Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there !

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Fri, 02 May 2003 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pfft! come on rod! i say we call a working bee and get stuck into it! hang on someones gotta bring cash forgot doing up cars cost money!
  Send a private message to this user    
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Mon, 05 May 2003 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I'll be coming.
I asked Grandma if I may again borrow her beloved, and she has granted me the Corolla for a day.
I have been steadily modifying her (and the car).
List is as follows
1 - greased the vee belt - for less power robbing friction.
2 - Ported and polished the sump - improves airflow around the crank when you run out of oil.
3 - Hardened the pork rod - self explanatory really. Razz
4 - Inspected and micropolished the dipstick - to make it up to the task of the sump upgrade.
5 - I have gone for an overhead power ported water pump.
6 - Talked serious amounts of Sh_t - very very productive!
7 - Theorised over the benefits of fitting smaller front tyres. Good for windslip in the dyno cell.
8 - Fluffy dice - for those moments of tenderness when the wife is not in the car.
9 - Air intake has been shrouded - in secrecy.
10- Fitted an HKS sticker to the front guard - said to be good for another 20 + hp "at the wheels".

I expect that these serious modifications will yield me approx. 4500W of ground thumping power, and just a few more newton metres than your average ant can muster!!!!

Be afraid!!!
Very afraid!!!
TRACTION_ISSUES
Regular

May 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Mon, 05 May 2003 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL......love ur work Jason! Laughing

Unfortunately, due to many other financial issues, the car will not be ready for the day Sad . For the past year or so the Celica has come 1st in the spendings department, but things change.

REAL investments are calling, read:- house/move to QLD......
so good luck to all...... Smile
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Mon, 05 May 2003 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL, Jason that HKS sticker is actually good for 20 + KWs at the wheels
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Mon, 05 May 2003 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is a really, really, really impressive list of cars you got there phil Razz
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Mon, 05 May 2003 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well that just does it Jason! There is NO WAY your grandma's car is going to topple my POS! Twisted Evil
You are ON! Cool
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Wed, 07 May 2003 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there in the KE25 (4AGTE), last time it was run was few Dyno Days ago, when it was supercharged. Be good to check out some other peoples cars Smile Any other Canberra cars heading up, maybe we could make a day of it if any one is interested. When it gets closer we will start a post on the ACT posting spot.

Shane.
KE38(2TG) and KE25(4AGTE)
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Wed, 07 May 2003 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG,
Can't wait to see your car in the flesh. I seen it in the Zoom article, and it is definitely my cup of tea.
mouse man
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Wed, 14 May 2003 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh its not looking good for me either rego poped up to say hello and has put a delay on the finish time due to shortage of funds it will be close.Dam rego

TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Sun, 18 May 2003 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KE382TG: I'll be heading up with my 4AGTE too, are you just going for the day?

Cheers
Phil
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Sun, 18 May 2003 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll e there again *I want a dam a/f ratio deadout!!!!!* Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
i might be changing the boost controller so i'll see if i get better than my previous 150kw
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Tue, 20 May 2003 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can the toymods board suggest anywhere thats good to stay nearby to where the dyno shootouts being held for us out of towner/staters

If a place chosen for all of us to stay over that weekend - we might get a group discount - and thats always good Wink

Any suggestions - Or shall we all approach this state by state on where we are to stay ?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Tue, 20 May 2003 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"nearby" is a vague term.
in easy driving distance there's prolly several hundred motels Smile
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Tue, 20 May 2003 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nearby as in within short drivng range ( 10 mins or less for sydney traffic ) has a Good reputation , and doenst mind a heap of carbuffs arriving and idling down turbo's

Think of what the dubbo crew did for the hotels - and make it on a lesser scale maybe ?

Im sure one of you lot up there can suggest a good hotel near the place its being held
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Tue, 20 May 2003 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not me
it's longer than a 10 min drive for me Sad
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Tue, 20 May 2003 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
want to stay at the motel then ?? Very Happy No seriously - if there was something arranged for outsiders - it would be a good chance for us to meet up beforehand - go out saturday night - then cruise on up to the shootout ..

Otherwise - for the victorians - check our part of the forums - If toymofds cant suggest something ( and i hope they can ) we'll try organising something accomodation wise
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Tue, 20 May 2003 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check stuff like the travelodge website etc etc. that's all I'd be doing looking for you Smile

anbd "going out saturday night" for me usually means I drop below the 0.05 limit around lunch time Razz
but it sounds like a good idea anyhows, quiet night at a pub somewhere to do the "get to know you" thing, and make the dyno day much more social
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Tue, 20 May 2003 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats what i was thinking - a few quiet ones - a gday - that sorta shit Smile

bad luck for the P platers - no beer for them !!
Twisted Evil
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Wed, 21 May 2003 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For all thoes coming from afar, I am sure a few of the locals could assist with somewhere to crash (your head not the car).

