Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 15 February 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peeack wrote on Tue, 15 February 2005 14:21

Is there much difference in features? Also, what sort of 4A-GE is in them? I know I should search, but I figured you guys would be a better source of information ^_^

They're all the 86kw bigport jobbies, except for some AW10's floating around that had a 3ALU eeek

The main differences are, and someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Stronger 7 rib block
Upgraded brakes
Different interior
C52 gearbox

Here's a list of all the differences by year in the US release, I'd say most of them would apply everywhere.

http://shell.deru.com/~sgn1/AW11/Changes.htm
  Send a private message to this user    
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 15 February 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there was also a slight body work change in 87iirc... differnt front bar and different side vent.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 15 February 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys does anybody know a trick to getting the washer jets on the bonnet off... it looks like the normal clip but there is a solid metal panel below mine so you cant get to or squeeze the sides, is there something I am missing or do you just break them off and buy new ones?
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 15 February 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's times like this that make me wish I had already scanned the BGB.

It's with my car though in the workshop dude, so I can't tell you Sad
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 15 February 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I already looked at my manual its one of those crappy haynes ones and it doesn't tell me anything apart from squeeze the 2 sides and remove. (umm how... would be nice stupid manual)
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 15 February 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
break em off and replace them. i got them from the wreckers for like a buck.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 16 February 2005 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine are fibreglassed into the underside of my bonnet, i only just put a new washer bottle set-up in the other night after not having one for the last 4 or so years. Shocked
damn drivers side one is blocked up, hope i can unblock it with a pin or something, dont wanna hack into the fibreglass.. Laughing

got my brake master cyl re-sleeved, i should have that all in and the system bled tonight (hopefully). booked in for some new tyres next wednesday. feral is slowly getting ready.

hanging to get on the road for this trip. Smile
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 16 February 2005 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joshstix wrote on Tue, 15 February 2005 14:22

davedave wrote on Tue, 15 February 2005 13:38

Edit: I forgot to add, there seems to be a bit of a price difference between the 85-86's and the 87-89's

That's because the early cars are all imports.

all the mr2's are imports just imported by toyota not enthusiest. The reason the 65-86 are cheaper is because in the 87-89's they upgraded alot of parts bigger brakes better interior ect.
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 17 February 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Thu, 17 February 2005 08:36

Joshstix wrote on Tue, 15 February 2005 14:22

davedave wrote on Tue, 15 February 2005 13:38

Edit: I forgot to add, there seems to be a bit of a price difference between the 85-86's and the 87-89's

That's because the early cars are all imports.

all the mr2's are imports just imported by toyota not enthusiest. The reason the 65-86 are cheaper is because in the 87-89's they upgraded alot of parts bigger brakes better interior ect.

Japanese AW11's had the upgrade's mentioned above applied in 1986.American cars had the upgrades applied from 1987 on.
The confusion is created by most of the information available to us on the internet sites being U.S.A based.
Cheers.

[Updated on: Thu, 17 February 2005 03:07]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 17 February 2005 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we have the same spec as the us for the n/a's.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 17 February 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was going down parra road in burwood the other day and there was a sc aw11 for sale for 15k Shocked WTF is up with that!?

It looked stock except for some shitty rims. Whats the going rate for a sc these days? cause if he can get 15k for that i reakon i could get at least 20k for mine Laughing
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 17 February 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
going rate depending on condition would be 7-10k. Well thats what ive seen and what i would pay. 15k is just bullshit.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 17 February 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i agree should be able to get one in good nick from 8-10k shouldnt pay more than 10k.

Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 17 February 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IT HAS LANDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 6 months, 13 days, Toof has finally got to see his car, in person. Finally. Same its in Sydney, with a packed-in alternator. But its here!!!

WOOT! two mr2's in the shed!!

[Updated on: Thu, 17 February 2005 09:47]

superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 17 February 2005 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Thu, 17 February 2005 17:31

going rate depending on condition would be 7-10k. Well thats what ive seen and what i would pay. 15k is just bullshit.

