Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 13 April 2005 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rod, Todd, this is god.

Dave I will sleep VERY WELL on the night of the 29th if you rock up to my place in a MK1.5. Good luck cant wait

Feral Its a shame you cant make it Sad there will be lots of photos for you to examine afterwards, and make a mess on
  Send a private message to this user    
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 13 April 2005 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if i had more holidays up my sleeve or win lotto, i'm there. Very Happy
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 April 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any other weekend except that and i could make it, but im leaving for london on the 29th, and my car will be finished weeks before then. I suppose you dont want another quick mr2 on the journey :(:(Sad
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 April 2005 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Since both the 22nd and 29th were tied for votes and you only voted for the 22nd, that means at least one other person only voted for the 29th. So if we change the date, that person is going to miss out Sad. That was the beauty of anonymous voting, no one could play favourites.

The only mild solution I can see if you indeed want to call shinanigans Smiley =, is that we do a poll just for the 22nd and 29th where we can all only vote on one of those dates. Sound like a plan?

Or plan B, I'll go to the UK for you (might have to take my own missus though and send yours back over)

Or plan C, you beg qantas/air china/vigin atlantic/whoever you're flying with to move your flight to monday morning Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 14 April 2005 04:24]

GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 April 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dooooooods, its good to see the date confirmed or is it !!!!!

I am so confused Confused Confused Confused

I am cool for either day but the diary is filling FAST !! Laughing

So is it the 29th or what?

Dave,

When are you going to be working on your car next ? I can drop in to give back the part that did not fit. It will be excellent to have a MK1.5, cant wait to see it on the road, again just give me a yell if you want a hand or some company always happy to help.

Also for the Sydney crew how about we organise to cruise up together any suggestions where we should meet? maybe somewhere just befor the freeway.

Also wich car should i bring i cant drive both ?? suggestions

By the way my speedo worked for about 1k and it stopped again after ingesting $200 of new parts Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad

So it does not look like i will know how fast i am going at Wakefield Shocked or the way down there or the way back Shocked

davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 April 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be down there working on the car all of tomorrow (was meant to be today, but as soon as I got there I got called back home for a 'work emergancy'), Saturday and Sunday. Feel free to drop round on the Saturday or Sunday.

Did you get a new speedo sender?

As for the date, I'm pretty cool with god's decision, but let's wait for the masses Smiley =
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 April 2005 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you wanna go the scenic route via old Pac and Wollombi we can meet at Waitara maccas at about 9.30... Sound like an idea????
cant drive a 2 for two hours up the freeway!!!! ZZZZZ!
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 April 2005 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm up for the most scenic route we can find Very Happy
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 April 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave, no worries, if its ok i may pop in Friday, i am going down to go Wakefield on Saturday to race on Sunday, wont be back till late. Dont ask about the speedo, it looks like bigger probs well inside the box.

Yes bow to the GOD Laughing Laughing Laughing
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 April 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the only reason toof and i couldnt make it for the 22nd was the MR2 club skidpan day was supposed to be then. so if thats no on, then we are ok for then too.

*edit* sorry- it didnt sound that dumb when i wrote it. I sound like im 16.

[Updated on: Thu, 14 April 2005 05:17]

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 April 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well I am cool with either weekend, but it would be nice to know when I deffinatly have to have the 2 running by.

I am acctually planning to head up to nelsons bay the sat, stay with my mate up there over night, then sunday cruise back into newcastle, then stay at nelsons bay again sunday night, drive home monday morning. should be cool.

Thinking I might give the old pac a go, last time I went down the freeway. whats the old pac like?
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 April 2005 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The old pac is an awesome stretch of road and anyone with an AW11 owes it to themselves to become very fammiliar with it.
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 April 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joshstix wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 16:13

The old pac is an awesome stretch of road and anyone with an AW11 owes it to themselves to become very fammiliar with it.

