Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » ACT » Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Wed, 15 September 2004 03:38 Go to next message
TO ALL TOYOTA FANS!
OK we have CONFIRMED THE DETAILS for the CCG Dynoday. The date is definately Sunday 24 October 2004. All Toyotas welcome. Confirmed details are as follows:
Event: CCG Dynoday
Location: Autotech - 11 Collie Street Fyshwick (down driveway RHS of Joe's bike wreckers) - PLEASE Park on the street and not in the driveway!
Date: Sunday 24 October 2004 - 11am to 5pm
Format: 40 cars on the day
- Cost: $35 - Due prior to 14 October 2004!
- Peak RWKW + air/fuel ratio on Dyno sheet print out
- First in with the $35 gets the next sequentially numbered 'ticket' on the list (all slots get a numbered ticket) until the 40 positions are filled so hurry...hurry....hurry!.
- If you show up on the day without prebooking it will cost you $40 and you will go at the end of the list and taking a chance at not getting a run at all.
- Payments are not-refundable due to FIRM numbers being required.
- Re-runs will be available ONLY if time permits and at an additional $35 per car.
- Trophies will be awarded to the same categories as last CCG Dynoday and we will be posting anticipated KWs that you think your car will produce on TOYMODS.

There will also be cheap hot BBQ tucker for sale to raise funds for trailer rego and advertising etc so bring your shrapnel!

All payments and enquiries to Mitch Sloan (0408994410 AH) or Phil Eacott (0412699144 AH)- Phil.Eacott@defence.gov.au
Cheers
Mitch & Phil

SLOTS ARE FILLING FAST! - Participants already paid up so far:
1. Justen Simpson GT8 ST185 Celica
2. Stephen Pembrey 4A Sprinter - 30 RWKW
3. MX83 Cressida
4. Jane Greagg Soarer - 209 RWKW
5. Peter Greagg Turbo Starlet - 80 RWKW
6. Ross Pandher 2JZ-GTE JZA80 Supra - 177.5 RWKW
7. Mitch Sloan 3T-G TA22 Celica - 60 RWKW
8. Phil Eacott 5M-GE MA61 Supra - 75 RWKW
9. Adam Landwehr 1G-GTE TA23 Celica - 230 RWKW
10. Chuck Landwehr 1JZ-GTE VVTi RA23 Celica - 170 RWKW
11. Chris Martin 1G-GTE AE86 Sprinter
12. Jeremy Marsh EL Falcon - 118 RWKW
13. Dylan Evans 1G-GTE RA23 Celica
14. Ashley Williamson XR6 EL Falcon - 123 RWKW
15. Zane Taylor 18R-G RA23 Celica - 70 RWKW
16. Simon Milner 1JZ-GTE Cressida
17. Casey Eryrs 2T-G TA22 Celica
18. Phil Lawrence 4AGTE - Corolla - 169 RWKW
(135 with ignition probs!)
19. Rob O'Leary 2JZ-GTE JZA80 Supra - 180 RWKW
20. Damien Dimunno ET Pulsar
21. Rodger Maconachie 2T TA22 - 64 RWKW
22. Justin Marshall 4AGZE AE86 Sprinter - 90 RWKW

Just to make it more interesting, how about all paid up participants post their 'guestimate' of what KW their rides will make. Or you can email/phone the details through.

[Updated on: Fri, 22 October 2004 23:48]

Send a private message to this user    
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - October 2004 - Canberra Wed, 15 September 2004 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not looking likely for me now Rolling Eyes

I will be keen to see the results though. The average power output for the day across the cars looks like it will be well up on Dyno Day 1.

[Updated on: Wed, 29 September 2004 01:57]

Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - October 2004 - Canberra Wed, 15 September 2004 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this could prove interesting...
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - October 2004 - Canberra Wed, 15 September 2004 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good point Shane. Still in the pipeline.
Last time we made the mistake of opening up the trophies to anyone who turned up on the day and we had a lot of ring-ins take out the trophies. This time we are still allowing non CCG members to enter but our trophies will be open to CCG members only. Pretty much the same as most other car club events. Will get back to you on the details but I think your idea of the CCG guys with all those creative talents can supply us with little handmade trophies made out of Yota parts etc. Great idea!
Cheers
Mitch
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - October 2004 - Canberra Wed, 15 September 2004 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about a category EFI vs Carby???

