Toymods » General Car Talk » ST162 dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RP_st162
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 25 May 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats exactly what i did, just hacked out the enclosure to fit 4 inches cos the stock fronts are 3 and 3/4. But the rears are like too big for 4 inches. but *look* small for a 5 inch.... Oh well i will hafta try it out for my self i guess Very Happy cheers anyways,

smashed wombat, hows the gen 3 treating ya? cant wait till i hear some stories/encounters with other cars, and hopefully you will be takin her down that drag strip so we can see how quick she is on paper Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 25 May 2005 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I managed to fit 4" sony 2 ways in without any modification at all, they just screwed right into the factory pattern Very Happy

My ST162 should be running again tomorrow - it looks pretty beaten up cause I haven't finished the body repairs but I'll respray the damaged panels soon enough (once i have them beaten back into shape).

I'd love to list everything I've done to this car, I might go over it tomorrow and start writing it down - and then I'll realise it should've only taken a month to do, not a year - damn me being lazy!!!
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 25 May 2005 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RWDboy wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 00:23

then I'll realise it should've only taken a month to do, not a year - damn me being lazy!!!

haha i hear ya
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 26 May 2005 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smashed_wombat wrote on Mon, 23 May 2005 17:05

About the exhaust systems, check out this thread that Matt started a while ago - there's heaps of good info on exhaust systems there. Came in handy before I chose my setup. Thanks mate.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=59144&rid=5197&S=8e1a4e6ee5593e9d5b5eefb f78fd7246&pl_view=&start=0#msg_543573

no worries buddy, i have been following your gen3 swap am i am very impressed with all you have done Smile

i am looking at maybe doing my own engine swap some day and i will need to ask you questions, what is the best way to contact you? email msn ect? pm me details buddy
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 26 May 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys whats up?
just need to get a few things off my chest.....

1)Someone buy my extractors already!!!!!

2)Why isnt everyone here with a gen 1 3sge buying RWDboys Megasquirt, you need it.You know you do!!!THere should be heaps of interest in this little beauty of his.

and 3) i have no 3.....

catcha round
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 26 May 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1) i would have bought them, but they came up 3 weeks after i already picked up a jdm gen 2 set.

2) i was in on the group buy and concur that its very disapointing nobody wanted in

3) what was #3 again?
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 26 May 2005 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Indeed matt, indeed.IM getting forgetful in my old age..

hahaha so who else still wants in on this MS group buy?Can you please list all your names etc i reckon we could get it back up and running with a little more prodding(and/or rocking up on doorsteps with baseball bats.....)

I was just checking out the powerchip site, $890 bux + install for the freakin unit.I cant believe adrian spent that.Wish i had the money for shit like that

Anyways, catcha

buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 26 May 2005 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm still keen for the ECU group buy. As for the extractors, my exhaust gasket blew and it would have been a great chance to pick them up, but they came up a few weeks too late.
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 26 May 2005 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ey fellas,

Any one know where i can find some white 16" wheels at a reasonable price?

Also what are you suggestions for some handling mods?

Ive got a bit of cash and i need to do some modding to the car.
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 26 May 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why does everyone wanna be like matt.....

swaybars front and definately rear are a must, then i have some lovell springs and kyb gas shocks.... handles really well

becarefull on the offset of ur rims tho, you might get some scrubbing problems
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 26 May 2005 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive wanted these rims since i first got my car Razz only now can i afford them.

i have a fair bit to put into it now Very Happy
GBC_069
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 27 May 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys, anyone know how difficult a gen2 3s-ge outta a sw20 mr2 would be ?? the one thats for sale on the forums atm , thinking of puchasing , wat problems could it hold for me, also a price estimate on installation of this engine ??

doing my research and tryin to get some ideas !!!! could someone please help !!!! thanks guys.

/nick.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 27 May 2005 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The answer the question 2) is elusive ey Razz I wish I knew!
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 27 May 2005 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt - Catch me on msn, my addy is icant_hearyou@hotmail. Your car looks hot as btw!

Stu - I have number III! Evil or Very Mad Are you coming to the celicatech melb. cruise?

