Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car PMP-80Y, TURBO AE-71 (5) 1 Vote(s)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Sat, 24 January 2004 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
curtain rod or towel rack?
  Send a private message to this user    
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Sat, 24 January 2004 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peewee wrote on Sat, 24 January 2004 17:35

curtain rod or towel rack?

Shopping Trolley handle!! Laughing
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Sun, 25 January 2004 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its actually the rail off a portable clothes hanging thingy...

I can't wait until Karl comes back so he can store this thing at his place... its sort of turned out useful though for all the pricks around my place (yes you AND worthy scotty! Razz ) who don't have cars (or working ones)
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Sun, 25 January 2004 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love it.
I thought you were joking about the PMP80Y plates and the trolley handle.

I wish I could see it in the flesh
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Thu, 29 January 2004 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You'll have to come to Toynats then!

Karl will 99.9% likely be driving it down there
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Mon, 02 February 2004 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KEN OATH!!!

Cant wait!
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Thu, 05 February 2004 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm afraid you can't have this car back for a while dude...
I need it whilst I'm fixing the pocket rocket cause the celica is stuck behind the pocket rocket ATM!

BTW after driving the pocket rocket with its micro steering wheel the shit8ox really feels like a slow arsed truck with a massive truck steering wheel!
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Sun, 08 February 2004 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude... never fear, the rolla can tow pretty much anything!

im sure we can move your KE20 out of the way Smile

ANd i need that car because i have no otehr car that works!
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Mon, 09 February 2004 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you are intrested in parting with the spoiler - i know some 1 who is very keen on getting one for his ke70...
MR KE70
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Mon, 09 February 2004 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got a ke70 myself just wondering wats been like the general feedback of other cars. and which cars u have chopped
thanks
mr ke70
MR KE70
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Mon, 09 February 2004 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also love the plate and the spolier could u tell me where u got ur extractors from and is it worth getting them. how much better does it go
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Thu, 19 February 2004 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The black shitter has chopped a few cars...
Bogandores a plenty...
1 x Monaro
1 x VT
a couple of VN-VP's
A foory sick lancer
A Riced up excel
and various other random cars who want to have a play... nobody really expects it

This car is only good for the initial pickup and has the advantage because of the fact that the diff and gearbox are stuffed so I don't really care about doing damage to them...

Around corners you have only two options... sideways or slowly
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Thu, 19 February 2004 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweeet!!!!

IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Fri, 20 February 2004 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs.... ROFLMAO
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Mon, 08 March 2004 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
new diff centre is on the way, 4.1:1 - i like the idea of better acceleration Very Happy

BTW - here is what the engine bay looks like now. Everything is connected, inc THA and OX. I would like a heat sheild for the intake, but darn it im just too freakin lazy!

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgAQA0UVSALXiDooEwR5wG80EagT**bXhAFuGJRIViDa!Fuo6iAz72SvIpanhCufqxMeJbZuSfUXqbQ8*9OU7*D4gN3fF7fZUpTp99Y8Qo2zi5rVManwjA/COMPLETE%20ENGINE.jpg?dc=4675462895121467056

[Updated on: Mon, 08 March 2004 04:55]

IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Mon, 08 March 2004 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what do you need a heat shield for.. just go with the flow and rip the bonnet right off LOL
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Mon, 08 March 2004 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah you need some rice vents or something like that! Thats a seriously cool car... how much has it set you guys back all up?
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Mon, 08 March 2004 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol i love the idea of this car,
and i cant wait to see if i get to give it a run on the track at dubbo this easter! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Mon, 08 March 2004 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
err.... i WAS driving around for a while without a bonnet, but i didnt like the idea of the police attention. Rice vents are a possibilty, if i can do them for less than $10.

So far the car has cost $2790 excl. rego and normal shit like that. There are a couple more costs coming like diff reco and front main seal

alwaysRA23 - by dubbo there will be at least a 4.1:1 diff ratio in there so it will be a tough competitor! I have my eyes on a certain 4.3:1 ratio, so watch out! I am aiming for the toymods <1800cc NA 1.4 mile record (under 16sec).
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Mon, 08 March 2004 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about scabbing around and finding some locker doors with a heap of ventilation bits and than welding them into the bonnet?
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Mon, 08 March 2004 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah too lazy. I have many other things on the list that need attention....