4AG vs 4AGE etc?

Ps I'm a wizz at paper mache trophies Very Happy
Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - October 2004 - Canberra Wed, 15 September 2004 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm thinking the sprinter should fair quite well. I still haven't dynoed it since i got the car so i really don't know what to expect. we'll just have to wait and see Smile
stylez
Regular

October 2002

Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - October 2004 - Canberra Thu, 16 September 2004 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you gotta have a run sanchez !!

i might bring my carbied 2tg beast along, see if i can take out the wooden spoon

[Updated on: Thu, 16 September 2004 03:59]

Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - October 2004 - Canberra Thu, 16 September 2004 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm hoping the bugs in my 2TGEU will be sorted in time (120miles per tank - not at these petrol prices). That might make for an interesting comparison?
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - October 2004 - Canberra Thu, 16 September 2004 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stylez, is your 2TG by any chance one that you bought in Canberra and it has (or had if you changed it) an orange cam cover?? If so you should be up there with the 4AGE crowd for rear wheel hp.
stylez
Regular

October 2002

Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - October 2004 - Canberra Thu, 16 September 2004 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i bought it off gareth, your brother isnt he ?

its still running fairly well,i haven't done anything to it, besides plug/oil change

[Updated on: Thu, 16 September 2004 05:39]

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - October 2004 - Canberra Thu, 16 September 2004 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, Garreth is my brother, he said he sold it to a guy from the forums with a silver celica. That 2TG made about 56 - 58 rwkw back in the day, I would assume it's still making about the same.

That engine on song still has one of the best induction sounds around I reckon. I will be keen to hear it screaming on the dyno Very Happy

Cheers.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - October 2004 - Canberra Thu, 16 September 2004 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha I hope to make it for this day, I wouldn't mind knowing what a fresh rebuilt 4a runs, the MR2 is going in for rego check next wednesday, so heres hoping
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - October 2004 - Canberra Fri, 17 September 2004 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ARh damn, the dyno day is on the 24th of October, I will be in the sunshine state of Victoria, I would have to leave crazy early to get back in time for a run on Sunday. Wadda kant!

I was keen to get back on the Autotech dyno too (had a run a few weeks ago) and make a few minor tweaks and see it made any difference.

Oh well another time.
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - October 2004 - Canberra Fri, 17 September 2004 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noooooooooooooo Shano!
Are you sure you cant drive for 15 hours overnight to get here in time. Ah well we will have another one next year. Pity as I cant wait to see how the Green Hornet is running!

Come for a beer on Tuesday night and we can tease you!
Cheers Mitch
ke30turbo
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - October 2004 - Canberra Fri, 17 September 2004 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys,
At the moment im in Wales watching the Rally of GB but i fly home on the 28th of this month which will give me about 2 weeks to get my rolla registered and if i do i'll come out and have a go on the dyno, should make a bit more power too once the bigger injectors go in. Pity you wont be there shano, Has Gaz got the wagoon going yet?????? i am down on info from back home.
cheers james
ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - October 2004 - Canberra Fri, 17 September 2004 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Putting payment down tomorrow, so no excuse for missing this one Razz
Lets see, crappy 4a = >25 rwkw

Cheers
Steve
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Sun, 19 September 2004 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James, be good to see how the corolla is going if you can get it on the road in time once you get back, want pics from the Rally of GB too.

The wagon is not far off being done, mainly waiting on the panel beating to be finished, then it will be sprayed.

Adam picked up a BB turbo the other day for his 4AGTE.

Lawson got defected for being too low (who would have thought that would happen Rolling Eyes ).

My clutch retired on the weekend so I will have to get another one in ASAP.

Will be at the beeer o' clock on Tuesday to hear all about the Dyno Day and what is planned. Believe me I looked at options for making it back in time for the dyno day, but Saturday night Buck's party in Melbourne = not likely to be back in Canberra very early on Sunday Sad .

[Updated on: Mon, 20 September 2004 04:44]

TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Mon, 20 September 2004 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane
We will be going to about 4-5pm on the Sunday so plenty of time to fly home + hurl, tune the rolla + chuck, road test + ralph and finally sober up enought to run that nasty Green Hornet of yours on the rollers! Even a trophy going begging!
Cheers, Mitch
ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Mon, 20 September 2004 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate just found a spare webber, i'll see if I can bung it on the 4A and reap the rewards!!! Very Happy (an extra 1rwkw?)