GBC - Are you talking about that dismantled engine that came out of the Camry? I'd be wary of that one unless you could find someone to put it back together for you. Keep in mind that a fresher (and complete) Gen II with loom and computer wouldn't be much more expensive.
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 27 May 2005 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey wombs I think I saw your car at uni, not sure because it looked kinda browny silver *shrugs* but same wheels. I'ld like to see the improvements that the new engine yields sometime Smile
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 27 May 2005 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi everyone, I've decided to purchase some Pirelli's for my car. get this...215/35ZR17 for $200 delivered to my door.
hahaha....wooot....they're Pirelli PZero Nero's. *yey*
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 27 May 2005 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
200 each or for all 4?

if so where do you live and what time are they gettin there, i will intercept them with black civics with green neons before they get to ur house
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 27 May 2005 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its $200 each....if only for 4!!!!!

I'll be waiting, with green 2 stroke trail bikes and machine guns!!

either that or i'll play the truckie with shotgun in hand!
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 27 May 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jonchai wrote on Sat, 28 May 2005 01:51

hi everyone, I've decided to purchase some Pirelli's for my car. get this...215/35ZR17 for $200 delivered to my door.
hahaha....wooot....they're Pirelli PZero Nero's. *yey*

Won't 215/35 on 17" wheels be hitting the struts?
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 28 May 2005 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no, coz currently i have 215/40'son them! so thinner ones should be fine shouldnt it!
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 28 May 2005 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andy, whens the cruise mate and wher's it at?
I wish i had a fully sick black civic with green neons that could drive under trucks at high speeds.I especially wish i had the fully mad flutter that they have when they throttle off and on.I especially wish i had vin diesel's arms-that guy is huge....

PS-im not gay
Smile
CLEEKA
Regular

April 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 28 May 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

StuC: Im not gay

not gay, just like boys Razz

hmm cruise huh smashedwomby, Wink Wink Wink
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 28 May 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no, not boys, little boys

thats why i bought a hairdressers car- i can lull them into a false sense of security so they'll jump in and come for a ride...hahahahaha

kinda creepy so i'll stop with the kiddy fiddling talk now

So, i like stuff
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 28 May 2005 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe we should ban stu from talking for a little bit...
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 28 May 2005 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think someone has had on to many vodka cruisers looks at stuc lol hha Razz
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 28 May 2005 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah guys i was just getting bolred.i apologize- but yeah ive had a couple now and just had a major fight with my gf -my dads just offered to take me out and go and drown my sorrows

but meh, what ya do

anyways, hows your cars all going?
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 29 May 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah car is going good - nearly nearly there dammit! Just waiting on some parts from Melbourne (and also some bits from Japan - but the car won't need those to move anyway).

Spent all morning cleaning the engine bay, pity it doesn't look any better for it Very Happy At least I can put everything back in now.
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 29 May 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you sure stephen?Are you sure you want to have an interior after so long with just a running shell?hahaha

Post some pics when its back together coz i dont think i have ever seen your 162 as a full car,only as shell or minus engine or minus everything!

Catcha
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 29 May 2005 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After installin the extractors a few weeks ago, my cars been going fine...

But RECENTLY (this morning to be precise) i found that my car had a ticking noise quite loud.. It wasn't THAT loud at first, but loud enough to be worried about it, I first suspected that i had spun a bearing.. its just on 300,000kms... Driving to work this morning i found out something quite unusual with the exhaust note.. Found out it was the extractor manifold gasket, the next day the ticking sound got considerably louder.. Got to work and had a look at the extractors, PIPE 2 has cracked completely in a circle and has create a 2mm gap the whole circumferance of the pipe (pics will be up soon) so basically the car has a leaking pipe VERY close to the engine, you could imagine how loud the engine is now...

Going to get it fixed tommorrow!
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 29 May 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha - it looks well f***ed out at the moment cause I still need to finish beating panels and re-spraying them - and I haven't got my hands on a sliding hammer yet to do it. Grrr! But I'll take photos of all the good angles and like, blur out the dodgy stuff or something just for you Very Happy

I just can't wait to have this damn thing running again. I need a car.

