Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Kingswood
Regular

December 2003
Re: Strength of W58 gearbox Tue, 22 June 2004 10:40
I had a w50 steel case in my old Hq, it was a heavily heavily worked 253 , wasn't to much else that could be done to it
It lasted a while until got my heads done and that increased power by a heap, I took off out of a mates house onto the highway and launched it at about 5000rpm, clicked it into 2nd at just over 8000rpm and it was fine, Then i was going to another mates house who lives up the top of lindisfarne (for those of you in south tassie) steep hill and bang that was it no more w50, But i was pretty pleased with the way it held up in a 1500kg car with a fiar bit of power/tourque, also turning a nine inch diff which wouldn't have helped the situation. I put another one in and that was shaged when it went in lasted a couple of weeks. After that I bought a W57 out of an Ra65 celica ($300) changed my bellhousing and crossmember and away i went again, great gearbox couldn't fault it and to this day (i have sold the car now) it is still going

Cheers Josh
Munch munch 308's for lunch
  Send a private message to this user    
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Cheap and easy mods for AE93 'Rolla GTi?
Next Topic:GT4 front bar on an ST162
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 23:40:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042941570281982 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.