Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » South Australia » Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Nissan300zx
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 17 August 2004 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YEH MATE FIRST ON RIGHT...
  Send a private message to this user    
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 17 August 2004 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey pete, there is this little button on the left side of the keyboard...its called CAPS LOCK..maybe you should turn it off Laughing
Nissan300zx
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 17 August 2004 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NO WORRIES MATE I WILL REMEMBER NEXT TIME. Shocked
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 17 August 2004 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do you actually do any work pete? Confused
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 17 August 2004 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you ladies have stopped haveing your argument I can say what i was gonna say...

Now we are minus two people because Arch has pulled out at my ca is, well fucked I spose.

So As soon as we get three or four more people then we can go, ok! Very Happy

Oh yeah bump
Nissan300zx
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 17 August 2004 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I do lots just Tuesdays im a POST WHORE

http://homepages.picknowl.com.au/djkemp/100_1291.jpg
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 17 August 2004 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bro you got nothing on me, im the biggest post whore this forum has ever seen, with a batting average of over 11...

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Polak
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 17 August 2004 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey there pete. so i see my organisation of the cars worked out quite well and the photo looks sweet... maybe i should become a photographer and a property king Very Happy Very Happy

Hey Pete can you email me all the pics from that cruise.
You remember my uni email dont ya... antky006

Cheers bruv
Nissan300zx
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Wed, 18 August 2004 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh no worries mate...i am getting them on a cd so i will give them to you with the vide's of the cars also...

that pic is actually a 5mb pic...its 3 pics stuck together in photoshop...hence no rocks trees people or the fence that was directly behind my car...

nice work on the organisation...i dont think youd make it as a photographer unless you work for penthouse....cos we all know the ladies like to take their clothes of for the kryzstof kransky... Laughing Laughing Laughing Very Happy
MS-75
Regular

June 2002
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Wed, 18 August 2004 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be going out with the crown again on september 5th anyway(sunday day/arvo drags). Anyone keen for that?

I can't go out on wednesdays just because of the time factor-by the time I get a trailer/car, load up, dive there through traffic from blackwood it's already getting late-and then theres coming come again after......

Sean
Seven of GAFFiO
Regular

July 2002
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Wed, 18 August 2004 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nissan300zx wrote on Tue, 17 August 2004 10:51

Whats the latest...any updates...

http://homepages.picknowl.com.au/djkemp/100_1302.jpg

lol.. was everyone drunk when they parked for that pic???

tis a nice photo tho Smile
Nissan300zx
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Thu, 19 August 2004 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers mate Laughing yeh not a bad pic has had a little fixing up through photoshop but still looks sweet... Very Happy
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Sun, 17 October 2004 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
righto now my car is back on the road, actually running and i got off my ass we can do this drag thing, ive still got the original list and ill be PM'ing and smsing this week sometime but i reckon two or three weeks away we should do it...

ideas, opinions?
CRAB-86
Regular

September 2003
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Sun, 17 October 2004 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, id probably be up for this depending on car condition, pm me when u figure out whats going on.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Sun, 17 October 2004 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no worries
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Sun, 17 October 2004 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might be keen but I'm pretty damn busy at the moment exams etc etc so as much as I'd love to 6500rpm launch my GT4 and still get traction, I may have to miss out.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Sun, 17 October 2004 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
excellent people my car is now running like a wet dream Smile

SEXILY! if thats even a word Confused

but as soon as people want it we go! Very Happy
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Mon, 18 October 2004 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bah shit fuck cunt ass bollocks and hole....

I only just ran my car last week...so i wouldnt be up for running, but ill definitely go out and be support, and maybe a crew member so i can take some piccies... Very Happy

Jon
Ms_SILYCAR
Regular

I supported Toymods

January 2004

Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Mon, 18 October 2004 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn u people and your wednesday nights... i gotta work Sad
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Mon, 18 October 2004 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet Matt, did u get in the 1j? i'm still down and a mate with a rotang wants to go too
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Mon, 18 October 2004 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah PJ didnt get the 1J man, instead got bent over by the importer and fucked in the bum, ill fill you in sometime, sweet good to hear peeps are still keen as eggs for this!

