Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: What cars are owned by forum members Sun, 26 October 2003 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i own a Toyota Sprinter Trueno AE86

dammit. my car is not a shitty corolla....
own catagory thxx

and the levin is a corolla
toyota corolla levin
but its a fair bit diofferent than a fwd corolla
just like a supra is quite different to a celica
but its still called a celica supra "back in the day"

its a bit hypocritical not having separate catagories for the sprinter + the corolla but having them for the supra and celica

dont you think?
plus your data is flawed if you join them all together

t-18 + sprinter + corolla, all different cars....

Send a private message to this user    
Purple_Beasty
Regular

May 2002
Re: What cars are owned by forum members Sun, 26 October 2003 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I know of only 3 others in the club.

1981 KP60 Starlet

Callum

Not the one in my avatar, thats my old one.

My one is here http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289326297&a mp;code=6928693&mode=invite
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: What cars are owned by forum members Sun, 26 October 2003 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corollas are for girls and sprinters are for people that like corollas but dont like being called a girl!
Never the less a sprinter is a corolla! So all you sprinter owners are pussy girls Twisted Evil

Simple and end of story Evil or Very Mad
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: What cars are owned by forum members Sun, 26 October 2003 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Laughing

silly silly boy
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: What cars are owned by forum members Sun, 26 October 2003 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know that sprinters a corollas... i still think we deserve our own category! Mad
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: What cars are owned by forum members Sun, 26 October 2003 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Sun, 26 October 2003 18:36

Corollas are for girls and sprinters are for people that like corollas but dont like being called a girl!
Never the less a sprinter is a corolla! So all you sprinter owners are pussy girls Twisted Evil

Simple and end of story Evil or Very Mad

once again, your logic is infallible
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: What cars are owned by forum members Sun, 26 October 2003 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those sprinters are just a bad earth on wheels Rolling Eyes
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: What cars are owned by forum members Sun, 26 October 2003 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you = suck

Very Happy
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: What cars are owned by forum members Sun, 26 October 2003 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why dont you girls give your sprinters to your sisters and then buy a real car like a Celica Twisted Evil
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: What cars are owned by forum members Sun, 26 October 2003 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And after you buy the celica become a gay hairdresser... until you realise hairdressing and being gay both suck ... then buy a soarer.. like a real.....old...... man
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What cars are owned by forum members Sun, 26 October 2003 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just remember, as well as the celica-supra, theres the mk3 and mk4 supras, which noone will argue against being called "real supras"
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: What cars are owned by forum members Sun, 26 October 2003 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Sun, 26 October 2003 22:45

And after you buy the celica become a gay hairdresser... until you realise hairdressing and being gay both suck ... then buy a soarer.. like a real.....old...... man

Being gay only sux if your a taker! I'm a giver and I have no problem with it at all Wink
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: What cars are owned by forum members Sun, 26 October 2003 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Sun, 26 October 2003 23:53

Jag7799 wrote on Sun, 26 October 2003 22:45

Being gay only sux if your a taker! I'm a giver and I have no problem with it at all Wink

*unzips pants*
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: What cars are owned by forum members Sun, 26 October 2003 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hope you supply your own lube Confused
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: What cars are owned by forum members Sun, 26 October 2003 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh son, im not a nice person!.... theres no lube involved
Razz
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What cars are owned by forum members Mon, 27 October 2003 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
laughs !

nice to see shane expressing his true self again

As for sprinter/trueno - No seperate group ! they are stilla corolla model - are you so scared as to distance yourselves from the image of a corolla ?

Nods to draven about the supras once again !
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: What cars are owned by forum members Mon, 27 October 2003 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not scared to be grouped with corollas... just embarassed Embarassed
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What cars are owned by forum members Mon, 27 October 2003 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look-see here Wink

if we celica owners have to be grouped with the ra65 coupe - then you lot can be compared to base model corollas - fairs fair Twisted Evil

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: What cars are owned by forum members Mon, 27 October 2003 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bloody hair dressers and girls cry to much Twisted Evil
jokin Laughing
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: What cars are owned by forum members Mon, 27 October 2003 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've got a mk2 corona wheres the mk2 category? Rolling Eyes

im in the same boat as you sprinter boys although im not gay and dont cut hair Laughing
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What cars are owned by forum members Mon, 27 October 2003 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh - Im not Crying - My car hauls ass bigtime, and is a ball of fun to drive Smile Gt4's are great Smile

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: What cars are owned by forum members Mon, 27 October 2003 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my car hauls nothing atm.. till new engine its teh gay.. but the nice new rims make it look pretty and handle AWESOMELY
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: What cars are owned by forum members Mon, 27 October 2003 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wouldnt say my car hauls arse but it goes ok, dont think im gay tho Confused
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: What cars are owned by forum members Mon, 27 October 2003 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I REFUSE to acknowledge that my car is a corolla Twisted Evil

So i ticked the other box hahahahaha

<----------------- That is my car
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: What cars are owned by forum members Mon, 27 October 2003 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thug_immortal wrote on Mon, 27 October 2003 19:46

Yep, it looks like a corolla!
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: What cars are owned by forum members Mon, 27 October 2003 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mad i knew some1 would say that

LOL!!!!!!!!