Ask and see who offers
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Wed, 21 May 2003 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You could always shack-up the outta-towner's at Panther's for the night... Smiley $$ Razz Or there's that Motel Formule 1 place at Wentworthville... just a quick stride up the GWH to Mt. Druitt.
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Sun, 25 May 2003 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldn't want to be staying in any motel/hotel's around Mount Druitt Confused

So many "fully sik bro's" hiding out there with bricks and car jack's waiting. Maybe stay somewhere closer to Sydney and just drive over.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Sun, 25 May 2003 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the technical word for that is "habib" paul Smile (according to John, owner of UAS)
white83supra
Regular

March 2003

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Sun, 25 May 2003 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah we should drive out there as a group if we can. Make it a cruise as well as a Dyno day. I'm sure a few of you plan to right?
hehe speaking of Habib, I spanked a stock WRX off the lights last night (torque wins out again). Very Happy I had to laugh at his face and the thought that he will probably have to spend what my car is worth, on exhaust and intercooler mods to feel better about himself.
ant
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Sun, 25 May 2003 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got spanked by a wrx last night.
of course it was pissing down rain.
in which case awd always wins
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Mon, 26 May 2003 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
May I suggest that the interstaters stay at the blacktown workersclub at resivour rd blacktown. It is only 15min from the event and should not be to over priced.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Mon, 26 May 2003 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mmm, dyno day. I'm still planning to come along if at all possible, but of course it depends on work commitments and the bank balance, not to mention the broken-ness of the Supra. Wink

HKSPete: does your offer still stand?
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Mon, 26 May 2003 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie, offer still stands.

Its a 30 minute trip to the dyno day (unless we stay at kylie's place which would be better, and theres a spare room there too). But a 30 minute trip is better than 9 hrs.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Mon, 26 May 2003 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awesome, thanks man. I'll be in contact closer to the time. Smile
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Mon, 26 May 2003 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well there is travlelodge in blacktown which is about 10 away as well
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Sun, 01 June 2003 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there... might bring along a couple of Soarer club mates too.
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Sun, 01 June 2003 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave Mcniell and i are coming
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Mon, 09 June 2003 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So is Blacktown safe? Not that anyone would want to steal my Corona.........
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Mon, 09 June 2003 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
blacktown is safe enough.... there are far worse places to stay in sydney
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Wed, 11 June 2003 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone got any suggestions for a pub to meet at?

the blacktown RSL isn't a bad place but, well, it's an rsl.
I've got a personal affinity for PJs in parra (and a few good stories to go with it), but some people might be against the trip (although it's really only 10-15 minutes away, M2 time)
[mikey]
Regular

May 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Fri, 13 June 2003 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cant even see my car being remotely ready... but I'll try for it....just haven't had the time lately everything else has been keeping me busy...Ill set aside a Saturday to do all the piping and see how we go from there...then just need to get the SAFC2 and play around with it. If not I'll be there as usual to have a laugh or two =]

Adios
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Sat, 14 June 2003 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oi Mikey, get a copy of the new Hot4s cause your famous... There's a pic with you and Joe from Small Car Sunday...
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 Almost Here ! Tue, 17 June 2003 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dyno Day is just 3 short weekends away so its time to get stuck into those last minute jobs and make sure your ready.

We do not have a Sponsor this time around so here is the finalised Trophy List of whats on offer !

Killerwatt King.

Under 1800cc N/A Class
Under 1800cc Forced Induction Class
Over 1800cc N/A Class
Over 1800cc Forced Induction Class.

Top Single Cam Under 1800cc
Top Single Cam Over 1800cc
Top 4WD
Top Supercharged

Most improved.

See the first Post for eligability for Trophies and remeber this is a Social event, Partners and Famalies are more than welcome to attend.

Please keep this in mind when Approaching or attending the venue and drive in a suitable manner. Any "hoon" style or unsafe driving will result in you being asked to leave.
turbovan
Regular

February 2003

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Tue, 17 June 2003 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just got my Crown back on the road so I might bring it along and see what it will put out.

juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Wed, 18 June 2003 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dunno if the 22 is going to be there, its not as close to finished as i hoped!!!
justin
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Wed, 18 June 2003 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any lick with sponsership yet rod??
justin
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Thu, 19 June 2003 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will go in for sure one day when i have my head work done, rally spec cam and new computer but at the moment its just got the air filter and exhaust, anyone else got a 1.3 in the same boat i don't want to go if i'm going to take the loosers trophy home.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Thu, 19 June 2003 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My car will most likely make another appearance, alas without the planned changes just yet Sad Mainly due to witing on parts etc. it looks like I'll be turning up for another half arsed effort. Next time gadget, next time...

