Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Wed, 06 August 2003 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats the problem greg
getting to homebush

obviously im gonna follow u guys along the cruise so i dont get lost

but its getting there thats the prob

if no one can thats no big deal
ill just print out a map and glue it to my bike

yeah screw it ill just print out a map

Ta
Mani
  Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Wed, 06 August 2003 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whereabouts do you live?
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Wed, 06 August 2003 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Northern Beaches

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Wed, 06 August 2003 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah, so like round the corner from palm beach Razz
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Wed, 06 August 2003 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i spose from where u guys are in comparison yeah
but its actually a good 30 mins drive if youve got no traffic issues

but Homebush is not so around the corner so yeah
]
no stress though ill get off my ass and figure it out

just thought atleast SOMEONE would be coming that i could follow
but no you're all westerners
bah

Razz

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Wed, 06 August 2003 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you wanna meet up on ryde/lane cove rd near epping road, I could manage that.

but from there it's pitifully easy to get to olympic park Razz
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Wed, 06 August 2003 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
exactly id need a map to get there so i might as well go the whole way

nm

i was gonna come with Mr Beach (on the forums) but he dropped my postie last week and broke the handle bar lever so he can go eat a dick

aaaaanyway lets stop hassling this thread

thanx for the offer Draven
but i spose ill meet u all at Homebush

Ta
Mani
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Wed, 06 August 2003 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Mani, you shouldn't need a map, it's really pretty easy. Once you're on Mona Vale rd just follow that south south south, the same rd all the way to Homebush. Now if there's one place in Sydney that is well signposted it is Homebush, so just keep an eye out for the signs & they'll direct you to an off ramp on the left, which will take you too a roundabout, where you chuck a right. Now you're on Australia ave, follow this until you find a carpark on the left full of toymodders. Voila. Smile
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Thu, 07 August 2003 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanx Joel

If its as simple as that ill be sweet as i know mona vale Rd well

Ta
Mani
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Thu, 07 August 2003 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Although I just noticed today, the sign at the off ramp calls it Sydney Olympic Park, or something like that, not Homebush Bay. So keep an eye out for that, Sydney Olympic Park.
feeva
Occasional Poster

June 2003

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Thu, 07 August 2003 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
/me waves to the non toyota'd ignite Razz
Ignite
Newcomer

July 2003

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Thu, 07 August 2003 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey fvee Smile

hows the rav going ? Smile
feeva
Occasional Poster

June 2003

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Thu, 07 August 2003 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
geez that was quick
its sweet az
forever undergoing changes Smile
Ignite
Newcomer

July 2003

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Thu, 07 August 2003 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea thats good tho

use some of wes's money aswell hahaha Razz
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Thu, 07 August 2003 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanx Joel

RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon4.gif  Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Thu, 07 August 2003 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You coming along Feeva? If so, PM me and we can hook up and roll together - I know where they're meeting, if it's the last place we met up at outside of Olympic Park station (car park area). Would be good to have two stark RAV'in maniacs roll up. Evil or Very Mad
Kin9os
Occasional Poster

November 2002
icon7.gif  New Cruiser Sat, 09 August 2003 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys is the cruise still on ???
Im pretty keen to come, Ive never been on a cruise with the toymods or TC16 group before so i dont really know anyone. I cant wait to see everyones cars.

Im cruising down form terrigal.

Hopefully i will see a couple of you guys tonite.
ADAM.

4AGE AE82 hatch
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sat, 09 August 2003 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
More than likely, i'll make the trip up from Wollongong. Will be a late night i think... Confused

I finish work at 8. and i'll be heading up straight after i finish. so hopefully i should be at the meet by the time you're all ready to leave. Should only take just over 1hr to get upto homebush.

cyas
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sat, 09 August 2003 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YAY... See ya there Steve...
zulu
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sat, 09 August 2003 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
G'day fellas

Newbie Rolla driver here - don't have anyone who wants to tag along so i'll be cruising solo as long as I can make it.

I'll be in a blue Yamaha jacket and I won't know anyone there tonight.... so don't be scared Smile

See you all there

zulu (Paul)
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sat, 09 August 2003 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cruising solo?
pft, only till you reach the bunch of toymodders at homebush bay.

dont know what I'll be dressed in, but I'm the guy with the long black hair. cya there Smile
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sat, 09 August 2003 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill be the guy freezing his balls off cursing at all u ppl in your nice warm cars

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sat, 09 August 2003 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
assuming my car's heater decides to work

dont worry, I'll be sure to laugh at you Smile. and floor it while in front of you, I've been told the amount of petrol smoke I blow is akin to running diesel in a petrol car Smile
sweathers
Regular

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sat, 09 August 2003 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And how do we feel about Series V RX7 joining you in the Northern Beaches run?

