Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 26 March 2005 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Sat, 26 March 2005 15:50

did you get the manifold from your car?

I havent even got my car yet!
  Send a private message to this user    
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 26 March 2005 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your a stupid punk! Twisted Evil
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 26 March 2005 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Sat, 26 March 2005 22:35

your a stupid punk! Twisted Evil

HAHA!

You'll have it in time. Dont pee your pants..... Laughing

dr trim
Regular

March 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 27 March 2005 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i just found this thread.

Name:
Mike

Car:
AW11 Aussie delivered NA 88' stocker

Specs:
Fixed aerial- the only thing that isn't stock, which i'll remove Laughing

http://www.adam.com.au/snerf/my_mr2/sunset-close.JPG
http://www.adam.com.au/snerf/my_mr2/mr2.JPG

dno what im gonna do with her, at the moment im just driving. Coz as a first year apprentice i have $0 Sad
ideas are to go fast Very Happy
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 27 March 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys there are some questions I need answered about the Supercharged engine in the AW11

1. Do they have T-VIS?
2. Are they coil pack or dizzy?
3. Also did they ever come with Air Con?

under certain circumstances (long story) I am looking at a cheap way to boost my 2, now this may involve a supercharger, but the gear with it is an AFM model, but it doesn't have tvis and has coil packs, but I don't know what it came out of.

I am wondering this because I am not sure if this is a smallport or bigport head.

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 27 March 2005 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The supercharged mr2's came with the following

No t-vis
bigport head
afm
dizzy
and all the ones ive seen had a/c

Other 4AGZE's (ones that were in the levin corollas) had

Smallport head
no t-vis
map sensored
coil packs
and a/c as far as ive seen

also no 4agze's had t-vis as it wasnt needed with a supercharger creating boost just off idle and the t-vis butterflies could also become dislodged in a boosted application.

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 27 March 2005 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice thanks man, ok a few more questions

ok then were does the aircon mount on the gze aw11? cause unlike the ge the alternator is at the front right? is the AC above it? does the ge and gze have a differant fron bracket?

Does anybody have for sale a 4agze ECU and 4agze loom out of an AW11 that they no longer want, I could use one other wise I will be using this levin ecu and loom, I don't think that should effect it much though.

[Updated on: Sun, 27 March 2005 10:59]

toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 27 March 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok guys the parts from twos are us have left and are on their way.

exchange rate came in at 1.35 at least thats what my credit card company charged it though to me at.
shipping was $US80.

ill work out what everyone owes once it gets through customs as i dont know what duty will get charged.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 27 March 2005 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
air con mounts in same place. alternator mounts above air con under the dizzy.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 27 March 2005 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Sun, 27 March 2005 19:52

Does anybody have for sale a 4agze ECU and 4agze loom out of an AW11 that they no longer want, I could use one other wise I will be using this levin ecu and loom, I don't think that should effect it much though.

i have a gze computer.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 27 March 2005 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Sun, 27 March 2005 19:52

nice thanks man, ok a few more questions

ok then were does the aircon mount on the gze aw11? cause unlike the ge the alternator is at the front right? is the AC above it? does the ge and gze have a differant fron bracket?

the gze air con on the afm gze is mounted on the exhaust side and yes the ge bracket is different and will not fit onto the gze as long as its supercharged. You might have a problem running the levin ecu if you are using the afm gze although im not sure about this.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 27 March 2005 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fat i find that avatar really offending Laughing
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 27 March 2005 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Mike nice looking Car bro!!!
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 27 March 2005 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Mon, 28 March 2005 02:33

fat i find that avatar really offending Laughing

Really...... GOOD Very Happy

Well, does it make it look fat?
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 27 March 2005 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey drtrim,

Nice ride.

Dont worry about performance to much man. Just save up and do it right. No "GHETTO" shit!
And one day you car will be as quick as Spanktowns......I think he has the fastest one at the moment? Could even be Feral?

toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 27 March 2005 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think erin is finally approving my turbo idea after feral took her for a spin Smile
dr trim
Regular

March 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 27 March 2005 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer the idea is to save a number of $g's and then spend it on a boosted engine/transplant/engineering.
im half keen on the idea of making a 4agte out of a gze. Anyone have any serious problems? does the turbo hit the firewall? I'm not a turbo ricer, it's just the idea of more power is more appealing over the SC. Shocked

