Toymods » The Outhouse » SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Mon, 14 June 2004 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

they pulled that one by changing both the corona AND celica's to FWD at the same time and used the same chassis/floorpan design for both - hence the sharing of the chassis code "T".

Well that explains that then - I didn't know they released a FWD corona in Aus...
(/hijack)
  Send a private message to this user    
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Mon, 14 June 2004 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wha . . . back to basics . . . celica's are good, corona's are not so good, supra's are fast and corolla's are over rated!
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Mon, 14 June 2004 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NILE8U wrote on Mon, 14 June 2004 22:05

wha . . . back to basics . . . celica's are good, corona's are not so good, supra's are fast and corolla's are over rated!

SPRINTERS ARE OVER RATED! Razz
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Mon, 14 June 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd have to agree, on a scale of '1' to 'Over-rated' the Supra gets a '1' and the Sprinter collects an 'Over-rated'.

Having said that I wouldn't want to piss off any sprinter owners, the car is still v. nice and would be bloody good fun to drive.
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Mon, 14 June 2004 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
corolla . . . sprinter . . . same shit, different stink
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Mon, 14 June 2004 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mick wrote on Mon, 14 June 2004 22:14

SPRINTERS ARE OVER RATED! Razz

Yes. Levins anre Truenos are good, but they are more expensive than they are realy worth at the moment. Damned Inital D.
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Mon, 14 June 2004 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what pushes the prices up on these buzz boxes is called "the flavour of the month" people know these cars are in strong demand, so they can push their prices up. buyers will do anything to get at these cars so their budget rises, it's a stupid cycle . . . that's why supra's are worth shit loads more than skylines but the power out put between these cars isn't worth the inflation between them
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Mon, 14 June 2004 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't mind sprinters i just don't like the way everyone goes on about them. please don't make me hate them thats why i hate commodores is because there over rated. please I beg of yous Razz
DON"T MAKE ME START HATING SPRINTERS!
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Mon, 14 June 2004 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aah shit, now you got me started . . . commodores!!! i hate them! especially those P plater-mobiles A.K.A VL commodore. . . almost all holden driveing P platers have them, and they think they're "fully sick" cause it's lowered, with VT ss rims and a leaky exhaust . . . mean while you can hear the tappets going crazy from 100 meters away . . . now you got me started! let's all wear out hats backwards cause we own a VL commodore . . . and the funniest thing is . . . it's a nissan motor! stick that up your exhaust pipe!
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Mon, 14 June 2004 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes i think supras are overated by the people who own supras.

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Mon, 14 June 2004 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NILE8U wrote on Tue, 15 June 2004 00:57

. . . and the funniest thing is . . . it's a nissan motor! stick that up your exhaust pipe!

AAAHHhhaaahahahaha ha ha ha! Oooh... yeah I agree.

If I was to get a commodore, it would be a VL though. Probably put and RB26DETT under it, or perhaps a RB25 head on the RB30 block and add a FMIC as the cheapo option. Yeah, I would get it BECAUSE it has a Nissan engine. Very Happy
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Mon, 14 June 2004 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh all well and good get a vl then turn a corner Rolling Eyes , ive heard of stories of vl's getting so much body flex under hard cornering loads that windscreens can crack!

back to topic - SUPRAS ARE NOT OVER RATED. but there are a LOT of gay ones
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Tue, 15 June 2004 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still better than a VN V8. Pushrods don't belong in 80s-90s cars.
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Tue, 15 June 2004 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where the hell did a vn v8 come from?? holden still use poofrods in there commodores now who cares....
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Tue, 15 June 2004 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats what I'm saying. If I had to get a commodore (you know, if there was a guy with a gun... and he was pointing it at me and forcing me to get a commodore). It would be a VL I6 Turbo... not a VN V6 or V8. THOSE things are over rated.
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Tue, 15 June 2004 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would have to be a farken big gun, but agreed! Very Happy
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Tue, 15 June 2004 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
title of thread = WHAT A LOAD OF SHIT Mad Razz
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Tue, 15 June 2004 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that's not very nice . . . i'm talking about 92 onwards supras, i like the older ones, i think they're under rated, and since the "touch and go" topic of the commodores is still goin on, as much as it hurts to say this but . . . i think the VL turbo's are under rated to, those things really can pack a punch and on that note i say this: XR6TURBO's are absolutely awesome!
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Tue, 15 June 2004 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.toymods.org.au/gallery/albums/Gallery/Events/20040409%20-%20Toyota%20Nationals/Paul%20-%20Sunday%20-%20IMG_2526.jpg