Very Happy Did I mention my set of tyres that saw no track work but only lasted 14000k's.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 April 2005 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you guys have gota make it the 22nd! for sureeeeeeeeeeee
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 April 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i second spanktown i cant make the 29th and neither can mighty boy so that makes 3 ppl that cant make the 29th.

22nd is much better

We could allways organise another meet after that for those who cant make the 29th.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 April 2005 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If i have time next weekend i'll be going for a cruise.

If anyone wants they can join me.

toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 April 2005 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adamb131 wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 16:58

Very Happy Did I mention my set of tyres that saw no track work but only lasted 14000k's.

14,000!!! last set on the front of erins aw11 saw about 11k the current backs have had about 12k and are near shagged, my celica used to go through fronts in about 10k.

*sigh* too many good roads around here
jap30t
Newcomer

March 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 April 2005 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
" that makes 3 ppl that cant make the 29th.

22nd is much better"

here here !!!

all for 22nd !
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 April 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jap30t wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 20:57

" that makes 3 ppl that cant make the 29th.

22nd is much better"

here here !!!

all for 22nd !

haha, who are ya dude?
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 April 2005 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol i thats exactly what erin said Smile

welcome mate what flavour of two have you got ?

[Updated on: Thu, 14 April 2005 11:22]

mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 April 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adamb131 wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 16:58

man how u guys drive ur car, my rears done over 25000km and 50% left, my fronts over 35000km and 50% left aswell. no track work and no burnouts though. only bout 30 passes down wsid

i think a aw11 cruise thru old pac everyones talking bout would be cool, never been there myself. newcastles bit too far for me
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 April 2005 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how on earth do you get that many km's out of your tyres !!! ?

ive never even got close to that. without burnouts or track time. even with just general driving and the occasional run up the old road i at BEST get 16-19ish.

quickest ive gone through a set was about 8000km..... one summer, lots of nice warm nights uni holidays, many many runs up the old road Smile we were going for a run twice a week sometimes more. i bascailly went through a set over the summer just up that one road.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 April 2005 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just did that 13k + drive on them BFgoodrich things. the fronts dont look like they wore at all.
but the rear are 1/2 gone but that wasnt from the k's i travelled.. Evil or Very Mad
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 April 2005 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 14:24

Since both the 22nd and 29th were tied for votes and you only voted for the 22nd, that means at least one other person only voted for the 29th. So if we change the date, that person is going to miss out Sad. That was the beauty of anonymous voting, no one could play favourites.

The only mild solution I can see if you indeed want to call shinanigans Smiley =, is that we do a poll just for the 22nd and 29th where we can all only vote on one of those dates. Sound like a plan?

GREETINGS, MY SONS...

I really need to know the date as I may need to apply for day off as i work shithouse hours.

Can one of you loyal disciples please make a poll called which date? For the 22nd or the 29th? I am unfamiliar with the use of the poll doodad.

EVERYONE MUST VOTE as this is the final decision, however , if 22nd gets the vote and then the skidpan goes ahead that day I will be very annoyed and you shall feel my plague.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 April 2005 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

The final Vote[ 10 vote(s) ]
1.May the 29th 2 / 20%
2.May the 22nd 8 / 80%

In fear of a smiting

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 April 2005 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
by the time you guy's decide when your going to do this, i'll be up for my yearly holidays again... Rolling Eyes

Very Happy
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 April 2005 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My speedo is rooted, all the new parts are stuffed in the gearbox end it looks like the gearbox is coming out, otherwise a digital dash run off the motec may be a cheaper option Twisted Evil

I am keen for a run up the pac keep us informed.

