Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » ACT » Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Powderfinger
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Mon, 11 October 2004 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it alright to pop in and hav a look, i might go out there after work, show off my Ta22 Razz
  Send a private message to this user    
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Mon, 11 October 2004 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It would be great to see you pop in, but seeing as you will be there with your TA22 why not hang around and have a run. You never know you might just collect a trophy at the same time.

takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Tue, 12 October 2004 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry guys, im out. I cant get the car tuned in time. Sad
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Tue, 12 October 2004 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well it looks like I'm officially out of this event. Gonna be down the coast with the girly Rolling Eyes Hope it's a blast, I'll look forward to hearing all the glory stories, and hopefully catch up with you all on the Nov Moruya trip (ps. if we go dirt karting do you think they'll let me have another go Laughing )

Seb
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Wed, 13 October 2004 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You piker!

You are right, after all not everyone can break axles on those karts.

TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Thu, 14 October 2004 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seb
We were all desperate to see the unveiling of the 22 but we can sure wait see it next time mate.

To anyone interested, you dont have to either bring a car or run a car on the day, you are more than welcome just to turn up and have a look at the cars on the Dyno, grab a cheap sausage sanga and have a chat to everyone.
Cheers
Mitch
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Fri, 15 October 2004 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

HURRY.....HURRY.....HURRY!!!!!

Get you’re your bargain based tickets at the unbelievable price of only $35 per Dyno run!

Time is short, the list is getting long and the deadline is fast approaching!

With 22 starters already, you REALLY need to get your payments to Phil (0412 699 144).

We have negotiated the final date for money to be due with Autotech, and to help some of you guys and girls out, this has now been moved to Friday 22 October 04.

After this date all participants will be required to pay $40 including those that are entering on the day.

Those that are not able to meet the 22 Oct 04 cutoff date and want to have more than one run will then be required to pay $40 for additional runs as well.

We hope this gives people a lot more room to work out their finances.

IF there are any slots available on the day, you stand the chance of getting a run but will not be eligible for any of the awards or prizes.

Once again the due date for payments to guarantee a run has been
re-negotiated to Friday 22 October 04 (Dynoday still 11am, Sunday, 24 October 2004 at Autotech, Collie Street Fyshwick!).

Cheers
Mitch & Phil
ke30turbo
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Mon, 18 October 2004 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys,
My rolla is out and about now on the streets in Canberra, I'll come for a cruise out to the dyno day but still need to sort somethings out with the electrics so not gonna run. See you all there.
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Tue, 19 October 2004 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James
Hope to see you there. You can still run the Rolla just dont flog it! Might highlight any air/fuel ratio problems.
Cheers
Mitch

[Updated on: Tue, 19 October 2004 05:49]

Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Fri, 22 October 2004 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ToyCam wrote on Tue, 28 September 2004 20:26

So far I don't see any other contenders for the wooden spoon... That thing is MINE!!! Evil or Very Mad

Steve

Ha Ha The competition for wooden spoon is on. The late entry bog stock RA40 with original truck 18r is gonna whup you all with it's raw unbridled lack of powaahhh!

Laughing
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Fri, 22 October 2004 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys, the TA23 is out! goes into long term storage today Sad

Ho yeah, I know you guys will be checking oil/water etc, but please check tyre pressures on Sunday. If the dyno operator has to keep pulling the air hose out, it will slow proceedings down.

See ya all there sunday, Chuck.
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Fri, 22 October 2004 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Hi guys, the TA23 is out! goes into long term storage today

I guess that means there's room for an RA35 celica then huh? Smile Or is it a 3T/2TG hybrid TA22, or even a V8 soarer???
Helloooo Steve.........Adam....... anyone home??? Cool

My P.O.S panelvan has decided to re-grow its ignition gremlin from 5500rpm... although not as bad as last time. Won't stop the little bugger from hitting the dyno rollers though, just change my estimate to 135kw Sad

[The real] Phil Very Happy
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Fri, 22 October 2004 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good luck to all who get on the dyno, may your engines not ping Very Happy

ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Sat, 23 October 2004 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm, might stuff a rag down the carby throat.... Twisted Evil
any money that i'm going to get a pretty looking dyno graph, due to the flat spots, misfires.... crappy 4a Razz
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Sat, 23 October 2004 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice to see that we have beautiful weather just like last year Mad

Dont forget your umbrellas! There's not much room inside the workshop...

TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Sun, 24 October 2004 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Weather wasn't such a damper after all! Lucky Autotech had opened the other side of the workshop for shelter, dunno how the fire alarms weren't set off with that BBQ though Smile

Thanks guys for a top day, especially Peter (although I'm sure he doesn't frequent these forums) for actually taking an interest in the cars run on his dyno, most cars got at least 3 runs in, and he was more than happy to give constructive feedback (like for Mitch to turn off his wipers to conserve power Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Cool j/k) .

Cheers
Phil L

[Updated on: Sun, 24 October 2004 06:35]

Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Sun, 24 October 2004 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ha ha ha, just checked the video footage Pam was filming of my 40 on the dyno, got a great shot of Peter stepping out of my car shaking his head. Go the mighty 18R-c Whoo Hoo!!!
ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Sun, 24 October 2004 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
took my spoon Mad
ah well, that'll teach me for using my secret weapon. Razz
Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Sun, 24 October 2004 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry i had to bail early guys, a bit of an emergency came up and i needed to go.

I think the 1g ran alright but i have much to do on it before it becomes fist worthy Razz
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Mon, 25 October 2004 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Post up some results Very Happy
RP071
Newcomer

September 2004
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Mon, 25 October 2004 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi all,

I had a great day in spite of the weather.

Would it be possible for the guy (I'm sorry I've forgotten your name) that told me that the active front spoiler on my car works. There was actual video footage of it. Would you be able to edit me a copy of it and send it to ross.pandher@dcita.gov.au

Thanks

Ross

PS. I'm still bragging about the 1st dyno run. Smile
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Mon, 25 October 2004 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

What a great CCG Dynoday #2....except for the filthy weather! Yep we will post up the results ASAP.

Definately appreciate the great attitude from Peter Dowling of Autotech. He was so impressed by the attitude of the CCG entrants that he offered to have us back again as soon as we like! Maybe at the end of Jan 05 so we can hopefully have better weather and all our rides in top shape.

Special thanks to:
Paton Performance for sponsoring the trophies (well done Shane), Phil Lawrence & Jeremy Marsh for the extra assistance on making the day such a success.

Hope you all have dried out by now and we will post up the fun and games soon.
Cheers Mitch & Phil
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Mon, 25 October 2004 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

ah well, that'll teach me for using my secret weapon.

Haha! Love your work. Can you do that to my panelvan?? Very Happy

Unfortunately, my clutch decided to call it quits late yesterday after a hard launch once the rain went away, I think the van will get a rest in the backyard for a few months... Sad

ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Tue, 26 October 2004 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sure thing, we can swap engines. Although i'll have to ask for cash on top though Razz
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Tue, 26 October 2004 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Results are in:

Up to 1500cc Turbocharged – Jane Greagg Turbo Starlet 95.4kw (127.2hp)
1501cc-1600cc N/A Rodger Maconachie TA22 Celica 2T 70.9 kw (94.5hp)
1501cc-1600cc Turbocharged Phil Lawrence AE71 Corolla Panel Van 169kw (225.3hp)
1501cc-1600cc Supercharged Justin Marshall AE86 Sprinter 73.4kw (97.8hp)
1601cc-1800cc N/A Mitchell Sloan TA22 Celica 3T-GEU 70.0 kw (93.3hp)
1801cc-2000cc N/A Zane Taylor RA23 Celica 18R-GU 83.1 kw (110.8hp)
1801cc-2000cc Turbocharged Ken Halford SW20 MR2 3SG-TE 141.6kw (188.8hp)
2401cc-2600cc Turbocharged Peter Greagg Soarer 1JZ-GTE 212.3kw (283.0hp)
2601cc-2800cc N/A Phil Eacott MA61 Supra 5M-GE 104.3kw (139.0hp)
2801cc-3000cc Turbocharged Rob O’LearyJZA80 Supra 2JZ-GTE 211.9kw (282.5hp)
3001cc and over N/A Michael Smith MX83 Cressida 1UZ-FE 153.0kw (204hp)
3001cc and over Turbocharged Justen Simpson ST185 GT4 1UZ-FTTE 250.3kw (337.3hp)