That is all.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Tue, 15 June 2004 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think i just spontaneously ejaculated!
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Tue, 15 June 2004 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey that's a nice Camaro!
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Wed, 16 June 2004 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now that's just awesome . . . i like the old supra's . . . i don't know why, maybe because they look a bit tough and mean at the same time . . . my goal is to get the RA65 . . . and one day trade it in on a old supra (probably this year) . . . i hate the look of the old 300ZX's
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Wed, 16 June 2004 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pity about the standard engine in the old supra...especially the non twin cam version, and the standard suspension (although allegedly lotus tuned) is piss poor in the aus delivered version!! (having worked on one and driven one). At least they aren't too unsettled when oversteering mildly, but they tend to understeer at the front a bit even when you've got the rear end hanging out.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Wed, 16 June 2004 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MA61's have pretty good handling actually, especially when compared to other cars of their day; just think of some of the shitboxes sold in the early 80's! Of course most of them have rooted suspension these days after 20 years of wear and tear so if you've experienced poor handling in an MA61 that's no real surprise. Give the suspension a freshen-up and you'll be amazed at the results - just ask Ed!

It's a bit unfair to expect the poor old MA61 to stack up against modren offerings like the JZA80 though... as good as it is there's no hiding the fact it was designed well over 20 years ago!

As for the power thing, I agree they're horribly underpowered but we all know how easy it is to solve that problem. 7M-GTE, 1JZ-GTE, 2JZ-GTE, 1UZ-FE, hell even the humble 6M-GE will make it get up and boogie. With an engine bay that big you have plenty of options!
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Wed, 16 June 2004 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Wed, 16 June 2004 13:42

MA61's have pretty good handling actually, especially when compared to other cars of their day; just think of some of the shitboxes sold in the early 80's! Of course most of them have rooted suspension these days after 20 years of wear and tear so if you've experienced poor handling in an MA61 that's no real surprise. Give the suspension a freshen-up and you'll be amazed at the results - just ask Ed!

It's a bit unfair to expect the poor old MA61 to stack up against modren offerings like the JZA80 though... as good as it is there's no hiding the fact it was designed well over 20 years ago!

As for the power thing, I agree they're horribly underpowered but we all know how easy it is to solve that problem. 7M-GTE, 1JZ-GTE, 2JZ-GTE, 1UZ-FE, hell even the humble 6M-GE will make it get up and boogie. With an engine bay that big you have plenty of options!

damn straight...they are huge bays!
Mine is the same width and only 70mm shorter than my dads v12 jag bay!

My old v8 looks tiny in the supra bay!!
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Wed, 16 June 2004 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so the celica had an offspring in the form of a supra, big deal, its a lot better than a corolla. Rolling Eyes j/k very rarely do you hear of this with supra's i spose the flavour of the month is to flame what you can't afford Razz

never been a fan of the newer ones, but up until the MA70/JZA70's they were to die for and still are Very Happy
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Thu, 17 June 2004 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how hard and how much is it to fit a 302windsor into a supra!? that's awesome considering i'm a naturally born ford guy and i like the old supra/celicas.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Thu, 17 June 2004 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NILE8U wrote on Thu, 17 June 2004 12:37

how hard and how much is it to fit a 302windsor into a supra!? that's awesome considering i'm a naturally born ford guy and i like the old supra/celicas.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Thu, 17 June 2004 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WHEN I GROW UP, I'M GONNA BUY A LANCER WITH 400,000KM'S ON IT AND PUT SIDE SKIRTS AND A LOUD MUFFLER ON IT, WHAT DO YA RECKON? SHRAKA?
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Thu, 17 June 2004 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDboy wrote on Wed, 16 June 2004 13:24

Pity about the standard engine in the old supra...especially the non twin cam version, and the standard suspension (although allegedly lotus tuned) is piss poor in the aus delivered version!! (having worked on one and driven one). At least they aren't too unsettled when oversteering mildly, but they tend to understeer at the front a bit even when you've got the rear end hanging out.