Cheers
Steve
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Tue, 21 September 2004 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephen,

There goes the wooden spoon award for you. The weber will take you into places you have never been before with the mighty 4A-C!!

duongy
Regular

September 2003

Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Tue, 21 September 2004 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mitch, not sure if you got my email, but put my name down, i'll organise the payment to you early next week

let's see what this 4age can do.
ke30turbo
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Tue, 21 September 2004 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey shano,
Why are you gonna be in Vic? I think you should be here for this event and hopefully i will be able to get my rolla there too. I heard about your clutch and matts defect and dossys turbo......did he get a GT28???? I didnt make it to any forest stages of the rally but the SSS was pretty cool and got photos of all the big guys ripping around. I'll be back next thursday so i'll show you then. I wanna get the rolla regoed the week after i get back if possible.
Seeya soon
James
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Wed, 22 September 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane mate, how did you kill another clutch?? I'd be having a chat to our good clutch building mates at indirect clutch.... pretty piss-poor to wait so long each time for another supposedly good combo to only have it last for such a little time Mad Must be all the extra powah that the cold air intake made huh? Laughing
I'm home Thursday/Friday. Give me a call from work if you're bored, and I'll tell you about a pretty flash flywheel/clutch combo that I discussed with NPC at Jamboree.

Should hopefully see you boys (& girls) at the dyno day with my flower delivery van. See if her old engine still has enough mumbo to tip a few pot-plants over in the back Cool

Cheers
Phil
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Wed, 22 September 2004 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Excellent neews Mr L.

takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Wed, 22 September 2004 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Buggger, neither of my cars will be back here for that. Well i dont htink they will be anyway. Unless Dickson give me grief on the 86.
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Wed, 22 September 2004 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hope you can still make it Takai. If the cars arent rolling then just swing by to check out the other rides.

Just to make it more interesting how about all paid up participants post their 'guestimate' of what KW their rides will make. Or you can email/phone the details through.

CHECK OUT THE PARICIPANTS LISTED SO FAR AT THE TOP OF THE THREAD!

Places are filling very quickly so get in touch so we can get you on the list ASAP.
Cheers
Mitch & Phil
ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Thu, 23 September 2004 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys,
I think there's been a slight misunderstandiing Confused I 'll be running the sprinter on the day and maybe the falcon if i can get it ready in time and theres still space on the day. Falcon needs a new diff, sort out fuel delivery and the motec needs tuning Crying or Very Sad

But, my guestimate for the sprinter is >30rwkw Evil or Very Mad feel the sprinta powa

CHeers
Steve
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Thu, 23 September 2004 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Phil, the clutch lasted about 12 000km, not real flash I suppose Rolling Eyes

I suspected it was on it's way out, but I killed it on Friday evening doing some er.....inappropriate activities. Oh well, a famous man once said "Shit happens"

Better it die here in town than on one of our WSID trips, that would have really been annoying.

TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Thu, 23 September 2004 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well Shane, if you plan for me to be "ballast" for the rear of your car again, then you better change your estimated power from 170.blahblahblah kw to 120kw, cause i'll have my shoe firmly blocking your tailpipe at the same time Laughing Laughing

So i'll make my estimate 169.78965467 kw Smile

Anyone got a magic whatsamidoovit to get rid of the big ignition miss I just discovered on my car at 5500rpm? Its like doing "key-bangers" repeatedly as fast as you can while holding your foot flat Mad I'm sure it makes good flames for the fullee sik boys.

takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Thu, 23 September 2004 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sadly i think ill be in Melbourne to help prepping for the Classic.
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Sun, 26 September 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe, Well, put me down for the dyno day, should be able to spend the money! my guess for the sprinter? er 88rwkw sounds good to me?

Is there a prize if u guess the closest?

Mitch how u want me to pay u? or can i drop off the money to phil when he's bowling?
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Sun, 26 September 2004 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mitch, my mate Damien Dimunno with the ET Pulsar would like to enter if thats okay.

Still can't fix the ignition miss on mine Mad It feels like an asthmatic "T" series motor when it cant rev Twisted Evil Very Happy Cool

Phil L
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Sun, 26 September 2004 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justin,

Yes you can drop the money over to me on Thursday night at bowling.