As for tyres i did some wheel swapping last night to put on the race tyres check thes out on htt://www.garysmotorsportsttyres.com.au/tyres/tyre s_ranges.cfm?id=3 they are the D01J.

and in the process snapped a wheel stud (dontknow my own strength) Laughing Laughing

But will have to get that fixed before i hit the track
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 April 2005 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Fri, 15 April 2005 09:25

by the time you guy's decide when your going to do this, i'll be up for my yearly holidays again... Rolling Eyes

Very Happy

I agree i will be up for long service leave ! Laughing Laughing
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 15 April 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey gun metal you seem to go track racing fair bit, think i can tag along next time you go, i wanna get some track experience aswell. just have to get my brakes and wheel alignment done first
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 15 April 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My car made 205.8rwkw Very Happy

davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 15 April 2005 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I said, nice one bruvvva!!!
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 15 April 2005 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet any more spec.. 205kw at what rpm ? torque... ? care to put up a dyno sheet. im really interested in seeing what the power curve is like.
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 15 April 2005 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Fri, 15 April 2005 18:01

My car made 205.8rwkw Very Happy

Gime me a F!
Gime me a U!
Gime me a C!
Gime me a K!
Gime me a Y!
Gime me a E!
Gime me a A!
Gime me a H!
What does it spell?
FUCK YEAH!

Noice wun bruvva
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 15 April 2005 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll put up a dyno sheet when i get the chance.

Im very happy that i reached my goal Very Happy

Im up for a cruise if you guys are Laughing
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 15 April 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man i'm soooo impressed and fukin envious. Smile

did you get me a video?
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 15 April 2005 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fat mr2 thats very impressive. Now you be sure to look after it cause I want you to be at our Newcastle meet.

BTW its looking very much like it will be May 22nd

old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 15 April 2005 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha check out the first post in this thread. Classic.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=65723&start=0&rid=515&S=700dec649534 77534a4426818d0c0aa4
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 16 April 2005 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Sat, 16 April 2005 09:47

Hahaha check out the first post in this thread. Classic.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=65723&start=0&rid=515&S=700dec649534 77534a4426818d0c0aa4

haha..... I say sue him for plagiarizing or at least get him kicked off the forums for it Laughing Laughing
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 16 April 2005 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I'm just from this point on going to copy the AW11 thread's first post verbatim

cant.. he has cited the reference where nessecary Smile
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 16 April 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well my car has definantly been used as a racer...

harness mounts on the floor kinda gave it away.. but today's further inspection revealed harness points in the firewall (feral i thought there was a speaker there as i could see a "TEAC" sticker though the hole. there was also a teac sticker lol Smile

but more interestingly all the tar sound proofing has been taken out. no wonder its so loud in there...

ive got a problem i had my alarm installed yesterday when i went to drive it tonight i have no headlights.... ive checked under the dash i cant see anything disconnected. turn them on and they come up but no lights only parkers. if i pull the indicator lever to flash the high beams you can hear the realy making a noise but still no light. the realy makes a constant sorta sound when i hold the flash on almost like the light on when the doors open warning but its not that buzzer.

ive checked the relay and all the fuses all ok. i phoned my alarm guy today and he's not sure, since he is in sydney its a bit of a pain.. im heading to sydney tomorrow anyway and he says he should be able to look at it but its a bit of a pain as i dont want to head down and have it either rain or me get stuck in traffic etc and need to be driving at night or as its getting darker..
ChunksNensja
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 16 April 2005 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Sat, 16 April 2005 21:31

well my car has definantly been used as a racer...

Well you at least know what yours was. For some reason The battery in mine is mounted north/south, every other NA ive seen has east/west. It also has a Y splitter on it and one of the connectors has been removed and covered with electrical tape. Only thing I can think of is that there were two batteries mounted in there at some point. Why though?
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 16 April 2005 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
big stereo perhaps ?? dunno.

if it has been used as a track car it kinda gives me a reason for my theory on the diff...

if you hoist the car up and spin a wheel it free wheels as if it was an open centre diff. however it drives like an LSD and leaves black marks like an LSD. so my understanding is that the only LSD that will do this is a helical gear type diff... now given the price of these fellas it is generally only used for track use so it kinda lines up i guess.. dosent look like there has been a roll cage in there though. at least i cant see any mounts.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 April 2005 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I remember a while back someone said that you cant drift an mr2? Who was that?