Well take the above MA61 + all new suspension components + 2JZGE = currently a very cool car to drive.

(must go faster)
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Thu, 17 June 2004 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm pissed off at the moment . . . i just raced a toyota on the way back from work and lost by a bonnet length . . . stupid ST162 . . . and what shit's me even more is that i have a 5 speed, 2TG TA22 in the garage . . . but no . . . the 1990 magna has to have rego instead. i'm gonna have ST162 nightmares this week . . .
rsdeo
Regular

January 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Thu, 17 June 2004 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NILE8U, you have a Dakota in your avatar. That says it all. This is real truck.

http://www.ilkt.com/celicasupra/4x4snowside.jpg

Can you say Supra....

http://www.ilkt.com/celicasupra/85rs.jpg
http://www.ilkt.com/celicasupra/85v2.jpg

Bigger custom built mandrel bent Brullen stainless exhaust coming this week. Other parts piling up waiting for install next winter, when car is stored away from the snow and salt.

[Updated on: Thu, 17 June 2004 15:43]

NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Thu, 17 June 2004 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that's a pretty damn sweet supra . . . but i think MY Dakota is better . . . mine comes with an in built deer or something in the windscreen. . . lol, well at least i think it's funny.
rsdeo
Regular

January 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Thu, 17 June 2004 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NILE8U wrote on Fri, 18 June 2004 00:32

that's a pretty damn sweet supra . . . but i think MY Dakota is better . . . mine comes with an in built deer or something in the windscreen. . . lol, well at least i think it's funny.

I just hope the passengers were okay.
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Fri, 18 June 2004 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i don't think the passengers were intensive care material anyway . . . any one interested in old celica's like . . . a TA22?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Fri, 18 June 2004 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Thu, 17 June 2004 15:22

Well take the above MA61 + all new suspension components + 2JZGE = currently a very cool car to drive.

(must go faster)

Must wholeheartedly agree with that. With new suspension and bushes and a decent engine the Mk2 Supra chassis comes alive.

To quote "hurry up Danny (in his GT4), you're holding us up"; or perhaps the very disgruntled WRX owner who was really shitty about the fact that this Supra with three people being him wouldn't get off his tail although he was hammering it.
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Fri, 18 June 2004 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Tue, 15 June 2004 12:49

Thats what I'm saying. If I had to get a commodore (you know, if there was a guy with a gun... and he was pointing it at me and forcing me to get a commodore). It would be a VL I6 Turbo... not a VN V6 or V8. THOSE things are over rated.

VVN V8 overrated? Yeah sure - in std form, throttled back at the factory specs. Add some HSV bits, change the cams, exhaust and the ECU settings and suddenly the VN V8 is doing 12 sec quater mile times and sounds as sweet as can be. There is something special about those fuel injected 308 engines.

VN bodyshape does nothing for anyone though.

And how much does this thread title and general thread suck?? Anyone whose ever owned or driven a decent Supra (esp post '92 twin turbos) wouldn't be questioning their "over-rated ness"
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Fri, 18 June 2004 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lumpy wrote on Fri, 18 June 2004 17:27

Shraka wrote on Tue, 15 June 2004 12:49

VVN V8 overrated? Yeah sure - in std form, throttled back at the factory specs. Add some HSV bits, change the cams, exhaust and the ECU settings and suddenly the VN V8 is doing 12 sec quater mile times and sounds as sweet as can be. There is something special about those fuel injected 308 engines.

VN bodyshape does nothing for anyone though.

