Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 11 March 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not me !!!

What do i have to do to get a ride ??

By the way what sort of max boost pressures are you GTE owners running ?

SD
  Send a private message to this user    
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 11 March 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adamb131 wrote on Fri, 11 March 2005 12:49

Yeah I think near everyone on this thread has been for a ride in the feral by now. I was impressed that the little beast still pulls nicely with all that added weight from the kit and subs... and spare tyre rack!

Crying or Very Sad Not me, i had to go to work.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 11 March 2005 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Fri, 11 March 2005 12:53

Not me !!!

What do i have to do to get a ride ??

By the way what sort of max boost pressures are you GTE owners running ?

SD

Do you give head Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I havent been in it yet Crying or Very Sad dont worry, my turn is coming!

Its all good john, i'll swap you.....you take me for a ride in yours and i'll take you for a ride in mine Cool

PIMP'N!!!!

Oh, mine runs 20 psi
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 11 March 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oi fat, can you find out what oil the gearbox people are or have put in your gearbox, and if anyone has the BGB for the GZE mr2, see what oil it reccomends for it?
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 11 March 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The guys that rebuilt my box left it empty so when it gets filled up at the mechanics i'll tell ya.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 11 March 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Fri, 11 March 2005 18:18

oi fat, can you find out what oil the gearbox people are or have put in your gearbox, and if anyone has the BGB for the GZE mr2, see what oil it reccomends for it?

I have the BGB for the 89 GE & GZE MR2, but it's with my car. I'll look tomorrow when I'm working on it.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 12 March 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks davedave. Confirmed what a PDF told me on the net that i found. Well i bought some oil, and ill be putting it in now. Wish me luck fellas. Sad
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 12 March 2005 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, i decided i mosewell get some redline oil AGAIN (so it wont crunch) so i rang up autobarn in auburn at 3:47, the guy said oh yeah we have it in stock, sweet i thought... "but we close at 4 sir, although i will be here till 20 past". FUCK!, better get there fast. Lindfield to auburn is easy 35min drive. Cained it there, and got there at 4:17 hahahaahaha poor honda civic.
Anyhow, got some redline mt90 oil, which is gl4 sae 75-90, which the BGB says to get (thanks davedave). I put the oil in the car and took it for a short drive, no crunching and wait a second, no clunks either! woot woot! I'll take it for a longer drive later tonight to see if its actually cured the problem.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 12 March 2005 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the honda must be SPOON powered!

hey how much for the mt90??
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 12 March 2005 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
119 Mad
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 12 March 2005 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DAMN!
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 13 March 2005 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys im keen to replace all my bushings and add a rear sway bar

http://twosrus.com/new/images/Purchased_Products/HighandTight/full-kit.jpg

http://twosrus.com/new/images/Purchased_Products/HighandTight/19mm_redSwayBar_Links.jpg

Where can i get this gear from in AUS? Prices? Thanks geezers
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 13 March 2005 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bowers are the ones to talk to. ive got to organise suspension for our two two's but its been more of a time/cash issue atm./
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 13 March 2005 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just get them from http://www.twosrus.com/
im not sure if they are expensive or not but i know there delivery is quick. took them only one week to send me over my window gear
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 13 March 2005 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fantastic! haha, the 'other' bad noise from the rear of my car turns out to be a wheel bearing. God damn, the pile of shit just falls more and more apart. So has anyone changed a bearing or should i just get a monkey to do it for me?
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 13 March 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got them monkey done. but if your wheel hubs need replcing like ours did they interchange with those from an ae92 rolla.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 13 March 2005 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what did it set ya back?
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 13 March 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
left rear went so decided to do both at the same time.

bearings ~$80 side
hub from toyota new was $180 - got it for $60 from the wreckers (for a rolla)
labour was $100 per side at mates rates. i was happy to pay it as i dont have a press to do em.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 13 March 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Sun, 13 March 2005 16:00

God damn, the pile of shit just falls more and more apart.

I rest my case............ Very Happy
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 13 March 2005 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Sun, 13 March 2005 16:53

God damn, the pile of shit just falls more and more apart.