OH BTW PJ i saw you at Cafe B at teh norwood the other night and shouted at you but you didnt hear me you deaf cunt Very Happy
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Mon, 18 October 2004 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what did u get done then? just got the engine rebuit?

i dont think it was me at buongorno's, last time i went there was last weekend
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Mon, 18 October 2004 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top end done, and TB...

Still a tad smokey tho, prolly a turbo seal, but thats ok ive got three spare ones Very Happy

Yeah it was last weekend and it was you becuase i saw your car on the street after, you were with some chick..possibly GF?
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Mon, 18 October 2004 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea that was me, and my g/f
i didn't hear you, maybe you should yell louder Very Happy
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Mon, 18 October 2004 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
like i said: Deaf cunt Rolling Eyes Laughing
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 19 October 2004 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok Matt, what the official date for this?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 19 October 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill ring that sharon bird or whatever her name is tomorrow and set an actual date Smile
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 19 October 2004 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much do drag nights at AIR cost to enter and what are the requirements?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 19 October 2004 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
secured battery, helmet, and inbetween 35 and 50 bucks...

You should totally come danish! Nod

Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 19 October 2004 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I might, but I bet my diff or gearbox blows Sad
If so, you are towing me back home.

Motorbike helmate ok?
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 19 October 2004 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Motorbike helmate ok?
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 19 October 2004 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah dude motorbike helmet is fine, hafta wear long pants and long sleeves too. And just really have a roadworthy car, ie pass scrutineering.

It cost me $35 on wednesday night and i definitely recommend people do it, such an awesome adrenalin rush!!!!

Jon
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 19 October 2004 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Note : non-synthetic clothing is good...you do not want to end up with plastic melted to your skin (ie polyester) I dunno if they check this but it's technically a requirement.

Basically jeans and any decent long sleeve cotton shirt is good.
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 19 October 2004 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is scrutineered, and how many passes does $35 get you?

Are you required to do a burnout before launching?

Do you get time slips?

I'd be nervous, I've never been to the drags before.
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 19 October 2004 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danish wrote on Tue, 19 October 2004 19:22

What is scrutineered, and how many passes does $35 get you?

Are you required to do a burnout before launching?

Do you get time slips?

I'd be nervous, I've never been to the drags before.

Scrutineering they just look over your car, make sure your tyres are legal, check that everything under the bonnet is secure, battery mainly, check your seat isnt gonna come flying off the rails, if theres still a spare in the boot (yes i left my spare in, i figured no matter what i did it was still gonna wait a lot) then they make sure its held down securely, they check the helmet too, make sure its gonna stop you from...hurting yourself if you...crash? Shocked

The $35 was for unlimited runs, i did 9 but you can do as little or many as you want.

You dont have to do a burnout before you run, but its fun and it doesn actually warm up the tyres and make them sticky.

After you run down the 1/4, you follow the road around the back of AIR and there'll be a caravan on your right, stop there and get your time sheet!

Its all very daunting at first, but after the first couple of runs its awesome fun.

/end essay!

Jon

[Updated on: Tue, 19 October 2004 10:16]

Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 19 October 2004 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds great and easy! I might give it ago, burnouts would be pointless in an openwheeler.

So does or doesnt? not sure if that was a typo?

big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 19 October 2004 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah it DOES dude, hehe sorry, typing 9 fingered cos i chopped my finger up at work, and its really awkward!!! It doesnt matter that you have an open wheeler, so do i at the moment but meh, still all good.

Jon
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 19 October 2004 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danish wrote on Tue, 19 October 2004 18:02

Motorbike helmate ok?

yeah i can give you a tow if need be Very Happy

Danish you are coming, and if youre not i am driving your car!

OK Very Happy
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Tue, 19 October 2004 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Might give it a go then.
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Wed, 20 October 2004 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got a letter from AIR today...next wednesday night drags are on the 17th November...You better all be keen. Same deal as before, $35, racing starts at 6, helmet long sleeves and pants, gotta pass scrutineering

Jon
turbo-a
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Wed, 20 October 2004 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im in for drag meet.

Im gonna try better 15.6
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Thu, 21 October 2004 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok....

17th of November it is!