And how much does this thread title and general thread suck?? Anyone whose ever owned or driven a decent Supra (esp post '92 twin turbos) wouldn't be questioning their "over-rated ness"

I think both the V6 and V8 Commodores are overrated I think there not all that good of a handler as what people make out to be(my opinion) but hey big car the reason I hate them is the way people carry on about them (how good they are) though the V8 does go I know from experience but would never own a Commodore unless I knew it was well looked after oh and it wouldn't have stupid mods that alot of bogans do to them but generally Commodores are overrated!
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Fri, 18 June 2004 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh... so its tuff trucks in snow you want???

its a Toyota... cant remember which tho

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RgCpAtIUmNyfkSayCL0obUBkXSzBLWs*o4xHCBCgsDCBhU619QG6r0va2hcTCZ4FwR75PrNFhuKh5L1xvpYh5oxODGYSDHHRSujcqmQFnzk/randoms%20003.jpg?dc=4675458172766790566

Can anyone say 3UZ-FE!?!?!?

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RgAFA9AUKNyfkSayCL0obY5pp7rkhDt00kfFcYXOM7srZNQlxtMJtANZuSFwqBAaE*8tTvcBe78hdebtd4CMBxul6ELxVINGOKeNGDkeTks/randoms%20001.jpg?dc=4675459027348718649
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Fri, 18 June 2004 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TOYOTA'S NEVER DIE! Very Happy
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Fri, 18 June 2004 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lumpy,
I have never driven a VN V8. I however have driven a VX V6. And it's just boring to drive. More power wouldn't make it any more interesting. So you pull 12 second QTs. It's still a pushrod 8 in front of an automatic gearbox with sloppy suspension. And even though you CAN get manuals, I hear they are the shittiest gearbox in the world.

I would prefer a manual MA70 that does 14 sec 1/4 miles to an auto (or even manual) VN V8 that pulls 11 second quarters.
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sat, 19 June 2004 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i don't like holdens but i like the VP HSV's hotted up. LJ XU1 GTR's, HK's HQ's and VK's
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sat, 19 June 2004 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like the FX-WB Holdens (1948-1984) the XU-1 Toranas the SLR/5000's the HK-HG Monaros and the VL Commodore the rest just suck
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sat, 19 June 2004 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, i forgot about the SLR5000's . . . there's a guy with a four door HK holden with a 8/71 supercharged 572ci doing 6 seconds over the quarter . . . FOUR DOOR!!!
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sat, 19 June 2004 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FARK YEAH! now those were REAL Holdens unlike the overrated Commonwhore it's sad to see a car like the VL owned by so many wankers! The VL's the only Commodore I like but after seeing tools driving them dunno if I'll ever own one
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sat, 19 June 2004 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the, the VL commodore has potential, but so many dickhead own them, how many people here have seen dickheads in VL's hoon around a corner, have their drivers seat on top of the back seat while trying to see over the steering wheel, hat backwards thinkin they're cool ( maybe in the early 80's) or seen a stock engined fully kitted up VL with exhaust? we wanna hear all those stories of survival (nearly ending up in road rage)!
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sat, 19 June 2004 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NILE8U wrote on Sun, 20 June 2004 01:50

the, the VL commodore has potential, but so many dickhead own them, how many people here have seen dickheads in VL's hoon around a corner, have their drivers seat on top of the back seat while trying to see over the steering wheel, hat backwards thinkin they're cool ( maybe in the early 80's) or seen a stock engined fully kitted up VL with exhaust? we wanna hear all those stories of survival (nearly ending up in road rage)!

so very true
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sat, 19 June 2004 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have some tool at work I know who wants me too race his mate VL with my Camry its supposed to have cold air induction in it but I think the 3 inch exhaust is abit to big for it it sounds like a loud piece of shit
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sat, 19 June 2004 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A Camry is no match for a VL in a race. Perhaps a Camry with a 3S-GE. Very Happy
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sat, 19 June 2004 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think it's funny when idiots see exhausts as "bigger is better" then they go for the biggest and lose back pressure and screw the car's performance. i feel the main offenders are VL's and early 80's box corolla's ( nothing against properly worked corolla's but, it's just that the amout of P platers really abuse the name of so many great car's . . . like even the WRX . . . for some reason . . . i've seen more "WRX's and standard Impreza's. it's that bad that it sounds funny to say "impreza" it just doesn't sound right no more . . . it's always "WRX" or "Rexy". but i do feel that these are great car's but so many wankers in daddy's pockets deminish their great reputation. they're a god damn rally car, not a friggin drag car!
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sat, 19 June 2004 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you lose back pressure, can't you just re-tune the car to deal with it?
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sat, 19 June 2004 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
5-spd 3S-FE Camry should beat a VL N/A 6 mines quicker then me mates VL but if it was a turbo one I'd have no chance if this bloke has the mods he should flog me but I think his cars suffering from loss of backpressure from having to big of an exhaust Rolling Eyes sounds like the typical VL dickhead mod to me Very Happy
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sat, 19 June 2004 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Sun, 20 June 2004 02:10