I'm looking at making my car run 13.7-14.0's.
What sort of things have u guys done? im very interested. if a SC can pull those times, without stretching it too much i may even stick with the SC.
Help a noob in need Smile
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 27 March 2005 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just turbo it. Its not hard. You just need a manifold and a dump pipe. Granted its hard to find someone who makes them but by the time you get around to doing this to your car i may have built another one so you might be lucky Rolling Eyes

This is what you will need:

2.5 inch exhaust
exhaust manifold
t28 (can be bb or not)
your standard ge manifold
a wta cooler ( pwr make a nice one )
After market computer would be nice just so you can have it running a little better (and you can loose the afm)
bigger injectors

I dare say you would be looking at about 120 - 150 kwatw right there.

Perfect Very Happy
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 28 March 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*woop woop woop*

our parts are getting closer....

Quote:

Your item left the United States from KENNEDY AMC at 12:47 pm on March 26, 2005.

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 28 March 2005 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey Fat how much you after for that ECU? that could make my ignition problem a bit easier.

4agte, man I have found a bit of info, apparently the engine i am looking at is a bigport, AFM, with coil packs from a early 1990 AE92. in late 90 they changed to the map.

the idea I am looking at is bolting all supercharging gear (and everything else needed onto my NA engine, making a Hi-comp supercharged engine. I have all the stuff I need to do this available to me, the prob I have run into now though is the ignition side, because it is coil pack, this may not effect it because I have the comp to run it, but tacho won't pick up the twin signal.

I was thinking if I got the AW11 gze ecu I could keep the dizzy, this would overcome a couple of problems. the only thing I have to find now is if the AE92 gze loom has the same ecu pins as the AW11 gze loom. because unless I get a AW11 loom, I will be using the AE92 loom.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 28 March 2005 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Mon, 28 March 2005 10:57

hey Fat how much you after for that ECU? that could make my ignition problem a bit easier.

4agte, man I have found a bit of info, apparently the engine i am looking at is a bigport, AFM, with coil packs from a early 1990 AE92. in late 90 they changed to the map.

the idea I am looking at is bolting all supercharging gear (and everything else needed onto my NA engine, making a Hi-comp supercharged engine. I have all the stuff I need to do this available to me, the prob I have run into now though is the ignition side, because it is coil pack, this may not effect it because I have the comp to run it, but tacho won't pick up the twin signal.

I was thinking if I got the AW11 gze ecu I could keep the dizzy, this would overcome a couple of problems. the only thing I have to find now is if the AE92 gze loom has the same ecu pins as the AW11 gze loom. because unless I get a AW11 loom, I will be using the AE92 loom.

ahh ok man didnt know they used afm in the levin (guess u learn something new every day)

do you have a 4agze block or do you just have the supercharger etc.

If you have the s/c block then i would advise running this as with the s/c compression wont be an issue.

You could allways save yourself the hassle with the loom by using an aftermarket tacho.
dr trim
Regular

March 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 28 March 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Mon, 28 March 2005 09:29

Just turbo it. Its not hard. You just need a manifold and a dump pipe. Granted its hard to find someone who makes them but by the time you get around to doing this to your car i may have built another one so you might be lucky Rolling Eyes

2.5 inch exhaust
exhaust manifold
t28 (can be bb or not)
After market computer would be nice just so you can have it running a little better (and you can loose the afm)
bigger injectors

Perfect Very Happy

so do u mean do all this to the current GE engine in there? it's in good condition, but what about lowering the compression?
do i need a different loom aswell?
what does afm mean sorry Embarassed

do u put the intercooler in the standard SC position?

-mike
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 28 March 2005 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no I could get the block but its done a bearing, so I was just gonna bolt all the gear onto my na bottom end, I know it is hi-comp, but it shouldn't be a problem if I don't run more than stock boost. (what is it 8psi?) and you wouldn't want to cause that would make a lot of torque. to overcome any problems assosiated with pinging, which it is sucsectable to, I am going to run a water injection system on it.

I spent the whole weekend at the toymods jamberoo event talking to experts and susing out problems an cures, I am pretty sure its all sorted, unless some unknown ones come up during the swap.