Cheers,
Jimbo
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sat, 09 August 2003 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

all are welcome Smile

remember guys... as an official toymods cruise all road rules must be adhered to

play nice

Smile

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sat, 09 August 2003 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hell yes!
rx7s are great
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sat, 09 August 2003 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah man, bring the rotor along for sure...
grim boy
Regular

June 2002
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sat, 09 August 2003 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so its cool if a commie ute , turbo lazer and a mini truck comes??
Dennis
sweathers
Regular

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sat, 09 August 2003 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im sure it would be fine, provided theyre no faster than any Toyotas present.

If this is the case, simply Detune the engine and mix your fuel 70:30 with water.

"Someone hear something?"

brup brup brUP bRUP BRUP BRUP BRUP BRUP BRRRRRRRRUUUUURRRPPPP

"Oh, its that rotor guy"

jimbo
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sat, 09 August 2003 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
um can somone give me a mobile to msg so i can find out when your gonna hit monavale? i know draven i think it was going to msg me but just in case he forgets my number is 0403772082 thanks guys il c you there.
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sat, 09 August 2003 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Sat, 09 August 2003 14:29

cruising solo?
pft, only till you reach the bunch of toymodders at homebush bay.

dont know what I'll be dressed in, but I'm the guy with the long black hair. cya there Smile

I'll be the guy riding with said man with long black hair.

For those who don't know me , I'm the tall dude with the really short spiked hair. I'll be playing with my cb Very Happy
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sat, 09 August 2003 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
craig man.. sorry, I totally forgot till we reached palm beach.

nice cruise guys.... top on my list of car priorities is now a front left shock. It made the right hand corners very interesting, but also very slow.

ah well, best get some sleep. have to be up for work in a little over 4 hours
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sat, 09 August 2003 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah sweet cruise guys

Its been a while since

nice choice of twisties too joel

locking the rear up on a bike is something i will refrain from doing in future

did someone manage to grab a photo of Toyota absolutely dominating that Quix Servo ?

Ta
Mani
zulu
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sat, 09 August 2003 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah great cruise most enjoyable

Top job Joel for leading the way

Can't wait for the next 1!

zulu

PS who was the chap in the mr2 spyder? that skyline on the way home we kept passing had a comp with another skyline at king georges rd.... I knew he was itching to go for it!
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sat, 09 August 2003 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, top cruise and good to see some new faces too... great turnout.

The second-half was marred by a combination of a lack of UHF CB radio and a poor sense of direction, leading part of the group in one direction and the others the way Joel was going Confused Oh well, a good night was had...

Cheers.
Mijbril
Regular

April 2003
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sat, 09 August 2003 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Sat, 09 August 2003 14:29

I'm the guy with the long black hair. cya there Smile

Hey, I'm the guy with the long black hair, but I wasn't there Sad Had to work, still at work actually, Sad
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sun, 10 August 2003 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats cool draven i was sitting on monavale road and you guys were kind of hard to miss!!
what did the green celica have in it? nice car!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sun, 10 August 2003 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey wagonist, were you the guy in that falcodoore wagon?
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sun, 10 August 2003 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If its the green celica im thinking of.... 1g-gte

draven yes that was wagonist in the commodore

Ta
Mani
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sun, 10 August 2003 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was a great cruise again and even better this time without any punctures...

I kinda stole Andrew and the Orange Corolla by accident when I headed to North Sydney Laughing Laughing Laughing ...
Sorry to those guys for misleading them...

We went to North Sydney and I picked up my g/f and then went to Cremorne Maccas for some food where I saw a mate that I went to school with and got my dinner for free Smile Smile Smile ...

Then we all departed from there at about 1am...

I finally got into bed at 4am after some fun later on Razz Razz Razz ...
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sun, 10 August 2003 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lucky bastard
I got in to be just after 2, and was up at 6 for work Sad
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sun, 10 August 2003 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got back at 2.30am, in bed at 3 Confused

GREAT cruise guys. enjoyed it a lot. think i ended up doing something like 350km's last night. hehe

Ben, i wasnt planning on letting you pass me either when u came roaring up behind. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy lotta fun that little stint! Cool

Great twisties!! gotta put those springs in!

thanks again.
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sun, 10 August 2003 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big thanks to everyone who came, it was great turn out!
I didn't take an official count, but we had around 30 cars I reckon. Which made for some interesting traffic negotiation, thanks to the usual high standard of driving practiced by most of Sydney's locals. Rolling Eyes
The twisty bits were pretty good, I had just installed a bucket seat which really proved itself. The bumps were absolutely disgraceful though, that's definitely not a road I will be frequenting. If it wasn't for my new seat I would have just been pedaling along at a leisurely. Smile
And yay, this time I didn't get a flat tyre or get scared by a one-eyed fuzz box! Very Happy