Nice one cool1 Laughing
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: What cars are owned by forum members Mon, 27 October 2003 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats worse, a person who owns a corolla and is ok with it.. or one that owns a corolla and wont admit to it? Laughing
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: What cars are owned by forum members Mon, 27 October 2003 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Mon, 27 October 2003 21:02

whats worse, a person who owns a corolla and is ok with it.. or one that owns a corolla and wont admit to it? Laughing

a soarer driver is worse Evil or Very Mad

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Backspace
Regular

May 2003
Re: What cars are owned by forum members Mon, 27 October 2003 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got a Cressida Cool
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: What cars are owned by forum members Mon, 27 October 2003 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Mon, 27 October 2003 17:53

Actually I've always thought sprinters look sorta like old hyundai excels

*ducks for cover
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: What cars are owned by forum members Mon, 27 October 2003 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Sometimes when I see those older excels I say theres a sprinter, I wonder if someone on toymods owns it. And then when I get a bit closer I say DOH its an excel Laughing
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: What cars are owned by forum members Mon, 27 October 2003 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Mon, 27 October 2003 18:08

laughs !

nice to see shane expressing his true self again

As for sprinter/trueno - No seperate group ! they are stilla corolla model - are you so scared as to distance yourselves from the image of a corolla ?

Nods to draven about the supras once again !

the sprinter trueno is and never was a corolla sprinter trueno
always had its different heritage
same chassis but still not a corolla levin
and never was a COROLLA name

ill accept its corolla heritage/original production line
(te27/te10 sprinter-truenos-levins etcetc)
but its not a "rolla" in the modern sense i dont believe
Razz

[Updated on: Mon, 27 October 2003 12:39]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: What cars are owned by forum members Mon, 27 October 2003 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gtman wrote on Mon, 27 October 2003 22:36

Cool1 wrote on Mon, 27 October 2003 17:53

Actually I've always thought sprinters look sorta like old hyundai excels

*ducks for cover

I was just thinking that the other day!
JDM hachi
Regular

February 2003
Re: What cars are owned by forum members Mon, 27 October 2003 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok lets make a deal, ill call a sprinter a corolla as long as you can admit that a celica is a patsy, girly, hairdresser car Laughing Laughing
i'd be willing to categorise a sprinter in an RWD corolla class, celicas could also be classed as FWD/RWD, there is a huge differance that im sure we will all agree on for a change.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: What cars are owned by forum members Mon, 27 October 2003 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why not change the poll to codes
So:
TA - Celica
RA - Celica
ST - Celica
MA - Supra/Celica
AE - Corolla (hmmm AE86 = corolla Twisted Evil )
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: What cars are owned by forum members Tue, 28 October 2003 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats sad is celicas are supposed to be sports cars... PFFT. sure you can make them into one but you can make old corollas into one aswell. i say old cause post 84/85 corollas/celicas are FWD and everyone knows there is no such thing as a FWD sports car Laughing Laughing Laughing
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What cars are owned by forum members Tue, 28 October 2003 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok - reply time !

No Fornt wheel drive sportscars - Ok - whats an integra type R ? Thats truely a sportscar - even if it IS a honda ..

A celica a pasty hairdressers car ?

Say that to a Gt4 owner - and watch Him or her LAUGH at you - and give you the flick for even contemplating that from a corolla owner Wink

As for ther poll - it wont be changed - if you want another - gladly make it yerself Smile!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: What cars are owned by forum members Tue, 28 October 2003 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just make sure when u make the new poll that u have "gay boys cars" and "hairdressers cars" instead of their REAL respective names
hahah im just bein a dick.. jokes
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: What cars are owned by forum members Tue, 28 October 2003 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sure, the teg is a great car, but its still FWD and in my eyes, not a true sports car.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: What cars are owned by forum members Tue, 28 October 2003 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ic ant wait till ferrari or some other supercar makes a fwd supercar
.. then what will you say lol
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What cars are owned by forum members Tue, 28 October 2003 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would you say no to one ?

I wouldnt - id happily own one to have fun in Smile

or a pug Gti - theres another one

Cooper S mini's - theres another one - that win bathurst even Wink

theres a heap out there - though anything turbo/supercharged and FWD would be worrysoome IMHO - that wet thing they call rain would play hell with the traction

Thank god mines got a rear diff too
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: What cars are owned by forum members Tue, 28 October 2003 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yay celica's are leading the way.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: What cars are owned by forum members Tue, 28 October 2003 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sure there are great FWD cars out there, and i reckon a teg would woop my arse round any track. but i personally would rather RWD. is that better? i would also rather RWD to AWD, even though AWD handle better, more traction etc. i just find RWD more fun, not that i have ever even attempted to "drift" but hanging the arse out round corners is still fun even if its nothing more than power oversteer when leaving the corner Smile
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What cars are owned by forum members Tue, 28 October 2003 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Id agree there

