendezvous Thu, 11 November 2004 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You cant tell speed too well on film. F1 cars taking corners at 120 look like they are crawling... And thats with modern day digital video. I guess its made evan worse with older footage. (IE that era) really old footage was ofcourse missing frames (or sped up) so when ever you watch old footy or cricket it seems sped up.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Rendezvous Thu, 11 November 2004 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The link isn't working for me... Is there an alternative location? I tried to find it with Google and searched on Kazaa but no luck. Sad
fractoid
Regular

September 2004
Re: Rendezvous Fri, 12 November 2004 11:47 Go to previous message
http://66.90.75.92/suprnova//torrents/2948/Rendezv ous(1).torrent
Try it without the space in 'Rendezvous'. Smile

If it's any of you guys who are seeding at the moment, I salute j00!

As for the speed being travelled... well, ask me in 20 minutes when I finish downloading it. Smile

[edit: watching it now. He's definitely speeding - I'd say up to maybe 120 on some of the straights - but it's really nothing to write home about, let alone film. The sound effects make it all worth while though... my mum'd be scared watching it. he does run a couple of red lights, but in my book that's not cool, just freakin' stupid. hey, did he really go back into FIRST in that tunnel? Damn. Razz Tyre noises were well overdone too.]

[Updated on: Fri, 12 November 2004 12:29]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Alright... who's driving?
Next Topic:The United States says "Sorry"
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 17:12:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064308643341064 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.