If you lose back pressure, can't you just re-tune the car to deal with it?

I'm quiet sure you can't mate
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sat, 19 June 2004 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol, yeah . . . i think one reason for the popularity of the VL amongst the young "street racer" hpefulls is because of the number of standard body kits available for them.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sat, 19 June 2004 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its about it. if you want an exhaust for a N/A 6 cyl VL why not go 2inch or 2.25 inch at the most? I really don't see the need for a bigger exhaust on then that they don't realise in the long run it will make the car loose power! oh well they'll learn
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sat, 19 June 2004 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The way I hear it, your exhaust doesn't matter as far as back pressure is concerned. The extractors are what provide most of your back pressure. And a lot of people just get cat back, or "for show" exhausts. Bah.
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 20 June 2004 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i prefer twin straight through exhausts on 302's and 351's if ya ask me . . .
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Mon, 21 June 2004 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Sat, 19 June 2004 01:09

Lumpy,
I have never driven a VN V8. I however have driven a VX V6. And it's just boring to drive. More power wouldn't make it any more interesting. So you pull 12 second QTs. It's still a pushrod 8 in front of an automatic gearbox with sloppy suspension. And even though you CAN get manuals, I hear they are the shittiest gearbox in the world.

I would prefer a manual MA70 that does 14 sec 1/4 miles to an auto (or even manual) VN V8 that pulls 11 second quarters.

More power makes everything more interesting!! Very Happy . Once you have more power than a CB Lancer you will understand this better.

I'm not saying they're the greatest cars in the world, after all you're comparing a family sedan with a GT car that probably cost 3 times as much as the commodore when new. Of course they are boring and predictable and safe - it's just a bog stock family car.

And as a proud former owner of a manual ma70 appArently capable of 14 sec 1/4 miles, I too enjoyed it more than my mates 12 sec commodore. But I wouldn't say the V8 is over-rated. And parts are much cheaper and easier to find than Supra ones.

It seems that, predictably enough for a toyota forum, everyone is really good at finding faults other makes of cars but seeing none in toyota Laughing

[Updated on: Mon, 21 June 2004 01:15]

NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Mon, 21 June 2004 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trust me, i'm not bias, i'm a Ford guy and i can admit that they do have alot of shit boxes such as the; AU falcon, EA falcon, the 89-94 ford capri, the KA. but they do have the best cars to turn into hot rods . . . if you have a hotrod, chances are it's a Ford. they do have a great motoring history and some of the most famous cars in the world like the GT falcons (australia), the shelby 500 mustang, the GT40 and the little cobra's. but holden does have their cars known world wide . . . just none made in australia and under a different name in america. toyota's only well known world wide car is the supra basicly, toyota does have some faults, so does any other car company (especially Daewoo, Kia and Hyundai). i don't believe anyone here is being bias cause we all own toyota's, it's the fact that larger company's faults show alot brighter as they are more exposed, last week Ford called back 250,000 AU falcons, but i still have the dream of owning a fully worked 351 falcon or mustang.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Mon, 21 June 2004 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
lumpy, I have actually driven a whole lot of far more powerful cars than my CB. Although your right, I don't drive them day to day, so I'm not really experienced with 'em.

As for the Ford Mustangs, yes, they where fantastic until Ford bought out Shelby. The Shelby GT550 was awesome. The Ford Mustang isn't so much awesome.
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:My Avatar
Next Topic:good laser FAX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:42:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01012110710144 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.