I could use an aftermarket tacho, but that would be very rice bitch.
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 28 March 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dr trim wrote on Mon, 28 March 2005 09:47

yer the idea is to save a number of $g's and then spend it on a boosted engine/transplant/engineering.
im half keen on the idea of making a 4agte out of a gze. Anyone have any serious problems? does the turbo hit the firewall? I'm not a turbo ricer, it's just the idea of more power is more appealing over the SC. Shocked

I'm looking at making my car run 13.7-14.0's.
What sort of things have u guys done? im very interested. if a SC can pull those times, without stretching it too much i may even stick with the SC.
Help a noob in need Smile

dude u dont need turbo to get them times. my car: std s/c aw11 + 11psi = 14.5 & 9.2 for the 1/4 and 1/8. gimme i/c, exhaust, bigger tyres and i'll do flat 14s for u

but dont expect low down torque unless u have aftermarker computer, my car doesnt kick in til after 4000rpm, i hardly ever use 5th gear unless on the motorway

but since your n/a then more cost effective to go straight to turbo. this is where im heading aswell, hopefully end of this yr

very clean car btw. i get depressed everytime i see another nice looking aw11, then look at my own Sad
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 28 March 2005 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Mon, 28 March 2005 12:56

no I could get the block but its done a bearing, so I was just gonna bolt all the gear onto my na bottom end, I know it is hi-comp, but it shouldn't be a problem if I don't run more than stock boost. (what is it 8psi?) and you wouldn't want to cause that would make a lot of torque. to overcome any problems assosiated with pinging, which it is sucsectable to, I am going to run a water injection system on it.

I spent the whole weekend at the toymods jamberoo event talking to experts and susing out problems an cures, I am pretty sure its all sorted, unless some unknown ones come up during the swap.

I could use an aftermarket tacho, but that would be very rice bitch.

you should speak to feral as he has turboed his 4age using the stock gze computer gze knock sensor retapped into the block makes good power and he is running 12 psi with near stock compression.

you dont need a tacho just shift on the limiter Laughing
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 28 March 2005 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dr trim wrote on Mon, 28 March 2005 12:53

fatmr2 wrote on Mon, 28 March 2005 09:29

2.5 inch exhaust
exhaust manifold
t28 (can be bb or not)
bigger injectors

Perfect Very Happy

so do u mean do all this to the current GE engine in there? it's in good condition, but what about lowering the compression?
do i need a different loom aswell?
what does afm mean sorry Embarassed

do u put the intercooler in the standard SC position?

-mike

From what i have heard (dont take this a gospel but) the 7 rib ge and the gze have the same internals bar the pistons. So all you would have to do is buy some gze pistons and put them in your ge and there you have it.
This is easy to find out, just go to toyota and ask to see engine part numbers for the ge and gze.

BUT....

On the other hand, if you buy a half cut you get the injectors,lsd, axels and all that other shit with it. And you can sell off the super charger and other bits you dont need and you'll get a bit of money back.

ALTHOUGH.....

If you are going to do a total rebuild on the engine like i did then a half cut is a bit of a waste. ( all i used out of the halfcut was the bare gze engine(block and head) gearbox and driveshafts. Everything else on my car is custom made or aftermarket. So you should just see if you can pick up a gze with box and driveshafts.

As you will find out along the way, there are many ways of doing things but only one way will suit you. Other people will tell you to do this and that but at the end of the day its really up to what you want and can afford.
If i could do it all again, i would buy a gze engine, box and driveshafts, build that engine up while still driving my car around. I would source all the parts i need to get it going as a gte and then proceed with a swap.

If i did that then i wouldnt have been with out a car for 2 years..... Confused What a dumb ass! oh well, you live and you learn Smile

OH, i just remembered! If you can weld and can make the manifold and that yourself then get the half cut. You can make the full turbo kit for your car on the halfcut while you still drive around in your car! then when its time to swap it over you know it will all fit and the time your car is off the road will be minimal

Im not just a pretty face Laughing

[Updated on: Mon, 28 March 2005 06:08]

dr trim
Regular

March 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 28 March 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i my ideas were to buy another gze, do all the turbo work and swap it over with my current. as u said to keep my mr2 on the road for the most time possible.

all engine mounts n stuff are the same or..?
what's different between the boltup of a GE to a GZE?
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 28 March 2005 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You will need to make a new passenger side gearbox mount.

I dont care what people say, it is dodgy as to slot the mount!!!!

As the SC box sits higher you will need to remake the mount. All i did was remake the one on the box. Easy as. That is the only thing that isnt the same.

Depending on weather you get the SC engine lid or not, the latch sits in a different spot . As you will see with yours, it sits to the left whereas the SC one sits in the middle.