RWD is more fun - I used to love flicking the old ta22 about - heaps of fun that was Smile

And theres nothing like having the odd burnout for shits ad giggles .. Smile

the Gt4 though is a WHOLE different ballgame - especially with the new suspension - its just aim it in the corner - and keep adding the power as long as the tyres grip Smile

ZZt231 had a little taste of what my gt4 was capable of on the Otways cruise we had - on crappy half bald tyres, he can vouch for the "Oh my god" factor the Gt4 can create Smile

now it has grip to make it more capable in the corners - Wink
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What cars are owned by forum members Wed, 29 October 2003 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Tue, 28 October 2003 15:21

sure, the teg is a great car, but its still FWD and in my eyes, not a true sports car.

If an Integra Type R can match the corner speed of a Porsche Boxster S which pretty much owned everything else (MOTOR Performance Car of the Year a couple of years ago) then you have to give it some credit as a sports car.
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: What cars are owned by forum members Wed, 29 October 2003 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fwd cars can hammer, i like fwd's, i miss my old fwd
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: What cars are owned by forum members Wed, 29 October 2003 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mums is really tactile(92 magna se with 2.6l 4 cyl and fwd)
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: What cars are owned by forum members Wed, 29 October 2003 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

According to the RAC, I drive a Celica. Hence, I've voted SUPRA. Hey, if I was smart, I'd be driving a drive & dispose Daewoo Razz

Justin
JZA61
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: What cars are owned by forum members Wed, 29 October 2003 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So what's mine then?
Is it a Corona cause it shares the same panels(except front guards, bumper, rear end, hmmm), engines, interior, suspension(also same as Celica, Camry);
or is it an unlisted Caldina because there is no listing anywhere on my car or documentation that says Corona.
maxdamage75
Regular

May 2002

Re: What cars are owned by forum members Mon, 03 November 2003 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
with all the crap about sprinters being corollas etc. i'm surprised nobody brought up the fact that the old celicas are basically a 2 door corona.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: What cars are owned by forum members Mon, 03 November 2003 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maxdamage75 wrote on Mon, 03 November 2003 20:14

with all the crap about sprinters being corollas etc. i'm surprised nobody brought up the fact that the old celicas are basically a 2 door corona.

How do you figure that?
maxdamage75
Regular

May 2002

Re: What cars are owned by forum members Mon, 03 November 2003 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they share the same chassis and engine etc. i know the R/SA60 series and the R/ST141's do. i assumed the 70's celicas were the same also?

[Updated on: Mon, 03 November 2003 10:22]

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: What cars are owned by forum members Mon, 03 November 2003 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maxdamage75 wrote on Mon, 03 November 2003 20:21

i assumed the 70's celicas were the same also?

I dont think so Rolling Eyes I think you'll find that if anything they copy the early celica's!
maxdamage75
Regular

May 2002

Re: What cars are owned by forum members Mon, 03 November 2003 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have a look at this article on drive:

http://drive.fairfax.com.au/cgi-bin/drive2002/wrap per.cgi?article=..%2Fdocs%2Fcontent-new%2Freviews% 2Fused%2F2000%2F06%2F08%2Freview2.html&make=&a mp;family=&desc=&IsDealer=&search_quer y=&result_query=&site_section=news&cat =findarticles&subCat=&pType=searchresults& amp;querytext=crx

quote "The Toyota Celica was, of course, a two-door version of the Corona. With a couple of exceptions, it stunk."

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: What cars are owned by forum members Mon, 03 November 2003 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Somehow I dont think they are talking about the first gen celicas! But I would agree if they were talking about the later models Confused
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: What cars are owned by forum members Mon, 03 November 2003 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey All,

The family cars as my signature states Razz
and a Holden VN V6 Commodore for towing the boat Cool

Cheers.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: What cars are owned by forum members Mon, 03 November 2003 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a Celica.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: What cars are owned by forum members Mon, 03 November 2003 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ZZT231 wrote on Mon, 03 November 2003 20:42

and a Holden VN V6 Commodore for towing the boat Cool

Must be a small boat hey?
grayone
Occasional Poster

May 2003
icon12.gif  Re: What cars are owned by forum members Mon, 03 November 2003 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Something a little different. YH71 HIACE Commuter with a 4.1 ltr Falcon motor. Now that's a big corolla Laughing
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon5.gif  Re: What cars are owned by forum members Mon, 03 November 2003 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
maxdamage75 wrote on Mon, 03 November 2003 21:21

they share the same chassis and engine etc. i know the R/SA60 series and the R/ST141's do. i assumed the 70's celicas were the same also?

Just thought I'd clear something up.

How can they have the same chassis when the chassis codes are different? Celicas are on an A chassis, Corona on a T chassis...
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Performance Auto Electrical
Next Topic:where to radiator reco
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 22:53:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0085740089416504 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.