Toymods » General Car Talk » Monaro (Pontiac GTO) running in D1 Comp

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Monaro (Pontiac GTO) running in D1 Comp Tue, 17 February 2004 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Tue, 17 February 2004 18:23

bbaacchhyy wrote on Tue, 17 February 2004 16:14

T APLUS 22 wrote on Tue, 17 February 2004 14:16

Quote:

How can you call it Australian engineering when all they did is build it from some GM instructions?

Ahh, once again. Someone posting something they obviously know nothing about.

Too right.

The only yank thing on the GTO is their version of the Front fascia - EOS.

and the headers , and the computer controlling the efi , and the exhaust. Their " GTO" puts out around the equivelent of the old clubsports ( about 265kw )

it will be interesting to see bagging up the back's - the 5.7 has gobsmacks of torque - BUT - i still think the competition will be taken out by something like a 200sx or ae86..

When I referring to the front fascia being yank, I meant the design. No other changes to the front end (except foam bit behind front fascia). There is no difference in the headers (same as local), cam is different (I think) and the computer is the same, but the tune is different. Gearbox has triple synchro's and u-beaut 1st to 4th change on light throttle, fuel tank in the boot, changes to the crash pad strutcture as well as minor other to meet FMVSS regulations.

The exhaust note is different as it has no rear muffler.

Everything else is pretty well the same
  Send a private message to this user    
Mr 20Valve
Regular

May 2002
Re: Monaro (Pontiac GTO) running in D1 Comp Wed, 18 February 2004 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
79rollaboy wrote on Mon, 16 February 2004 15:49

Drifting is a sport that originated in JAPAN... it started with japanese cars and japanese drivers..

i think thats where 'drift elitist' kids get the idea that there shouldn't be anything but Japanese cars in a drifting comp, (or even 'drifting' at all)... Rolling Eyes
think about it... what if 'drift' was popularised in another country besides Japan? how would we know that the Japanese cars are the only capable drifters out there unless new cars & drivers got introduced to the competitions... exactly what the americans are doing with the GTO. i think its fantastic that an Australian developed car is competing in the D1 comp. you're probably right that it wont win... after all, it is its first time out... the Japanese cars like Silvias, Skylines, 86s etc have had years more tuning & development behind them than the relatively brand new GTO, but have a bit of pride in your nation & be a little more accepting than something that isnt as 'normal' as what you'd like.

(surely a Chaser, Mark II, Supra, Cresta etc would weigh a similar amount to a Monaro??? what is the association with 'heavy cars cant drift'??? its utter bullshit! its a hell of a lot more about the driver than it is about the car (or brand of car) itself)

/rant *please hold, we will attend to your call as soon as possible*
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Monaro (Pontiac GTO) running in D1 Comp Wed, 18 February 2004 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke70_3SGTE wrote on Sun, 15 February 2004 11:37

Whenever you think about me.. imagine sailors and gay bars coz im so ghey.. thats right gay gay gay

hahaha
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: Monaro (Pontiac GTO) running in D1 Comp Wed, 18 February 2004 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Private Pm From 79rolla

79rollaboy wrote on tue, 17 February 2004 15:07

Do you feel the same way i feel about you? You know that i have sexual feelings over you, and if you dont replie i'll post something gay about you in a thred, love you always your little willy dilly

its cleary shown that he is the "homosexual"
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Monaro (Pontiac GTO) running in D1 Comp Wed, 18 February 2004 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke70,

you have a lot to learn about these forums i think. Rolling Eyes
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Monaro (Pontiac GTO) running in D1 Comp Wed, 18 February 2004 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing hahahaahha Laughing Laughing

this is funny...
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: Monaro (Pontiac GTO) running in D1 Comp Wed, 18 February 2004 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alwaysRA23 wrote on Wed, 18 February 2004 19:44

ke70,

you have a lot to learn about these forums i think. Rolling Eyes

Hey im just retaliating, this is 79rolla boys thred blame him
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Monaro (Pontiac GTO) running in D1 Comp Wed, 18 February 2004 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wanna here a funny story??

to bad if you dont because you'll read it anyway...

My highschool motor mechanics teachers dad...

He decided one day that he was Mary Poppins..

he got his son (my motormech teacher) to wait at the bottom of a 3 story building.. while...

up above... his dad (equiped with an umbrella) waited to jump..

his dad finally jumped and the umbrella flipped inside out and he plummited and broke both legs...

True story..

Me and my school mates just pointed and laughed at him.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Monaro (Pontiac GTO) running in D1 Comp Wed, 18 February 2004 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmmm, are you changing the subject? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Monaro (Pontiac GTO) running in D1 Comp Thu, 19 February 2004 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbbaacchhy - Np there - Had heard from a yankee buddy they had to modify those bits to comply with californian emiisions laws ..

But - if not - fair nuffs

* silly americans *
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Monaro (Pontiac GTO) running in D1 Comp Thu, 19 February 2004 02:00 Go to previous message
Classique71 wrote on Thu, 19 February 2004 12:45

* silly americans *

Got that right Laughing

Especially when it comes to some of their mods required.

E.g. The warning lable on the space saver spare couldn't have the arabic writing on it (so that it would be the same part as used in the Middle East. same for the battery - only english writing - NO ARABIC !!! Confused
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:High Performance Driving Course.
Next Topic:Coolheaded old man
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:24:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050239562988281 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.