As is the case with any car,they are worth what people will pay.I personally hope more AW11's are sold around that price range as it will drive the price of our cars up.When you look at the car market there is very little competition up against the AW11,the cars are rare,mid engined uncompromised sports cars which are in all probability priced too low at the moment.
I would expect them to become collectable and for demand to exceed availability in the future.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 17 February 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well its finally here.

the saga longer then the great wall of china.

i got the trade plates today with the expectation of driving to sydney picking up the car and driving home. eventually get to sydney with plates in hand. i goto the depot. i can see my car arcross the depot... lined up with all the wrecks. and im starting to worry.

goto the office. give them my details yup all ok sign here yup done one of the guys will be here in a sec to get your car. im looking at the con note and the damage report has scrapes everywhere and marks all over. the condition report was interior, exterior, etc etc all POOR. im thinking oh fuck its been abused duing storage and transit. few mins and a guy comes. talking to him he says ok ill go find your car and i say no need its just over there. we goto the car and he says oh yeah its not running it was running for a bit then stopped. ok so im thinkgin out of fuel. shit fuel. battery stuffed etc. hook his battery onto it. nothing. no kick over. no voltage at the dash nothing. check fuses all looks ok. he says there is an auto eleco on site that works on the trucks so i say yeah send him over. elec has a poke finds a wire that is busted going to the battery. rigs up some wire connects it up. ok we have power to the dash. kick it over. starts up. disconnect the battery and pfft. dies in the arse. ok connect it back up kick it over goes. charge warning light comes on. alternator obvisouly not working. figure it was tow time. got a tow was going to tow to my sisters place in sydney then sort it out later.

talking to the towie he says he will goto newcastle for a good price. so off we go. so here it it in my shed. needing a new alternator and rego.

other then all the hassles ive hit so far she is in nice nick and looks good. few toys on there. MOMO wheel, RAZO pedals, HKS exhaust, TRD radiator cap, genuine Buddy Club P1 rims, near new good year rubber, genuine original toyota emergency flare.

she needs a good clean but other then that WOOP WOOP WOOP she's awesome...

http://members.iinet.net.au/~toof/IMG_2587.JPG
http://members.iinet.net.au/~toof/IMG_2588.JPG
http://members.iinet.net.au/~toof/IMG_2589.JPG
http://members.iinet.net.au/~toof/IMG_2590.JPG
http://members.iinet.net.au/~toof/IMG_2591.JPG
http://members.iinet.net.au/~toof/IMG_2592.JPG
http://members.iinet.net.au/~toof/IMG_2593.JPG
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 17 February 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://members.iinet.net.au/~toof/IMG_2594.JPG
http://members.iinet.net.au/~toof/IMG_2595.JPG
http://members.iinet.net.au/~toof/IMG_2596.JPG
http://members.iinet.net.au/~toof/IMG_2597.JPG
http://members.iinet.net.au/~toof/IMG_2598.JPG
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 17 February 2005 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i hope the price of them stays kinda low enough for me to be able to buy another one. or at least pick one up cheap... Razz
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 17 February 2005 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wish the japs looked after their engine bays a bit better my half cut looked very similar to this and mine had been sitting in a wrecking yard
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 17 February 2005 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeah btw i knwo it sounds silly but have you checked the ic regulator in the boot is connected?
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 17 February 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awwwwwwwww isnt' it cute *new baby voice* Very Happy
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 17 February 2005 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Thu, 17 February 2005 23:59

oh yeah btw i knwo it sounds silly but have you checked the ic regulator in the boot is connected?

no i was fairly fed up with it yesterday so i was happy to just tow it. at least it is here. ill have a look at it tonight after work and see what the story is. something came to me though. it could be a belt issue. whilst froma quikck glance the belts seemed on with enough tension the air con has been worked on so im not sure if he has over tensioned the belt ot something which could be casueing it not to work properly. that said there was no belt slipping noise and i could see it turning the alternator ill get in there tonight and at leats have a better look.
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 18 February 2005 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Nice... yet another AW11 in Newie....
+ bonus HKS cat-back... well done.
We will have to start North Coast AW11's Club soon guys!!!
Cakey
Newcomer

February 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 18 February 2005 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would love to buy my missus an aw11. She wants one but can't afford it at the moment.