Cause i beg to differ...... Very Happy

I never knew this much power would be this much fun Laughing
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 April 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Sun, 17 April 2005 10:17

you getting smoke peeling off the tyres while going sideways?... Rolling Eyes Very Happy

where is my dyno video?!!???!!!!!
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 April 2005 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YES YES YES video please.

FAT, do not break it before the 22nd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 April 2005 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Sun, 17 April 2005 10:17

I never knew this much power would be this much fun Laughing

i suppose those 17's will be going on sooner than u expected
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 April 2005 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
congrat fat, very nice
now how long is the queue right now to get a ride in the beast? Very Happy
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon6.gif  Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 April 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice work Matt,

Was great to see your car turn past the magic number on Friday Smile

Now if you just fix that bloody dump pipe.......... Hope your enjoying it mate. Just goes to show that you don't need amassive turbo or rediculous boost to make a tuff package Smile
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 April 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
more problems with the 2, looks like cant just stop fixing these things
decided to spend some time working on my car today
its got a long list of things to do that i never have time or bothered

anyways the list,
- fixed engine lid latch not closing. bit of bending and lubing ok
- power window switch some switched not working. bit of lube ok
- hole in the intercooler. not sure if it was a good idea but patch it up with bit of fibreglass. hope it can stand the heat

- p/w motor gear. now i replaced the gear i bought from two'r'us and it worked fine when i tested it. put everything back did a test drive, came back and i hear window gear stripping noise again. pulled it apart again and what do i see??? bloody the bigger driven gear is now stripped. not sure if it was stripped previously or the newer stronger drive gear i installed killed it. it looks like im up for a new motor as the stripped gear looks in be in a housing rivotted together

anyone have this problem before? is the window motor/regulator assemby same with the import and aussie delivered model?

things left on my list
- relocate battery to front boot
- find the clutch fluid leak around the slave cylinder
- all new brakes rotor and pad + overhaul rear caliper
- wheel alignment

man it never ends
is it same with other fellow aw11 owners?
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 April 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe, since they are nearly 20 years old there are always gonna be replacing stock parts that wear out. Just to let you boys know, my car will soon be GT2535 equiped Evil or Very Mad
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 April 2005 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

is the window motor/regulator assemby same with the import and aussie delivered model?

yes.
if its the gear on the wire doobie bit thats stripped then you do not need a new motor, you can still use your motor that has the new drive gear. you just need the rest of the whole damn lot thats in the window, which you probably cant get with-out a motor attatched anyways. DOH!

fibreglass will hold the heat of the charge air, but it doesnt stick to aluminium the best. some of that 2 part epoxy metal weld stuff will do a more permanent job.

Quote:

have to say its been the most reliable car i have owned.

Quote:

Just to let you boys know, my car will soon be GT2535 equiped Evil or Very Mad

bragger... Rolling Eyes
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 April 2005 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mk1sc wrote on Sun, 17 April 2005 19:10

man it never ends

I did at first, when I first got my car on the road the first 3 months were problem after problem. after replacing all the stuff that went wrong she has been running beautiful and prob free for about 5 months now.

haha speaking of window cog, mine stripped 3 teeth last october, well since twos'r'us wasn't available at the time and I was going on holiday in 2 weeks, I rebuilt the 3 teeth with fibreglass, glued them on and shoved a small metal bar into the cog to hold the new teeth in place, 7 months later the cog is still going up and down EVERYday Smile ingenious no Very Happy

http://img209.echo.cx/img209/9716/cog6dt.jpg

this is a shit pic of what I did to it, it may not look pretty but it works
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 April 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mk1sc wrote on Sun, 17 April 2005 18:47

congrat fat, very nice
now how long is the queue right now to get a ride in the beast? Very Happy

HAHA! Not long at all.