These are the only two things that i had to change.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 28 March 2005 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you get the rear cut will the mount from the SC mount into the NA chasis without modding or does it still require mods ?
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 28 March 2005 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Mon, 28 March 2005 17:28

if you get the rear cut will the mount from the SC mount into the NA chasis without modding or does it still require mods ?

Sorry but no!

I tried every way i could to mount it in there. The only way is to remake the mount that bolts to the gearbox OR take the chassis mount off the SC cut and weld that on to the chassis of the NA.

They are the only options.

Changing the mount that bolts to the Gear box is a whole lot easier than cuting shit off the car.

TRUST ME.

[Updated on: Mon, 28 March 2005 07:35]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 28 March 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Mon, 28 March 2005 17:33

Sorry but no!

I tried every way i could to mount it in there. The only way is to remake the mount that bolts to the gearbox OR take the chassis mount off the SC cut and weld that on to the chassis of the NA.

Changing the mount that bolts to the Gear box is a whole lot easier than cuting shit off the car.

TRUST ME.

there is an easier way and this is what i did.

Simply use the n/a gearbox mount on the s/c gearbox. Works a treat an i was able to use the n/a shifter cables (even tho ive been told that the shifter cables are exactly the same from s/c to n/a.

Everything lines up perfectly.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 28 March 2005 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Mon, 28 March 2005 18:29

fatmr2 wrote on Mon, 28 March 2005 17:33

Sorry but no!

TRUST ME.

there is an easier way and this is what i did.

Simply use the n/a gearbox mount on the s/c gearbox. Works a treat an i was able to use the n/a shifter cables (even tho ive been told that the shifter cables are exactly the same from s/c to n/a.

Everything lines up perfectly.

I found that the na mount and sc mount have different positions with different holes.Only two of the three holes lined up when i did that on mine? Well, thats the way it was in my car anyway. So it was just easier to make a new one.
As for the shifter cables, you can use the NA ones but it sits the shifter forward a little more than usual. With mine, it loos like it is in 1st gear but it is actually in neutral. No biggie, just have to set to a few bits with a die grinder to free up a little more room.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 28 March 2005 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Mon, 28 March 2005 09:33

And one day you car will be as quick as Spanktowns......I think he has the fastest one at the moment? Could even be Feral?

line me up against Paddy anytime... Twisted Evil

and whats wrong with ghetto? !!

wiso, if you got the whole 4agze ecu, loom, dizzy, fuel pressure reg, injectors blah blah.. i could see no reason for the blower not to work on the standard 4age (it would have to be damn torquey too), but i would maybe run the base timing a little lower than 10 degrees at first until you see how it runs.
i have lowered the c/r on my 4age engine for my turbo set-up, and only because i still use all the 4agze gear and cant tune it. if i had aftermarket engine management i would of kept it 9.4:1.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 29 March 2005 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just get over it guys you all know your cars are slow i can beat you all on my pushie 21 gears of thunder!!!

has anyone played around with a smaller supercharger pulley as opposed to the larger crank pulley. looking around it looks like the stock ae101 sc12 pulley is smaller and still clutch operated. can anyone confirm or deny that this is such a pulley...

http://members.iinet.net.au/~toof/sc12.jpg

either that or i was thinkning of possibly looking for an air con pulley that should be clutch operated and try and find somethign smaller ???
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 29 March 2005 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys,

I am less than happy that i missed Sunday, hope to catch up soon.

Need to sort out some tyre / wheel issues i am being stuffed around anyone know a good wheel tyre outlet near Sutherland ??

Also the speedo stopped working yesterday a strange whirring noise in the centre of the car then it just stopped. at first i was annoyed but know i think its good. Firstly i am not putting any ks on the car and second i can drive as fast as i like !!!

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET !!

In the short term i am happy to have any AW11 owners at my place for a get together or for a weekend cruise i am in Sutherland

Let me know
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 29 March 2005 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you might struggle to find an A/C pulley with a strong enough clutch not to slip when running a supercharger.

The 101 pulley is definately smaller than the AW11 one but I have no idea about identifying them.