I rest my case............ Very Happy

LOL
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 13 March 2005 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

fantastic! haha, the 'other' bad noise from the rear of my car turns out to be a wheel bearing. God damn, the pile of shit just falls more and more apart. So has anyone changed a bearing or should i just get a monkey to do it for me?

maybe take everything apart yourself and just pay for the pressing part only, that way will be cheaper

my right rear wheel bearings has very slight movement eversince i got the car, though funnily enough even with all the launches and hard driving i do it hasnt got worst, i consider changing it when i start hearing noise
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 13 March 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Sat, 12 March 2005 20:58

ok, i decided i mosewell get some redline oil AGAIN (so it wont crunch) so i rang up autobarn in auburn at 3:47, the guy said oh yeah we have it in stock, sweet i thought... "but we close at 4 sir, although i will be here till 20 past". FUCK!, better get there fast. Lindfield to auburn is easy 35min drive. Cained it there, and got there at 4:17 hahahaahaha poor honda civic.
Anyhow, got some redline mt90 oil, which is gl4 sae 75-90, which the BGB says to get (thanks davedave). I put the oil in the car and took it for a short drive, no crunching and wait a second, no clunks either! woot woot! I'll take it for a longer drive later tonight to see if its actually cured the problem.

this sounds like the stuff i need to buy once i get my leaking problem sorted.
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 13 March 2005 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i use syntrax GL5 oil in my E51 never crunch but im wondering about the LSD. how do i know if its working or not? i never do track racing and hardly ever thrash my car around corners so whats the difference with LSD compare to non LSD? i just want to make sure the oil doesnt damage any component

when on the street with normal street tyre pressures, on hard launches the backend kicks out to one side for a second before it straightens itself, is it normal? do i need better tyres? never happens at wsid though
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 13 March 2005 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mk1sc wrote on Sun, 13 March 2005 22:50

i use syntrax GL5 oil in my E51 never crunch but im wondering about the LSD. how do i know if its working or not? i never do track racing and hardly ever thrash my car around corners so whats the difference with LSD compare to non LSD? i just want to make sure the oil doesnt damage any component

when on the street with normal street tyre pressures, on hard launches the backend kicks out to one side for a second before it straightens itself, is it normal? do i need better tyres? never happens at wsid though

Hiya mate,get that puppy on some grass and launch it at about half race speed and then check the marks left behind.
You want to see two wheel traction marks to varify L.S.D.
Considering that your car is a JDM SC i think you can safely assume you have an L.S.D rear end.
Regards Superaw11.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 13 March 2005 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
superaw11 wrote on Sun, 13 March 2005 23:02

Hiya mate,get that puppy on some grass and launch it at about half race speed and then check the marks left behind.
You want to see two wheel traction marks to varify L.S.D.
Considering that your car is a JDM SC i think you can safely assume you have an L.S.D rear end.
Regards Superaw11.

wtf is half race speed?

aparantly not all jdm aw11sc's have lsd's and mr2's dont have rear axels.

lsd eqipped aw11's from my experience normally snap out to the side a bit usually to the left on my car.
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 13 March 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am pretty sure its LSD, because with the rear jacked up and drive both wheels go same direction, plus my manufacturer plates says its E51 which is LSD.

i just want to know if its working properly. like what will i feel difference between LSD and non LSD say driving it around corners etc... i know when i first got the car on tight very slow turns whole car vibrates, but never happened since i put this oil in
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 13 March 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the best way to figure out i find is a nice corner in a backsteer which is nice and wide i come into the corner at about 20-30km/h put it in first rev the engine and drop the clutch. If the car snaps into oversteer instantly i know its openwheeling if i get major understeer then snap oversteer i know the lsd is working then i drive round the block and if there is only one black line then that confirms its openwheeling and vice verca.

probably not the most responsible way but it works for me.
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 13 March 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on the topic of AW11s, on GT4 its my only active car in my garage. so far its 213kw and 13.3 ET top speed 240km/hr at default gear ratios. i still find it so hard to compete in event like professional league etc... only tournamont i was ablt to complete was japanese compaq, and small car sunday. even the MR event was difficult
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 13 March 2005 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i found the mr event difficult but i find cheating easier cut the corners and ram ur competition Evil or Very Mad
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 14 March 2005 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The MR event is difficult. I find the secret is to make sure that if there are any NSX's in the race make sure they are starting from position 4 or 5 then get in front of them straight away. The NSX will just flog everyone if it gets out in front early in the race.

mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 14 March 2005 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah MR event those NSX are so fast. i've got gold cup in first 2 race and silver in the last 3. one of the NSX just has so much top end like it made a mistake was behind then on the straight it kept goin forward overtook me

my aw11 is almost complete now, just need stage 3 engine tune, aftermarket tyres and those rollcage stuff. btw how do i use NOS?

had a shot at that last track on world courses, "nurbring...." (sp?) and crashed every 2nd corner haha. ended 9min 2sec. cars so unstable at high speed aswell
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 14 March 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was having trouble getting gold on the lisense test with the mini on tsukuba or whatever its called. i have gold on the rest tho.
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 14 March 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mk1sc wrote on Sun, 13 March 2005 23:12

i am pretty sure its LSD, because with the rear jacked up and drive both wheels go same direction, plus my manufacturer plates says its E51 which is LSD.

i just want to know if its working properly. like what will i feel difference between LSD and non LSD say driving it around corners etc... i know when i first got the car on tight very slow turns whole car vibrates, but never happened since i put this oil in

Going by what you said you definitely have an LSD and its definitely working properly. If it is vibrating at low speeds and whilst turning it might even be a very tight LSD (like mine Very Happy )

Accelerate hard at full lock and it should swing out pretty easy. (But do it in a large area incase it pushes forward)
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 14 March 2005 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on very tight low speed cornering read parking/3 point turns, does your 'tight' lsd get a bit of chatter? not from the tyres but from the lsd itself?
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 14 March 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i used to get vibration heaps with old oil i used, doesnt even need to be 3point turn, i just accelerate out of a kerbside parking spot slowly and panel starts shaking til i hit bout 10km/hr or straighten up the car.

with the oil im using now never felt it vibrate. i mean i probably wont take any advantage of lsd function but still want to keep it in good condition

man i live innerwest syd, can barely fit my car thru most street, so yeah never had the chance to do a full lock and punch it kind of move Very Happy
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 15 March 2005 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All the guys on here that have changed gearbox oil do you recall... How much new oil do I need...?
also wheres the fill point...?
I'm gonna order some redline oil today but forgot to check my BGB for fluid qty's.
Thanks.!
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 15 March 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 22:20

on very tight low speed cornering read parking/3 point turns, does your 'tight' lsd get a bit of chatter? not from the tyres but from the lsd itself?

no when negotiating parking spots and 3 point turns the diff works normally, it really only locks up when I start to put some more power through it. (ie more power than required to park the car). So if I accelerate moderately away from a curb and turn tightly I can feel it working in much the same way as mk1sc is describing how his is working

[Updated on: Tue, 15 March 2005 03:32]

mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 15 March 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Tue, 15 March 2005 04:48]

mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 15 March 2005 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adamb131 wrote on Tue, 15 March 2005 11:29

All the guys on here that have changed gearbox oil do you recall... How much new oil do I need...?
also wheres the fill point...?
I'm gonna order some redline oil today but forgot to check my BGB for fluid qty's.
Thanks.!

4.0L give or take 0.1L, thats more than my engine oil Shocked

easy fill point is 24mm bolt on top of box under i/c. u still need to take of the proper filler hole which is 24mm bolt also halfway up the box to see when to stop filling
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 15 March 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey took my car into exhaust place told them to change my damaged muffler. told me probably only thing will fit up there is a truck muffler, straight thru, about 2-2.25" similar to stock size maybe abit shorter. about 200 bucks, is that alrite? told them i wanted use my exisiting tip

also i will be going turbo sometimes this yr, just a simple setup using factory ecu and running about 14psi max. will this muffler and my standard exhaust system be alrite?
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 15 March 2005 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
truck mufflers are old days man, the guy doesnt know what he is talking about. there are lots of different mufflers that'll fit. go to a decent auto parts shop and check out the range of Walker/Luckey mufflers, they make a very nice stainless 'ultra flo' muffler range. (if they are nice enough to let you look in their book).

the E51 should take 4.2liters of oil, cant quite remember how much the C52 takes. same as mk1sc said, easier to fill from the breather or the other bolt doobie thats on top of the box.
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 15 March 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey feral, so is there any disadvantage with truck mufflers? im not after looks so stainless polish or shape really doesnt bother me thats y im using the old tip aswell. my only concern is cost and noise. that 200 bucks included labour and any brackets needed. and he said it wont be much louder if any than my current one

so do u know of the specific lurkey/walker that will fit up the factory position? whats average price one of these neway?
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 15 March 2005 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got a custom made 22 inch one out of stainless for $220.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 15 March 2005 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi
I would like to change my gearbox oil. Where can I get some syntrax GL5. How much?