Would anyone out there have a idler pulley for a gze I can buy, or know where to get one. I'm not fussed wether it is secondhand or new. Any info would be good. Feral can't find his so I can't steal it off him. Mad
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 18 February 2005 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha that flare isnt old school enough! OI i think someone must of taken mine out of my car. im gonna go look now
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 18 February 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ooop, still there. AHH i know, yours just doesnt have the lid on it...
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 18 February 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof: lid on the flare ? ive never seen one in there before.. our other 2 has the blanking spot for the bracket so i can only assume its a facotry option.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 18 February 2005 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the spot where my flare sits is indented into the plastic body work... so it sits inwards, more flush... wierd all these differences.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 18 February 2005 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof great to see that she has arrived. Well done you scored a HKS cat back so did I. I scored a personal steering wheel. Good luck getting her going. Shame about that. Ill drop round when I get a chance. Busy painting at the moment. 10 foot ceilings SUCK to paint
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 18 February 2005 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys

Can someone please recommend some front struts for my 87 JDM. The current ones are rooted and leak oil. Even after reconditioning.

ALso where can I get them. Are KYB the only suitable strut available in Aus?

My mechanic had problems finding a front strut to suit my car. I thought I would try the lads. I want a sporty/stiff ride.

cheers...
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 18 February 2005 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice buy there toof, betcha cant wait to get it on the road,
those rims looks hot, though i dont think japanese tyres are australian approved, mite need to change it for engineering
hey i got one of them red tubes on the drivers side of my car, never really looked at it though didnt know what it was

Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 19 February 2005 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldmr2, ring boweres suspension and underbody, they are in newcastle. Ive got Koni adjustables all round, they are sexual.
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 19 February 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Before you ring bowers, i think that toof knows someone over there. And we are looking at doing suspension work to both 2's as well.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 19 February 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you wont regret it... i went koni adjustables, king lows, and white line sway bars. its crazy good now.
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 19 February 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey how do you people undo your idler pulleys?

I used a ring spanner but it was double hexed and managed to strip the edges a little, and i cant get any socket over the top of it

so i tryed this:

http://gb.detonated.org/gallery/albums/toyostuff/DCP_3430.sized.jpg
http://gb.detonated.org/gallery/albums/toyostuff/DCP_3432.sized.jpg

Busted ratchet welded to 1$ single hexed socket from bunnings, only problem is now the socket is crap and fudging up, argh this is pissing me off

Phill

[Updated on: Sat, 19 February 2005 04:45]

gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 19 February 2005 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
woohoo just tryed my crappy home made tool again it worked this time Smile

I used a ring spanner on the SC pulley originally and it managed to strip it hardcore Sad but crappy home made tool got it undone Wink
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 19 February 2005 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gearb0x wrote on Sat, 19 February 2005 16:06

woohoo just tryed my crappy home made tool again it worked this time Smile

I used a ring spanner on the SC pulley originally and it managed to strip it hardcore Sad but crappy home made tool got it undone Wink

Dude,you should'nt be using your keyboard as a drip tray. Shocked
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 19 February 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how on earth do you guys work on 4agze's in the back of these things. i got under there today for the first time and decided withing about 2 min that i was going to turbo just to simplify the plumbing.

i tried to get at the alternator but had bucklies. i loosed off the tensioner on the idler. well i assume it was the tensioner Razz (bolt under the idler for the alternator and the air con) loosend the bolt out and the tensioner didnt move. im guessing that the tensioner may be rusted in place a little.. but i imagine it will still be a nightmare to get to. even once i get the belt off.

with the alternators are they are same as the 4age alternator just with a differnt bracket ?
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 19 February 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh and does anyone know what the wanring lights on the dash are ?

when i managed to get mine kicked over it came up with one light i was unsure of... there was a charge light, hand brake light and one in japanese that had no symbol just writing. iirc it was second from the left .. JDM aw11 SC.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 19 February 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check/change your fuel fiter too maybe.