Ogura do make smaller supercharger pulleys in Japan but I have never seen one for sale. I have seen a solid pulley turned up for the AW11 supercharger before that had the blower pushing 14 PSI on a standard AW11 crank pulley.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 29 March 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Tue, 29 March 2005 06:52

wiso, if you got the whole 4agze ecu, loom, dizzy, fuel pressure reg, injectors blah blah.. i could see no reason for the blower not to work on the standard 4age (it would have to be damn torquey too), but i would maybe run the base timing a little lower than 10 degrees at first until you see how it runs.
i have lowered the c/r on my 4age engine for my turbo set-up, and only because i still use all the 4agze gear and cant tune it. if i had aftermarket engine management i would of kept it 9.4:1.

thanks man, thats basically my plan, one qustion for you though man what did you do about the knock sensor? cause obviosly 4age don't have them, I have that part aswell, but how'd you go about putting it onto the block, do we have the hole there already? I got the 7 rib block.

Yeah there is nothing wrong with ghetto, my car will be pretty ghetto when done, especially since I am doing a few hundred dollar supercharger setup Very Happy
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 29 March 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well that pulley is supposedly from an ae101 but to me it looks like a solid pulley not a clutch operated one.
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 29 March 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Tue, 29 March 2005 13:42

well that pulley is supposedly from an ae101 but to me it looks like a solid pulley not a clutch operated one.

That is not all of the pulley. That part is the actual clutch piece and is always connected to the supercharger lobes. The part that the belt wraps around freespins when the SC is OFF. When the electro-magnet is engaged it pulls the larger (outer) disc (refer to your picture) inwards to make contact with the 'now-no-longer-free-spinning pulley' thus engaging the supercharger and spinning the lobes.

PS the AE101 did have a smaller pulley by about 1cm in diameter than the larger pulley. I would know as I have one along with the rest of an AE101 engine Very Happy and have also compared the size to a standard SC MR2.
I don't think they actually changed the clutch part you have pictured, just the freespinning pulley.

This smaller pulley combined with a 175mm crank pulley has the SC spinning around 1500rpm faster than stock combination at 6000rpm Evil or Very Mad

[Updated on: Tue, 29 March 2005 05:37]

Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 29 March 2005 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joshstix wrote on Tue, 29 March 2005 12:58

I think you might struggle to find an A/C pulley with a strong enough clutch not to slip when running a supercharger.

I'm not so sure about that. Air Conditioner pumps produce quite a bit of resistance when they are on. Why do you think AC's suck so much power from the engine when on.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 29 March 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive looked breifly in the epc and the part numbers are definantly all different for the clutch, pulley, cover etc.

so there is a definante difference between them im really interested in if they are interchangabe....

if they are there is even the possiblity of sourcing them new from toyota... im sure the price would be silly but its worth at minimum looking into.

benjamin: is your ae101 engine dissasembled or currently in your two ? as im keen to compare them and see what id need to purchase from toyota to make the swap...

i didnt really think about an air con pulley not holding the power.. the SC draws... what aboout 20hp to spin it? correct? i couldnt imagine the aircon drawing that much..
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 29 March 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my car is currently running at the moment (THANK GOD)

But I have previously taken the supercharger apart. The only reason I could see for the parts not being interchangeable is if the splined parts are different, which I would say is highly unlikely. The splined shaft passes directly through one of the supercharger lobes and having different types would be a pointless exercise in wasting money.

Regarding the part numbers maybe the clutch was different to accomodate the smaller pulley. I wouldn't be suprised if the part numbers match any from air con units...
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 29 March 2005 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well the parts numbers between the ae92/aw11 match.. as expected but they dont match to the ae101

they dont however match the part numbers for the air con.. they seem to be specific s/c parts Sad

does anyone have the remnants of an ae101 charger they want to lemme have a look at for the process of determining if it'll fit ???
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 29 March 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got aircon shit lying around from my conversion if it helps at all.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 29 March 2005 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could you measure the diameter of the pulley from the air con you have ? if its smaller and it looks like it'll fit im keen to give it a shot..
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 29 March 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
measure it from where? the aircon is in a box in my shed.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 29 March 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the aw11 s/c clutch pulley has the cross doobie on the front of it and smaller pulley from the later s/c's dont, they are kinda flat on the front. ours is spose to be 125mm. not sure what the later ones are, but are smaller.

wiso, i drilled and tapped a thread into my 4age block. there is already a boss there for the knock sensor in the same location the 4agze block has it.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 29 March 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I found that the na mount and sc mount have different positions with different holes.Only two of the three holes lined up when i did that on mine? Well, thats the way it was in my car anyway. So it was just easier to make a new one.
As for the shifter cables, you can use the NA ones but it sits the shifter forward a little more than usual. With mine, it loos like it is in 1st gear but it is actually in neutral. No biggie, just have to set to a few bits with a die grinder to free up a little more room.