Having said that, I'm picking up a ZZR-250 in a few days I hope so when I grab my license that will satisfy my A to B driving needs Very Happy
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anybody have a gen1 3sge service manual? in PDF or digital format even better. Will pay someone, all i need is some info on putting the timing belt on as it seems there is more to it then just lining up the cams and crank to TDC on the compression stroke.

Let me tell ya taking the head of a 3sge is a royal pain in the ass. Laughing
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah - you have to be careful because usually once you put the tension on the belt, and rotate the crank 720 degrees you'll find that the cam timng is out! Just take the tension off and try to remember which way the timing was out, and put the belt on a tooth or two advanced (usually on the exhaust side I think?) and try again, if it doesn't line up, try a different combo until it lines up once you've tensioned the belt and rotated the crank 720 degrees.

And taking the head off isn't that big a pain once you've done it a few times - hehehe Very Happy
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indeed once u know wat ur doin and a few short cuts engines etc become very simple... id just buy a manual d00d there like 40 bucks alot of useful info in there
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys, just brought myself a new front mount for my st162.

my factory mr2 one started leaking again (split down the side tank, been welded up once, now leaking again Sad )

so i brought a 520x180x80 tube and fin polished cooler. 720mm tank to tank Very Happy

"Should" fit in nice behind the bumper!hopefully it arrives soon and i have it on by the end of the week.

i'll get some pics up.
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But i only need the manual for the one job, the car is my friends, no point wasting $40 if i'll only need one or two sections of info out of it. :(-

yeah the head was a bitch the first time, but really you got to admit the way they put that gen1 intake manifold on there makes it very difficult to remove, in the end i removed all the wiring/fuel injectors that were layed along the intake manifold to make way to remove the head with the tvis pipe etc attached to it.

It is an awkward design just admit it ok! I have had an easier time re-assembling a 5 cylinder mercedes diesel than taking this head off. lol, subaru boxer engines also very easy compared to gen1 3sge in the 162 celica.

Thanx for the timing belt info!

Just spent $600 ish bucks on new parts. The coolant was going out the exuast, but the headgasket i removed didn't look too bad as in it might not of been the culprit. fingers crossed it was and it's not a cracked head/block :(-

[Updated on: Mon, 30 May 2005 23:29]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dingaling

I can probably photograph/scan whatever parts you need let me know

rob@edmedia.info
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm'ed yah rob, can't send e-mail thru work :(-

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 31 May 2005 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I usually just take the head off with the intake manifold attached - saves a bit of fiddling around at the back trying to get the intake manifold off - although it can be done either way.
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 31 May 2005 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ey fellas,

Got some 18's installed today. Look awsome. Theres no scrubbing what so ever. will post pics asap

cheers
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 31 May 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EIGHTEENS!

you will look like a 4wd bro! Smile

show us the piccies! Very Happy
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 31 May 2005 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fark me 18's?Thats huge.How wide are they? And are you serious that they dont scrub?What about on really hard corners?

And what happened to 16's?Thats big enough if you ask me....Anyways get up some piccies

J.T.Kirk...out
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 31 May 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got em dam cheap. I dam sick atm and i cant drive but my mate said it seems fine. ill do some tess and report back.

pics will be up soon
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 31 May 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PICSORBAN!

(Razz i always wanted to write that)lol
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 31 May 2005 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think 18's are quite possible, with the right width and offset they wouldn't rub. pics doobs

caught a guy hanging round my car at Westfield Burwood suspiciously yesterday, Mad "bastard" i screamed at the *&^% and the bastard ran like hell, anyone that knows me would know that he got away without much of a chase. Embarassed

I wish i could run, let alone run fast Razz

Karl
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 31 May 2005 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jeez ! thats scary mate Shocked id be so pissed of if i caught some dero actin sus near such an awesome car Very Happy
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 31 May 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
warrior wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 20:27

i think 18's are quite possible, with the right width and offset they wouldn't rub. pics doobs

caught a guy hanging round my car at Westfield Burwood suspiciously yesterday, Mad "bastard" i screamed at the *&^% and the bastard ran like hell, anyone that knows me would know that he got away without much of a chase. Embarassed

I wish i could run, let alone run fast Razz

Karl

man... who needs to run, jump in ur car and runt the fool down...

but then i spose you dont wanna damage ur lovely gt4 front bar Very Happy
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 31 May 2005 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm i know the feeling,

3 cars have been broken into in front of my work, 1 was stolen, Iwork at a bottle shop, I just park the car where I can see it from the counter, and beefed up the siren for the alarm.