[Updated on: Sat, 19 February 2005 11:52]

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 19 February 2005 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
took the feral for the first strap in a while today. the new exhaust is a little quieter and deffinately restrictive compared to other set-up now it has a cat in it, the cat took the growl outta it too... Sad
looks funny with a roof rack too. Laughing

BTW fat, dont forget i will be there on the 5&6th .... Very Happy

[Updated on: Sat, 19 February 2005 22:38]

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 19 February 2005 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Sat, 19 February 2005 23:22

BTW fat, dont forget i will be there on the 5&6th .... Very Happy

I've got some bad news for you feral Sad My car wont be finished till about mid march. The mechanic whos fixing it goes away on the 26th of this month and doesnt get back till the 9th of march so i wont get it back for at least a couple of days after that Mad
I was even going to leave the old exhaust on it so i wouldnt waste as much time getting it back on the road.

And im not even sure how the engine is at the moment? The parts should have come from japan by now?

I have bought all the new stuff that i need though. Got a new oil cooler and oil lines yesterday, turbo is done, gearbox is done, plenum has been modified, new sump has been modified, new manifold has been made(just needs to be ceramic coated and heat wraped).

Im so shitty but. I worked my ass off to get all this done for when you come and now im getting fucked by the rest of these pricks Mad

Dont worry man, i'll drive it to bundy one day when its done Very Happy
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 20 February 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Sat, 19 February 2005 20:00

i tried to get at the alternator but had bucklies. i loosed off the tensioner on the idler. well i assume it was the tensioner Razz (bolt under the idler for the alternator and the air con) loosend the bolt out and the tensioner didnt move. im guessing that the tensioner may be rusted in place a little.. but i imagine it will still be a nightmare to get to. even once i get the belt off.

Heh, thats what i made that crap tool for, you need to undo the bolt in the middle of the idler as well as it works as a lock nut, if you unbolt the AC compressor and move it to the side u will have easy access to the alternator from underneath Smile
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 20 February 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
something funny happened this afternoon.

A few days ago my pod filter came loose and fell off. I have a boot setup. I fixed it and away I went. This arvo I was driving sort of hard and all of a sudden the accellerator went off by its self. straight to redline. Had to shut it off, Over and over couldnt stop it. Acellerator pedal went limp.

Got out and checked accell cable. All in order. Checked some other shit. I was stumped. I also had no tools with me. Called NRMA. Dude came, checked same shit, then took off intake elbow and low and behold a scotch brite scourer that was in boot, got sucked into the intake pipe when the pod filter had fallen off. It made it all the way to the throttle butterfly and got stuck in there. Had a laugh with the NRMA dude. Got rained on heaps and then had a kabeb.

Hey toof did you get your car sorted?
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 20 February 2005 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Sun, 20 February 2005 22:31

something funny happened this afternoon.

A few days ago my pod filter came loose and fell off. I have a boot setup. I fixed it and away I went. This arvo I was driving sort of hard and all of a sudden the accellerator went off by its self. straight to redline. Had to shut it off, Over and over couldnt stop it. Acellerator pedal went limp.

Got out and checked accell cable. All in order. Checked some other shit. I was stumped. I also had no tools with me. Called NRMA. Dude came, checked same shit, then took off intake elbow and low and behold a scotch brite scourer that was in boot, got sucked into the intake pipe when the pod filter had fallen off. It made it all the way to the throttle butterfly and got stuck in there. Had a laugh with the NRMA dude. Got rained on heaps and then had a kabeb.

Hey toof did you get your car sorted?

Now that is funny,makes me wonder if the enclosure of filters is such a bad engineering rule after all ?
Scotch brite scourer ??? Laughing they are evil i tell ya Evil or Very Mad
Cheers.

[Updated on: Sun, 20 February 2005 11:56]

Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 20 February 2005 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's alive!!

After almost a year of buggering around, mr car fired up on the weekend, I didn't get much more than a quick blat up and down the driveway (it's still way out of tune), but, it works...

Piccies:

http://img214.exs.cx/img214/4411/img26897gs.th.jpg

http://img214.exs.cx/img214/673/img26982qv.th.jpg

http://img214.exs.cx/img214/1149/img27025yn.th.jpg

There is also a sound file here (it's hosted on Geocities, so if anyone could mirror it for me, I'd appreciate it, it's only 256k.. That's revving to about 5500 and hitting 8psi.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 20 February 2005 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That looks awesome dude. I can't wait to see the results when it is all sorted and tuned.