Phil,

This is not good. Is there anything I can do to help you out?

Damien is more than welcome to join in. If you give him my address he can drop over or alternatively, get the money off him and I can drop over to your place.

TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Mon, 27 September 2004 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Money for Damien is already with Mitch Smile

What are the classes guys???

[Updated on: Mon, 27 September 2004 10:48]

celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Mon, 27 September 2004 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phil,

We discussed this last night. Did you still want me to post up all classes?

TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Tue, 28 September 2004 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah mate, I'm sure others would be interested to see Smile
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Tue, 28 September 2004 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok guys and girls,

Here are the classes that trophies will be awarded for!!!!!

Up to 1600cc Naturally Aspirated (N/A)
1601cc to 2000cc NA
2001cc to 3000cc NA
Over 3001 NA

Up to 1600cc Turbocharged
1601cc to 2000cc Turbocharged
2001cc to 3000cc Turbocharged
Over 3001 Turbocharged

Up to 1600cc Supercharged
1601cc to 2000cc Supercharged
2001cc to 3000cc Supercharged
Over 3001 Supercharged

Most improved. To be eligible to win most improved, you must own and be entering the same car as you entered in CCG Dyno Day 1 and the engine must be of the same base. (ie Sprinter with a 4A now running a 4A-GZE). This trophy will be awarded to the highest percentage increase from CCG Dyno Day 1 results.

Any questions do not hesitate to contact me for explanations.

Don't forget money must be in to Mitch or myself no later than 14 Oct 04 or you run the risk of not getting a run and you will also have to pay an additional $5 entry fee.

Numbers will only be allocated to participants once money is handed to either Mitch or myself.

Within only 10 days of making this event official we have already filled half of the available positions, so the recommendation is to get in sooner rather than later.

RP071
Newcomer

September 2004
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Tue, 28 September 2004 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celica28 wrote on Tue, 28 September 2004 12:53

Most improved. To be eligible to win most improved, you must own and be entering the same car as you entered in CCG Dyno Day 1 and the engine must be of the same base. (ie Sprinter with a 4A now running a 4A-GZE). This trophy will be awarded to the highest percentage increase from CCG Dyno Day 1 results.

Bugger, does this mean that even though I've gone from MKIV Supra to another MKIV Supra I can't go for the most improved?Razz

Ross
Yeeehah
Regular

May 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Tue, 28 September 2004 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey D Sanchez - stick a boost contoller on that thing and wind it to 14psi !! Evil or Very Mad

U should get at least 134 rwkw on standard boost.

Ash
ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Tue, 28 September 2004 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just curious, if my car is the only N/A 1600, does that mean i win my class Very Happy
So far I don't see any other contenders for the wooden spoon... That thing is MINE!!! Evil or Very Mad

Steve
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Tue, 28 September 2004 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve: Looks like there will be enough categories for everyone to take a trophy home! Cool

Seeing as I can't get my bloody motor to rev past 6k, I might compete with you for the wooden spoon by removing a couple of ignition leads Very Happy
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Tue, 28 September 2004 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ross,

Yes my friend you are out of luck this time round.

Steve,

This is only early days but Phil L does have a point to give you some competition.

ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Tue, 28 September 2004 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
6k? I can't even get my motor to get to 4k... Twisted Evil

Just curious what time the day is gonna end so i can sort out work, cos I just scored a free lsd for the XD. just needs a tune now. Be interesting to see how aussie muscle compares to the "ricers"... Shocked

Anyone have an XE front bumper sitting around they'd want to sell?

CHeers
Steve
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Wed, 29 September 2004 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At the rate that im getting this car finished it may still be here on the 24th of October. Ill let you guys know.
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Wed, 29 September 2004 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephen,

If the Sprinter is not revving past 4 grand, you are not putting the right foot to the floor hard enough. Laughing

ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Thu, 30 September 2004 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Razz Smartass
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Thu, 30 September 2004 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha crap,

oh well, I won't be making this event, If I got the day off I won't be getting the one off I wanted later where I go on a 2 week holiday down the coast. So have decided to give it a miss. Bummer cause the mr2 is sooooo much fun Razz
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Thu, 30 September 2004 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You guys with weekend jobs are no fun Confused Razz

What's wrong with the monday-friday 9-5?? Do you like giving up your social life on weekends? Smile