Sweet Very Happy
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Thu, 21 October 2004 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stuff that I've got an exam the next day!
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Thu, 21 October 2004 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet 17th it is! does anybody have an extra helmet that i could use?

they check your tyes hey? shit that means i gotta go buy some new ones cos mine are probably right on the limit Mad
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Thu, 21 October 2004 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey PJ can you let polak and pete know as well, i spoke to mr rotary the other night and he seems keen as well Very Happy
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Thu, 21 October 2004 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea he was the mate i was talking about earlier, il let pete and kris and andy(supra_7) know too.

p.s. still need a donor helmet!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Thu, 21 October 2004 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no worries, hey PJ you might be able to borrow the helmet i am using Smile
MS-75
Regular

June 2002
Saturday, November 6th, AIR off-street meet Sun, 24 October 2004 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The races are also on saturday in a couple of weeks as well.

It's the first of the saturday night meets for the summer.

I'll have the crown out in an attempt to run a 10-(11.049 so far)

If anyones out-it's a big, blue and ugly so come and say hello.

Cheers
Sean
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Mon, 25 October 2004 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers matt, but i think i got one sorted. my g/f dad has two and i didnt even know Laughing so there is a large size helmet free if anybody else needs one to use.
FC3S
Newcomer

August 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Fri, 29 October 2004 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh im still keen to go but NEED to have a back-up car before i even think about getting on track! i know some bad shit is gunna happen. Hey pauly are they oldskool helmets?? like dicky johnsen Laughing Laughing iam thinkn of buying one.. that way i will have to use it no excuses!! lets hope we can do this b4 xmas... the AIR mallala double Very Happy

hey matt my name is adam a.k.a cuffy not mr rotary!
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Fri, 29 October 2004 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FC3S wrote on Fri, 29 October 2004 18:53

yeh im still keen to go but NEED to have a back-up car before i even think about getting on track!!

thats not our fault cuffy Rolling Eyes

the helmets are just moto helmets, i havent seen them so i don't know what they look like
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Fri, 29 October 2004 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FC3S wrote on Fri, 29 October 2004 18:53

yeh im still keen to go but NEED to have a back-up car before i even think about getting on track! i know some bad shit is gunna happen. Hey pauly are they oldskool helmets?? like dicky johnsen Laughing Laughing iam thinkn of buying one.. that way i will have to use it no excuses!! lets hope we can do this b4 xmas... the AIR mallala double Very Happy

hey matt my name is adam a.k.a cuffy not mr rotary!

sorry mr rotary, i mean mr chicken cooker, i mean mr lawnmower, i mean ah fuck it

sup adam

Who else is hella chuffed about this for gods sakes i know i am! Very Happy
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Fri, 29 October 2004 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah id be fair stoked if i hadnt already run my car...lol

Maybe i should give it a go and see what kinda difference the new fuel pump makes...not a lot i would imagine.

But nah, ill be there watching, taking pics for you guys!

Jon
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Sat, 30 October 2004 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!
Tuff_MR2
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Sat, 30 October 2004 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
me and cousin will come matty

aw11 - 4agze
sw20- 3sge
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Sat, 30 October 2004 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This will be fun, i'll be there on the 17th if I don't have to work a Wednesday night.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Sat, 30 October 2004 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good james Very Happy

I got my LSD in today so maybe i might get some decent traction now Confused
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Sat, 30 October 2004 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Sat, 30 October 2004 18:58

Bastard. lol

How much did that set you back, if you dont mind me asking? Cos I need an lsd...obviously!

Jon
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Sat, 30 October 2004 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
big JON wrote on Sat, 30 October 2004 22:47

MR 1GGTE wrote on Sat, 30 October 2004 18:58

Bastard. lol

How much did that set you back, if you dont mind me asking? Cos I need an lsd...obviously!

Jon

ummm free actually

drove with it tonight, its not bad but it needs to be tightened a little, tad loose, but not overly noticable Smile

the new suspension and the diff make it sweet, all i need is the manual conversion and fuck off the TT and ill be laffing Very Happy
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Wed Night drag at AIR - Any Ideas and Interests?? Sun, 31 October 2004 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Danish wrote on Sat, 30 October 2004 18:21

This will be fun, i'll be there on the 17th if I don't have to work a Wednesday night.

don't you mean that you are coming cos ur taking the night of work...cos we told you to Very Happy
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:CCC Cruise 19th December
Next Topic:Toyota Cruise # 7 *Sunday 5th or 12th December*
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:09:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0084819793701172 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.