I must add that i have a two's r us short shift kit and drop plate so i am not affected by the shifter moving forward although i didnt notice any movement in the shifter location.

Also had my mechanic double cheack the mount and the engine sit's perfectly according to him.

I have more problems with th north/south mounts smashing than the east/west mounts.

Fat do you know where you can get engine mounts for the aw11 that are cheaper toyota?

Although i would like to use genuine toyota parts i would prefer to pay less than 170 bucks for a mount as i see that this may be something that may happen again.

[Updated on: Tue, 29 March 2005 09:47]

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 29 March 2005 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After making my left mount i pulled all 4 of them out and had them made from urethane. The stock ones just wouldnt last Very Happy
Around 400 bucks later i was good to go without any worries that things will ever break.

Easy as!
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 29 March 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof:

i know someome that has had the N/S mounts in their sr20det powered pulsar replaced with solid aluminium mounts after he kept going though stock ones.
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 29 March 2005 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Tue, 29 March 2005 18:09

measure it from where? the aircon is in a box in my shed.

umm just across the pulley. so where the belt would wrap around the pulley just from one point on the edge to the opposite edge intersecting the centre.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 29 March 2005 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Tue, 29 March 2005 19:39

wiso, i drilled and tapped a thread into my 4age block. there is already a boss there for the knock sensor in the same location the 4agze block has it.

dammit I was affraid of that, I really didn't want to drill into the block and get metal shavings inside it, Does it just drill into an oil cavity or something, it doesn't actually go into the cylinder does it?
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 29 March 2005 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i looked at my a/c pulley when i was thinking of fabbing up my own smaller clutched pulley. the a/c setup uses a totaly different shaft/spline setup to the s/c. not saying nothing can be made though.

wiso, you would be drilling into the outside of the block. no metal will get into the engine. you drill a blind hole, i used some masking tape on my drill bits to keep the hole the same depth as the knock sensors thread length.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 29 March 2005 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohh thank god, I was hoping that was the case. I would have found that out anyway when I pulled the one of the donor supercharged engine, but Its best to know before I start
arasta
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 29 March 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smaller, clutched pulleys?

you referred to THIS thread, right?

(the 2 speedchaser.com links down teh bottom, 103mm and 95mm clutched. only catch is th price but hey, its clutched supplied for the 103 and you reuse a donor clutch with the 95mm).

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=63263&start=0&rid=8533&S=82c2e6c82a5 dcdf413fcb0e8fb263dc9

Cheers
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 29 March 2005 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fat where did you go to get this done i was contemplating this?

[Updated on: Tue, 29 March 2005 22:27]

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 30 March 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey toof it looks like the air con pulley is about 114mm across
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 30 March 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Wed, 30 March 2005 08:27

I was going to go this route
http://www.mr2sc.com/websites/tech/SolidMounts1.ht m
but the 3sgte ones I'm using are well beefy.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 30 March 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
twos r us parts are closer Razz they are in the country so we should see them soon.

Quote:

Your item arrived in AUSTRALIA at 11:21 am on March 30, 2005. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Here is what happened earlier:
INTO FOREIGN CUSTOMS, AUSTRALIA, March 30, 2005, 11:21 am
INTERNATIONAL DISPATCH, KENNEDY AMC, March 26, 2005, 12:47 pm
ENROUTE, March 26, 2005, 10:51 am, JAMAICA, NY 11499
ACCEPTANCE, March 25, 2005, 3:30 pm, EBENSBURG, PA 15931
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 30 March 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
davedave wrote on Wed, 30 March 2005 15:29

4agte wrote on Wed, 30 March 2005 08:27

I was going to go this route
http://www.mr2sc.com/websites/tech/SolidMounts1.ht m
but the 3sgte ones I'm using are well beefy.

I just filled my front and rear mounts with sikaflex, it's the urethane used for gluing in windscreens. This stiffened them right up for the huge price of about 10 bucks.

Mind you be careful of the mounting points on the body when you stiffen the mounts. It takes a toll on the body. My front mounting location on the body broke around one of the captive nuts after ~5000Km's.
Pages (84): [ «  <  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:18:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.018935203552246 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.