# axle bearings
# diff centre
# front main seal
# gearbox
# rear windows

T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Mon, 08 March 2004 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Thu, 19 February 2004 12:56

Around corners you have only two options... sideways or slowly

"I'll take sideways for $50 thanks"
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Mon, 08 March 2004 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have recently proven that theory wrong... until the road gets wet Sad
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Wed, 10 March 2004 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats too funny guys, i was wondering if there was any chance you could snap a closer pic of the reversed intake manifold.

cheers
craig
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Wed, 10 March 2004 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, these are the best i have. I hope they help. Its really quite easy to do (if you can weld, which i cant) so there is really nothing stopping you from converting a 100kW motor to RWD.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0PwDVAisT7GdBH*y*x1yB9G*XOMnqa6a8dZonlEDqWfqh9akVjbvXj4559eGXg8kdmFEXvTtr9PWOpwzgX1Ug93B0dgmz3!Kw/intake.jpg?dc=4675463210901944651

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QwAAAOQTZ51BH*y*x1yB9K0s6Z7O4hdg7ZE!ktxBI1s4VxLEVmO7XYdpYkZ!O4RO5bu6v*HfIK9WeldOQ16MIxbLWYxjOZ3KV*!p1FoaOME/intake%202.jpg?dc=4675463211110982300

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QwCiAuUTn51BH*y*x1yB9J5B3ke1A3sSS2vdmd4mKsxQE2l*MhDBjEbQT6rZHF84ZfRJctxliXkrbuHtefMWhD!9rEKiaWoGde5yIwCzx2I/intake%203.jpg?dc=4675463211339304352

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QwDRAuYT151BH*y*x1yB9GNapEZOuHqGZt5zbbVebZ6jcKSQiiT*T98b9QJYzP7MPsVbLn!yZ3zGzhhASFoXFoT1HSVuKHme43l95BbfeyA/intake%204.jpg?dc=4675463211697170572
chrizer
Regular

October 2003
Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Wed, 10 March 2004 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is that the standard AE71 radiator???
If so, how is the temps on that sucker???

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Wed, 10 March 2004 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they;re fine.... expect in traffic cos the fucken thermofan broke Sad
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Sat, 13 March 2004 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahhh..... The things Legends are made of. Cool

What is the purpose of this car?
Is it purely a second car, or part of some learning curve in engine conversions or just somthing that came out of a night on the piss (a shit box car with all the right work done. ie: the ultimate sleeper! and the direct opposite of Rice)

Haven't seen it on the road yet (except the first trip to Toymods meeting) does she get driven much?
TraeKe86
Occasional Poster

October 2003
Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Wed, 17 March 2004 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha this is funny as, nice work guys, kinda looks like my corolla, bunky lookn matt black spray job (10$ from supershit)
mine all up was around 5.5k to do thou, Should give you a run some time if we ever cross paths Wink
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Wed, 17 March 2004 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this one has been done on a mega-tight budget Smile

I just fitted the 4.1:1 diff centre too. Man its a lot smoother to drive, and there is NO DIFF NOISE! This is now the quietest its ever been since ive owned it!

... oh, and i now have a leaking shock absorber at the rear. Damn munroe. Good thing i have spares!
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Sun, 21 March 2004 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This car was initially intended as a cheap $300 second car... then Karl stumbled across the engine... the rest is now history..

BTW RE: the sideways thing Karl... remember you've only really driven it since we got the tyre done...
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Tue, 23 March 2004 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
new pic

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0PwDRAocS8kDJkRmJqpTphfpWptWXcSsGXTE0YTU9c6sJXBVNJra**nsEgUIpWbsVJedUxYfgUc9vHq*pEuvEtg0xTLJ!v0uw/PMP80y.jpg?dc=4675465004228347861
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Wed, 24 March 2004 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
almost looks respectable
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Wed, 24 March 2004 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YOU DID A FUNNY!!