Is the MR2 as good as run in now?
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Thu, 30 September 2004 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No I hate giving up my weekend life, mon-fri 9-5 I am at UNI, to get a job then.

ahh no not yet, its got 700kms on it, but major bummer tonight I got home, then I heard a crackling sound, got out and saw a massive puddle of water coming from the car. It looks like I have blown one on the radiator pipes, not the rubber ones though, one of the main metal ones that run down the length of the car, shit that could be bad, the car never overheated cause lucky it must have happened real close to home. I new they were bad but not that bad, this car has never seen coolant in its life by the looks of it.
Farmsci ST162
Regular

August 2003
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Thu, 30 September 2004 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't make it to many CCG events, mostly due to the repair of my car taking an excruciatingly long time and sending me broke constantly, but this is one event i soooooooooooooo hope I can make it to. The celica *should* be off the jack stands and running happily by then but i really can't say for sure at this stage...
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Thu, 30 September 2004 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You don't have to bring your car to join in. Just rock on over and say hello with any of the events that you think you would like to attend.

takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Fri, 01 October 2004 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like i wont be in melbourne now. Put me down, itll be slightly unfair for me to guesstimate how many kw the 86 will have since itll be getting tuned on the dyno a week beforehand.

Ill email through for payment details.
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Fri, 01 October 2004 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Addendum to horse nobbling! Dear Phil and Mitch, may I suggest that the engine categories you have decided upon for the Dyno Day are too narrow. To reflect the myriad of Toyota engine capacities, a widening of the categories should be implemented.

1601cc to 2000cc ie. an 1800cc 3T up against a 2000cc 18R.

2001cc to 3000cc ie. a 2400cc 22R up against a 3000cc 7M.

Hardly fair to the competitors, wouldn't you say.

With respect to Toyota's engine capacities, my suggested categories are:

up to 1500cc, eg. ("K" Series)
1501cc to 1600cc, eg. ("T" and "A" Series)
1601cc to 1800cc, eg. ("T" Series)
1801cc to 2000cc, eg. ("R" and "S" Series)
2001cc to 2400cc, eg. ("R" Series)
2401cc to 2600cc, eg. ("M" and "J" Series)
2601cc to 2800cc, eg ("M" Series)
2801cc to 3000cc, and eg.("M" and "J" Series)
3000cc and over. eg. ("U" Series)

I realise that this significantly expands on what you guys originally planned. However, I believe it reflects Toyota's engine capacities, and will be fairer all round to the competitors. Categories without an entrant can be deleted from the awards.

regards Chuck.
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Mon, 04 October 2004 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Chuck
As usual mate you make a good point. We definately can see your point and I hope Phil's response direct to you was OK. Basically, this was only ever just another lightweight event with a few trophies for a bit of recognition for fun. We dont have the funds or time to make it a serious Dynoday. If all categories were available its about 29 categories....and then 29 trophies! Its really just for the CCG to see how their rides are performing and have a get together for it.

As Phil said, we may have to introduce some sort of funding or sponsorship to enable us to grow the event to a larger TOYMODS format. However, we are pushed just getting an event like this up and running.....so anyone out there that want to help out on these events are more than welcome to call Phil or I to help out.
Look forward to catching up to talk more about your ideas mate.
Cheers
Mitch
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Mon, 04 October 2004 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Mitch, I didn't really mean to upset the apple cart. I realize Phil has the trophies organised, but could he make a trophy for the shit stirrer award.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

regards Chuck.
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Tue, 05 October 2004 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chuck,

You are now in the running!

TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Tue, 05 October 2004 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing

hook, line, & sinker Razz
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Thu, 07 October 2004 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phil,

Shouldn't you change your log now to the Corolla.

BTW, could you ask Shane to call me so I can arrange some engine bits with him.

Ta!

TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Sun, 10 October 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The panelvan ignition problem is now fixed, so you can keep me on the list for the dyno day. No more diesel rev limit Smile

PE: If I knew how to change my logon, I would! Razz any ideas?
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Sun, 10 October 2004 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Phil,

Well done on the Van scene.

What about contacting one of the administrators to assist with your log.

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TOYMODS/CCG Trip to Moruya (Camping!) 6/7 November 2004
Next Topic:CCG trip to the Toymods show n shine
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:55:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010436058044434 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.