I predict an interesting day at wakefield in my future.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 20 February 2005 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't think I'll make the 5th/6th either Sad

I'd love to see the feral though and catch up for a beverage somewhere.

I got a fair bit done this weekend on the two, but I'm still well behind schedule.

After my little debarcle of mounting it too low (gearbox about 2 inches off the ground), I rejigged the mounts and it's now perfect Very Happy

Top view
http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~mk15/images/IMGP1435_ 800.jpg

Front mount
http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~mk15/images/IMGP1442_ 800.jpg

Rear mount
http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~mk15/images/IMGP1443_ 800.jpg

Sitting pretty
http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~mk15/images/IMGP1444_ 800.jpg

Old clearance Embarassed
http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~mk15/images/IMGP1310_ 800.jpg

New clearance
http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~mk15/images/IMGP1450_ 800.jpg
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 21 February 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I'd love to see the feral though and catch up for a beverage somewhere.

well the feral aint that flash up close (neither me actualy) Laughing but the beverages bit sounds real good. Wink

that does look sweet Ben, it's been a long wait but i bet worth it.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 21 February 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Mon, 21 February 2005 21:08

well the feral aint that flash up close (neither me actualy) :lol

HA HA HA!

Dont cut yourself short Feral Laughing

[Updated on: Mon, 21 February 2005 10:50]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 21 February 2005 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cakey wrote on Fri, 18 February 2005 21:35

I would love to buy my missus an aw11. She wants one but can't afford it at the moment.

Would anyone out there have a idler pulley for a gze I can buy, or know where to get one. I'm not fussed wether it is secondhand or new. Any info would be good. Feral can't find his so I can't steal it off him. Mad

good luck i tried to get one of these no wrecker had one (or would part with one) ch toyota wanted my left nut for one but said they could get it to me in 1 working day as they get them locally?

I eventually found mine sitting in the gutter where it had come off the night before saving me 300+ buks.

Next time it went on with a fresh nut and heaps of lock tight!!!!
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 21 February 2005 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gearb0x wrote on Sat, 19 February 2005 15:31

hey how do you people undo your idler pulleys?

I used a ring spanner but it was double hexed and managed to strip the edges a little, and i cant get any socket over the top of it

Phill

I use an old spanner with a socket welded to the end it aint prettey but it does the job
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 21 February 2005 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben and Dave thats some rad shit!
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 21 February 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll find cakey a s/c idler tensioner pulley, just gotta get time to go around his place and take it off for measurements.

unless he can take it off and bring it in to work for me.... Razz
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 21 February 2005 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Mon, 21 February 2005 22:40

Ben and Dave thats some rad shit!

Cheers Smiley =, will be much rad-der once it's finished and cleaned up

And agreed, Ben, that looks awesome!!!
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 21 February 2005 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, at least mines running - I don't envy you the work you still have left to do....

Looking good though.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 21 February 2005 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, the fun stuff is still to come Rolling Eyes

But it should be awesome when it's done, which is a great motivation. 2 litre torque for pottering about as a daily driver and a nice turbo kick in the pants when giving it a hit. I get a grin just thinking about it.

You'll have to give us more of an update when you get it tuned and out of the driveway!
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 22 February 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben Wilson wrote on Mon, 21 February 2005 08:21

There is also a sound file here (it's hosted on Geocities, so if anyone could mirror it for me, I'd appreciate it, it's only 256k.. That's revving to about 5500 and hitting 8psi.

Is that induction noise??? It sounds like someone making a funny noise everytime you give it a rev. Sounds kewl.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 22 February 2005 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thought i would update my avatar from white wheels to what it is now. Also that black intercooler is tought. Im going to spray my heat exchanger matt black too.
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 22 February 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Spanktown wrote on Tue, 22 February 2005 17:13

Im going to spray my heat exchanger matt black too.

Please tell me its not going to be the fins?
Pages (84): [ «  <  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 14:28:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02312707901001 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.