LMAO!
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Wed, 24 March 2004 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clearly shows quantity over quality Razz
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Wed, 24 March 2004 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as long as the fluffy interior remains! Laughing

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Wed, 24 March 2004 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the fluff remains in the boot....
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Thu, 01 April 2004 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hows about some action pics??? Guess we'll have to wait till after toynats
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Thu, 01 April 2004 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats awesome but this is better!!!!
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RADhAlQTO3rIeLFgQN*eBSHdyi*Gxw3a958Ar7up3rGSaDT8zms8egvkHEeOk38fDJpNXd5QS9f4QXIIy04jYycDnSpr3IxnKypgKAB6*Hw/SAVE0000.JPG?dc=4675466288790200499

Yep thats a 20Valve turbo
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Fri, 02 April 2004 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trend whores....
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Fri, 02 April 2004 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does it still have the shopping trolley handle, or was that just a once of kinda thang?

its fairly damn cool might i add Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Thu, 08 April 2004 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, this sux.

http://www.rollamods.com/witzl/AE71%20conversion/DEFECT.jpg
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Thu, 08 April 2004 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4. door trims missing. (fur isnt sharp) put it back in i know you want to.

what did they say about the hight?
Alainve
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Thu, 08 April 2004 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you had better put those fluffy door trims back in then Laughing
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Thu, 08 April 2004 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good old Witzo... looks like the 0.1% in the 99.9% likely to go to Toynats happened...

Cops are tops aren't they!
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Thu, 08 April 2004 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ouch... Maximum harshness dude.

When and where did they get you? Were you doing anything suspect or was it a random check when they did it?
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Fri, 09 April 2004 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nasty pasty....

hopefully its not too much of a pain for ya, im beginning to really like this beast Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Fri, 09 April 2004 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you need some one dodgy to clear them you know where to come Evil or Very Mad
hotrolla
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Sat, 10 April 2004 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey my friend told me he saw your car getting defected at the EPA station. My mate had the full air brushed swift gti he got 15 defects that night.
Hey Witzl i saw you a couple of nights ago at castle hill towers at the set of lights around 12am you took off at the set of lights i was gonna drag ya but had 2 people in the car.(I was driving the red ae92 hatch rolla )
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Sat, 10 April 2004 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol theres nothing wrong with having two people in the car... Rolling Eyes

u should have given him a run, now u wont get a chance for ages lol
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Sun, 11 April 2004 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
/begin rant

i know the cops have a job to do, and, with the resources they have they do their job reasonably well.

here in VIC roadworthies and safety checks can only be done by registered workshops or authorities.

funnily enough i've been to the police station several times and have NEVER seen a sign saying "licenced vehicle testing station here" OR "can be performed here"

next time i need a RWC i might just go to the cop shop and demand one?

/end rant

whats the fucking go here? anyone?

ps : witz sorry to hear about your misfortune mate.

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Mon, 12 April 2004 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the safety checking things is basically to CLEAR your vehicle of said problems and defects. Think of your pink slip (or whatever it is in VIC) as a yearly defect clearing for the majority of the car.

BAsically giving me this is telling me that all these bits require clearing by an AUVIS/AVIS before it can get back on the roads again.... which is gay.

P.S. Dude, even if i had the trailer on there, id give you a run.
demuire
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Tue, 13 April 2004 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karl: What car is that flex rubber hose for the intake from?

Also, what's with the "open air filter" defect? is that for the pod? What's wrong with running a pod?
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Tue, 13 April 2004 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the pod needs to be enclosed in a box or behind a shield for it to be legal. does anyone want to add onto this coz thats all i know?
demuire
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Tue, 13 April 2004 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Behind a shield as in... Like in a CAI setup? Shielding it against what in particular?
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Wed, 14 April 2004 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i really dont know what the shield is for. ive just seen what workshops offer when they install pod filters. Im guessing its to shield it off from the heat of the engine as its usually done in a corner with a cold air intake
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Wed, 14 April 2004 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my guess is that a heat shield around ur pod prolly wouldnt do much.. but im not really sure

im just guessing that the cop will defect u for 'having a pod filter' and prolly wont care about the shield, spose it also depends on the cop.. Confused
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Thu, 15 April 2004 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the filter has to be boxed in - thats the requirements.
MR KE70
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Wed, 21 April 2004 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any pics with the new towbar
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toobs' & The Witzl's *spare* car.... AE-71 Thu, 22 April 2004 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
http://www.rollamods.com/witzl/AE71%20conversion/towbar.jpg
Pages (6): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Mikeys SW20 MR2
Next Topic:My 1989 ST162 Celica SX UPDATED! - Rims on as of 25/2/05
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 11:28:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011199951171875 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.