Once again, thanks o all those who came.
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sun, 10 August 2003 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awsome cruise fellas , great turnout and great fun to be had. Also a public thanks to draven for letting me ride in his supra, definatly the best ride I've ever had Laughing

Stage 1 of my rolla upgrades was done today , and when the rest is done she will be a hard cornering machine.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sun, 10 August 2003 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bah
I owe you a better ride with working shocks Smile

no brake fires thise time, which was good, and only the one undercover cop (I'm pretty sure that wagon that parked up the ebach a bit and watched us for 10 mins was a cop)
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sun, 10 August 2003 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apparently that was a coppa ( I heard from a source today )
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sun, 10 August 2003 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not suprised
I think he just wanted to make sure we didn't pull burnouts, which noone did
(while he was around Smile)
grim boy
Regular

June 2002
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sun, 10 August 2003 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wile he was around Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Embarassed
-blown20v-
Regular

January 2003
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sun, 10 August 2003 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys.. sounds like it was a good cruise... shame i missed it..
oh well.. hmmmm... and i even had all my mods finished ready to.. goddam mate dogged me..Sad oh well... n Very Happy ext one boys... so anyways.. when is the next?? where too??? this friday maybe???
im keen
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sun, 10 August 2003 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You shouldn't have done that burnout... You could've been kicked off the cruise...

After that sideways action on the Spit Bridge: "You're out of the club..." Laughing Laughing Laughing ...
grim boy
Regular

June 2002
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sun, 10 August 2003 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your out of the club , what burn out that wasnt me Rolling Eyes altho i do seem to rember you in the car , hmm what was it you said , o that write , do it hear , lol Laughing Laughing Laughing
BM325ic
Newcomer

August 2003

icon14.gif  Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sun, 10 August 2003 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool cruise last night guys. Was good to meet a few of you and see what you guys get up to.

I haven't driven any of that 14km or so winding road before. That was an amazing drive. The guys behind me said my exhuast sparked on the road 3 times Smile I suppose that's what you get with a dumped car Razz

Might see you next time if you don't mind a BM hanging around with yas!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sun, 10 August 2003 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, some fairly impressive sparks coming out when you grazed bottom (I was the guy behind you, with diz). all I grazed was my front left mud flap. repeatedly. (stupid shocks Mad )

edit: stupid typos

[Updated on: Sun, 10 August 2003 11:49]

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sun, 10 August 2003 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your BM is always welcome Smile Smile Smile ...

I was scrubbing all the way thru every corner and the mudflaps were scraping thru a few of the 35km/h corners to Palmy...
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sun, 10 August 2003 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BigWorm wrote on Sun, 10 August 2003 19:50

And yay, this time I didn't get scared by a one-eyed fuzz box! Very Happy.

DUDE - There is just soooo much wrong with that comment! Laughing Razz

Anyway, yeah - was a good run. The road through Akuna Bay is choppy as hell.. Still, there were some interesting moments dropping it into first gear through those hairpins. Evil or Very Mad

Thanks BigWorm for organising the run. I'll hopefully have another nice drive planned out sometime soon. Smile
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Mon, 11 August 2003 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah Draven, it was me in the Commo wagon. I was surprised it did as well as it did. Next time though, if I bring a work car, it'll be a new Falcon, at least with the tiptronic it'd be easier to use the gears to brake.
Sorry for breaking the group up on the last run. Couldn't quite keep up with the 2 in front. Spose that's what you get for driving a bog stock barge.
"gt4rider"
Regular

December 2002
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Mon, 11 August 2003 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In the work car Laughing May I ask a stupid question and ask what was the street name of 14 km section of winding road? Very Happy Was a lot of fun and I wouldnt mind going back if I knew where the heal we were and how I could get back there.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 August 2003 07:12]

Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Mon, 11 August 2003 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No idea about the name of the road, but if you look up the National Park area of Akuna Bay it should point you in the right direction. Smile
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Mon, 11 August 2003 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, it's my work car. Still had all the witches hats, flashing lights & everything still in the back.
Next time your car's broke down see if you can scab a car that comes with free fuel. Twisted Evil
By the way GT4rider, if you're driving a twisting road, and you make a turn but can't see the headlights of the car that following you. STOP & WAIT.
It saves a lot of hassles from people getting lost & trying to make a U turn on a narrow road. Smile

manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Mon, 11 August 2003 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
U guys talking about the winding road on the way BACK from palm beach

if so thats Mc Carrs creek

sweet road but bumpy as buggery

i usually just follow mc carrs creek on the same road to mona vale rd... but the turn off to the right halfway through was a mad one
never gone that way b4
it pretty much an extension

Ta
Mani

[Updated on: Mon, 11 August 2003 09:39]

Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:anyone up for a cruise to newcastle in the near future
Next Topic:Sydney cruise to wollongong BBQ lunch 31st Aug
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 22:18:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011560916900635 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.