Either that or it'll all be in pieces that week, in which case I may even show up with the mighty 2TC powered(I use the term in the nicest possible way!) Corolla!
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Sat, 21 June 2003 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
martin - your car isn't toyota powered so you can't take home ANY trophy :P:P:P:P

sorry, just stirring Smile
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Sun, 22 June 2003 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats a good question its got a Daihatsu badge but Daihatsu is made by Toyota so whats the go there? Razz
cjeff
Regular

September 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Wed, 25 June 2003 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Guys, i want to be there, do we have to put our name down or anything?
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Wed, 25 June 2003 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You've just registered your interest by posting here. Read the first message on this thread for what you'll need on the day.

Guys, don't feel too bad about your rides if they're not up to scratch or not completed yet - you'll most likely whip my ass, so keep your chin up. I'm just bringing the RAV along to see just what she'll put out with the new intake on it. No doubt, she'll be screaming her tits off on the rollers, and the intake roaring away, like "can't you do any better than that?!" Rolling Eyes

My poor RAV will probably get laughed at anyway...

I'm still fairly impressed with the performance it gave on the Newcastle cruise... It took a right spanking up the old Pacific Highway, hard cornering and braking (compared to what it's used to), and it's still going on the same tank of fuel - I'm heading for 600km's on the one tank. Shocked

Question: How are the figures measured? ie. hp or Kw, engine figures or front/rear wheel output?

Should be a good day.

[Updated on: Wed, 25 June 2003 17:21]

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Thu, 26 June 2003 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the dyno measures kilowatts at the wheels. (kW)

It's a four wheel drive dyno, so in your case it would measure the power at all four wheels, as it does for the GT4's that have a go.
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Fri, 27 June 2003 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My car looks like it'll be running craps as ever. I dont think i'll get the engine swap done in time. Especially seeing as i still havent taken delivery of the engine and im not even sure if i'll get it before the Dyno Day. Sad Sad Sad
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Fri, 27 June 2003 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well im still coming at this date - Still need 2 things -

A place to crash - no one i know from vic has expressed interest in coming soo i got to organise a saturday night bed-down place

A sydney Street directory - cause i have NO IDEA how to get to the venue Smile

Anyone aboe to send me down a copy for the sydney melways thing so i dont get lost ? Ill give it back at the Shootout - i promise !
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Fri, 27 June 2003 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stu i might be able to work something out for ya. i'll let you know in the next day or 2
white83supra
Regular

March 2003

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Mon, 30 June 2003 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, all systems go for me, don't for get those membership forms guys.
How is the order for the runs setup? That is; should I turn up early, or on time?
Also, will there be any vegetarian food there? Embarassed
Tree hugging petrol head...
ant
P.S. I suppose it would be worth shelling out for a tank of premium Very Happy
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Mon, 30 June 2003 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stu,
I've worked something out for you. PM me for my mobile number and i'll give you details.
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Mon, 30 June 2003 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can someone also remember to bring my member-stuffs (ie. the XXL shirt (alright, so I'm a big bastard.. Razz), and the all-important sticker too).

Bugger, 8 o'clock start... I'll have to be up at sparrow's-fart to make it there on time. I'll be busy recovering from my 30th birthday celeb's. Shocked Anyone coming from Sutherland/Miranda/Menai area? Wanna hook up in the morning and roll up together? Smile
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Mon, 30 June 2003 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also can someone experienced on the Dyno tell me about the average losses of 4wd at the wheels compared to the engine figure? Just so I know what to expect and not be too upset about my horrid output figure. Laughing

And, do you run it in 4th up to redline or, what exactly happens when you get on it? Confused Can someone tell me the workings please??

Thanks. Wink
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Mon, 30 June 2003 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew,
Its run in 4th gear till the car stops making power. Drive train losses on 4WD are different per car. A safe figure to base it on is about 40%. A mate put his mums stock Rav similar to yours on the dyno a while ago i think it made about 47Kw.

I'll most likely be going from Engadine so if you want to meet up i'll be in it.
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Mon, 30 June 2003 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okies, where do you wanna meet up - Menai Macca's? Kind of in between you and me...

Also thanks for the explanation too. Good things to know... I guess I'll be pegging my hopes on about 50kw in that case. Do you know if that RAV4 was auto or manual, and what year?
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Mon, 30 June 2003 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not sure if it was auto or manual but i think it was a 96 or 97 Rav.

Menai Maccas sounds good
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Mon, 30 June 2003 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha - I'll kick it's ass then.... the 1998-2000 models came out with a bonus 7hp (flywheel), and mine with a Cold Air Intake and heatshield... well, I'd say 50kw should be achievable. Nod

Menai Macca's it is then - anyone else in?? EvilJack, you coming along??
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Mon, 30 June 2003 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You do have bigger wheels though, which will actually make your figure lower.
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JULY 6th - Dyno Day 7 is out there ! Mon, 30 June 2003 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Correct - I do have bigger wheels, but the outside diameter (O/D) is actually SMALLER by 20mm compared to stock fitment. Mine are now 688mm top to bottom, while stock was 708mm. Wink
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Refton Spur Melbourne
Next Topic:Blacktown RSL saturday night before dyno day
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 10:50:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011951923370361 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.