[Updated on: Tue, 15 March 2005 08:25]

mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 15 March 2005 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Tue, 15 March 2005 18:37

Hi
I would like to change my gearbox oil. Where can I get some syntrax GL5. How much?

syntrax is $22/L from my local autoone store, cheaper for trade price. they usually have heaps on the shelf. local repco quoted me $28 and that was discounted already and they had to go into storage to grab one for me to see maybe it wasnt a popular product.
so i guess its different between stores
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 15 March 2005 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i want to get some redline oil for mine to see if it will sort out my crunches. go give me a week or so and ill hunt down some of that see if we can get decent price for two boxes worth.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 15 March 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got my wheel bearing done and a new hub... i bet you something else does in the next few days.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 15 March 2005 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Tue, 15 March 2005 21:35

i want to get some redline oil for mine to see if it will sort out my crunches. go give me a week or so and ill hunt down some of that see if we can get decent price for two boxes worth.

If you get stuff that's compatible with a LSD equipped E153 (I'll do my research later today) then I'm up for 5 litres of the stuff also.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 16 March 2005 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha didnt you guys read my post? I bought superlightwieght shockproof before, and it was non lsd compliant unless you have a race car, even with their additive it sucked. BUT it did stop the crunches instantly. Now i put in MT90 75-90 and it doesnt crunch either and is heaps heaps better with the LSD. Redline oil is FRICKEN awesome. You can get it at coventry auto parts or auburn autobarn....
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 16 March 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys just out of curiosity I changed my gearbox oil today. I used Castrol GL90 or something like that. Recommended for Jap and Euro LSD boxes pre 1992.

My shifting feels the same but it completely cured my 1st gear LSD shudder!! Im heaps happy it was really starting to get to me. It was quite a violent shudder. I hope it lasts.

Yes, I know, I went the cheap route $29.95
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 16 March 2005 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im still getting shudder, /clunking, but its %80 better, im hoping it will 'wear' in and stop completely.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 16 March 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that other 20% just adds to the GHETTONESS of your car! Razz
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 16 March 2005 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats right! cops dont pull me over because they think my car is a POS.... Rolling Eyes
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 16 March 2005 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Wed, 16 March 2005 20:12

thats right! cops dont pull me over because they think my car is a POS.... Rolling Eyes

I never knew that the cops and i saw things on the same level....... Rolling Eyes
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 16 March 2005 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha, no you usually see cops at around waist level.... Twisted Evil
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 16 March 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chick cops Cool
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 16 March 2005 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i tried to chase up some redline oil today *noone* has any. i thinkive tracked down someone who sells it in newcastle but i only thought of them after 5. so ill call them tomorrow

i was talking to a mate and he gives the thumbs up to NEO oil. his exact words were "i havent broken a gearbox since i started using it"

he did mention that the redline oil is a gooey horrible mess that you basically cant get off components so you pretty much have to stick to redline oil and dont really have the option to change. whereas the NEO is "almost like water" im thinking that the gooier oil may be better for sorting out this syncro problem as it will give a better cushioning effect in the gearbox. im going to go and have a chat to the supplier on friday and see what they think.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 16 March 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn straight its sticky. i drained out my old redline oil, and put it in a clear 4 litre container, some of it splashed above its level, when i came back the next day it was still on the side of the bottle where it had splashed up....
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 17 March 2005 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Wed, 16 March 2005 20:20

Spanktown wrote on Wed, 16 March 2005 20:12

I never knew that the cops and i saw things on the same level....... Rolling Eyes

ROFL Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

[Updated on: Thu, 17 March 2005 06:16]

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 17 March 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
He really should think about things before he says them..... Laughing
Pages (84): [ «  <  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:14:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.021585941314697 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.