Wooden Spoon Award – Sebastian Becher RA40 18R-C 46.1kw (61.4hp)

Most Improved since Dyno Day 1 – Zane Taylor From 43.1kw (57.4hp) to 83.1kw (110.8hp)
Increase of just of 95%

Many thanks go to:

Peter (Dyno Tech) for letting us pester him on a Sunday

Jeremy March and Ashley Williamson for bringing along their Laptop and Colour Printer

Chuck for getting the CCG BBQ finished after no one volunteered to help him and for his foresight in coming up with some way better ideas for categories

Phil Lawrence and Justen Simpson for keeping the scoresheet up to date

Phil Lawrence for helping with reconciling the final results

Capital Trophies and Sportswear for providing the labels for the Wooden Spoon and Most improved trophies

Shane Paton for going out of his way to make the Wooden Spoon and Most improved trophies

Mitch for taking the time to get the gas bottle filled for the BBQ, towing the club trailer out and making the arrangements for this Dyno Day to happen and

All the participants for showing up on such a miserable day. Without you guys it would have been a very lonely day.

Some people left prior to the end of the proceedings and we still have your Dyno sheets. We will be having a Beer O’Clock (Mitch you can fill in this detail) and we will be bringing along your sheets then. Should you want to collect your sheets prior to the beer o’clock you can call Phil on 0412 699 144 to make arrangements for collection.

Hope to see you all down the coast to party with the TOYMODS. Stay tune for more details.

Mitch & Phil
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Tue, 26 October 2004 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Sure thing, we can swap engines. Although i'll have to ask for cash on top though

Sure Laughing You should be a con-artist! Take the original 4AC from my panelvan whilst I install a 4AGTE, then swap me once its done???! Razz

I'd consider it if you had actually won the wooden spoon, but seeing as its now a proven underperformer, and couldn't take a trophy, I think i'll have to pass Smile

PL
ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Tue, 26 October 2004 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was a sure thing till the 2t and 18r came along... got hit from both sides Sad

you just wait till i patent that air cleaner, and i'll be laughing....

[Updated on: Tue, 26 October 2004 13:23]

SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Tue, 02 November 2004 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HI phil e,

I'm not going to beable to pick up me sheet for a while, putting in some long hard hours, trying to fux cars, sell cars, by a van and earn money. also my e-mail is dead as i've moved outta home so i'll try and check this section as much as i can,

Thanks for a great dyno day, wasn't happy with my result but least i won my clss!!! seening i was the only 4AGZE car there,(phil L u don't count its turbo'd)

Later, J
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Tue, 02 November 2004 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

trying to fux cars

Laughing

Been on a trup to New Zulland Justin?

Hope it wasn't your white sprinter I saw firmly embedded in the trees after a big slide across the grass near Belconnen Pool a few days ago?? Pretty sure it wasn't yours.
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Thu, 04 November 2004 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justin,

Drop in the Bowl and you can collect it off me or Cathleen.

frebbles
Regular

May 2002

Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Sun, 07 November 2004 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah Ross, it's Farran, I'll track down that footage soonish (when i get a moment) and I'll email that video to you, I'll probably make some VCD's of the day for CCG members and alike by the next meet as well if you're interested. I know a few people are.

Cheers,
Farran
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Wed, 10 November 2004 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hiya Farran
I am definately interested in a CD of footage and pics. I am collecting as much as I can to post up a mix of pics and footage to show the CCG at its social best.
Cheers
Mitch
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Dynoday - Canberra Celica Group (CCG) - 24 October 2004 - Canberra Sun, 14 November 2004 05:05 Go to previous message
I'd be keen on seeing some footage too Smile

Phil L
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TOYMODS/CCG Trip to Moruya (Camping!) 6/7 November 2004
Next Topic:CCG trip to the Toymods show n shine
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:02:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0071568489074707 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.