Pics will come asap, when get the sides spreyd aswell (tommorow)

Cheers
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 31 May 2005 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wish i had snuck up on him now! but it was just a reflex to shout. its quite hard to run carrying a brief case Razz

i was more concerned he didn't do any damage. luckily nothing was scratched or damaged.

you should have seen the kids face when he saw me, it was like "ARGGGHHH the owner is a dinosaur...RUUUNNN".. Laughing

Karl

[Updated on: Tue, 31 May 2005 14:14]

doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 31 May 2005 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not that many people look at my car, but I rekon youd be able to tell someone who is looking at ya car cause its nice, and some whos looking at it to take that nice stuff inside.

Today I am getting my new cat and hopefully getting the side and rear black bits painted white.

I wont be getting any photos of it till I get that done. Damn this human virus (not computer Razz) I have, I missed out on a ride in smashed wombats car:( was really looking forward too it.

On another note what do you guys rekon I could do to my braking system for ~$350? and my suspension for about $900.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 31 May 2005 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
warrior wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 00:03

I wish i had snuck up on him now! but it was just a reflex to shout. its quite hard to run carrying a brief case Razz

i was more concerned he didn't do any damage. luckily nothing was scratched or damaged.

you should have seen the kids face when he saw me, it was like "ARGGGHHH the owner is a dinosaur...RUUUNNN".. Laughing

Karl

rofl hehehee cracked me up

I got a bad rattle/squeak in the rear over bumps and hard cornering (or even not so hard sometimes)

can't for the LIFE of me figure out what it is.. was thinking about paying a visit to whiteline and just getting kitted out at the rear (sway bar/bushes)

doobs.. for that money, you can get GT-Four calipers for the front (and have 200 to spare) and you can get king lows and with money left from your brakes get KYBs or somethig Very Happy
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or maybe you should get rid of your st162 and get a REAL car!! Mwahahahaha Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

This is the most ridiculously long thread i have ever seen. Most impressive. Very Happy
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Caledwvech wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 10:32

Or maybe you should get rid of your st162 and get a REAL car!! Mwahahahaha Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

This is the most ridiculously long thread i have ever seen. Most impressive. Very Happy

ok that's it, you are in forbidden territory punk! you and your Black Turbo M1 Abrams field tank Very Happy
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Uh ah. That's right. And we all know that the m1 abrams is the coolest tank out there.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Screw urethane bushes (except maybe for the sway bar) - you know you want rose-joints everywhere Razz
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you and your gt-four elitism Very Happy hehehee got any spare rose joints? Very Happy
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dunno about spare rose-joints, but I got a spare GT4 Wink As with most of my cars tho it's not in one piece... hehehe

I wish I had rose-jointed suspension *sigh*
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I refuse to take my car out in public any more..

so I am out buying a burger, I hear a crunch.. I turn around and voila!

freaking ghey

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC06978.jpg

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC06979.jpg
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah that sucks Mad

However, if you had a mighty Supra, you realise that their car would have been totalled, but you would have just had a little scratch that needed some cut and polish. Very Happy
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Caledwvech wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 14:19

Yeah that sucks Mad

However, if you had a mighty Supra, you realise that their car would have been totalled, but you would have just had a little scratch that needed some cut and polish. Very Happy

that's only if he had hit the front or back of the supra...I mean.. M1 Abrams..

anyway, this is the ST162 dedicated thread??? lol Razz Your lucky I even know what a Supra is
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Damn Rob, what is it about your car that just seems to compel people to drive into it all the time?? First the Prado incident at the servo and now this!

Are they going to take responsibility for it? Covered by their insurance? Keep your chin up man, hope it gets sorted quickly.

Matt
Pages (63): [ «  <  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: '76 Corona MKII
Next Topic:Old photos
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 19:33:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.019093990325928 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.