Gave it some stick today Very Happy Its hard to comprehend just how fast it takes off under boost. Its the fastest car i have ever driven.

Thanks rod Very Happy I'll get to all that one of these days....

I didnt manage to get a dyno video but i'll be getting video footage of a different kind very soon Laughing

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 April 2005 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh yeah, the brakes on my car..........SHIT! when you tripple the factory power in your car let me just say that its time to change the brakes Laughing

Hey toof, time to go over the whole st185 brake thing with me again Smile Looks like i really need them.

gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 April 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just a follow up from the pics of my car from ferals trip Smile

IT RUNS!

http://gb.detonated.org/gallery/engine-rebuild

All the pics are there, did a rebuild in the car and put in new rings, conrod bearings, rebuilt head and other bits and pieces Smile
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 April 2005 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK its official. The voting booth has now closed. It was a landslide victory to the May 22nd campaign. Congratulations.

AW11 owners anonymous meeting # 1

Date: SUNDAY 22ND MAY 2005

Time: 12 noon

Plans: Meetup at my place, BBQ, drinks and AW11 chit chat for about 90 minutes. Then we'll go for a cruise around the Newcastle hot spots, Stir up some ricers, Smoke some V8's (definately) and park for a lil while and talk some more AW11's. Then we shall head up to King Edward Park for a oceanside photo shoot, or somewhere else if you have any suggestions toof/miss mr2. Then we can head over to the infamous King Street Maccas for a bite to eat and another laugh at the ricers. We can do whatever after that!!!!

GUYS PLEASE TELL ME IF YOU ARE COMING AND I WILL PM MY ADDRESS and give a link to a map. I also need to know attendee numbers, including partners, so I can buy some sausages and rolls and stuff. Feel free to bring along some nibblies!!

[Updated on: Sun, 17 April 2005 20:30]

GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 April 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mk1sc wrote on Fri, 15 April 2005 17:49

hey gun metal you seem to go track racing fair bit, think i can tag along next time you go, i wanna get some track experience aswell. just have to get my brakes and wheel alignment done first

The more the merrier Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I have been to the track only a hand full of times, did some driver training at Amaroo park (ages ago !), Did some free lapping at Eastern Creek, and a couple of times at Wakefeild Park along with a couple of Supersprints and Hill climbs.

I have signed up the to the NSW Supersprint Championship and raced at Wakefield last weekend.

If you have not been on the track you have not lived !!

Its great to be able to go as fast as you want or dare Twisted Evil

Got it up to 190, that was fast enough for me !!

I am realy only just getting in to it, but i would recommend it to anyone who wants to improve their skill in a safe invironment.

If anyone wants some info drop me a PM and i would be happy to help.

Cant wait to cathc up with everyone on the 22nd, thanks OLD Very Happy
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 17 April 2005 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gearb0x wrote on Sun, 17 April 2005 21:43

just a follow up from the pics of my car from ferals trip Smile

IT RUNS!

http://gb.detonated.org/gallery/engine-rebuild

All the pics are there, did a rebuild in the car and put in new rings, conrod bearings, rebuilt head and other bits and pieces Smile

Nice one!

loved this one btw,

LENSCAP
Viewed: 3 times.

Laughing
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 18 April 2005 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
e and i may be going to nowra on the 21st for a family gig (not confirmed) but if we do we'll shoot back sunday morning and meet the sydney guys then cruise to newcastle.

erin and i will definantly be there though and with two twos Smile

the brakes are *easy*

go get yourself a set of GT4 ST185RC calipers must be the twin piston units. these are off the group A rallye vehicles. just check they are twins as they use the smaller disc.

then get yourself some pads, take your pick of brand/spec.

then remove wheels, calipers, discs. in that order.

grab the angle grinder and whip about 20mm off the bottom edge of the dust cover, you can see where ive cut it in the far left of this photo. put the disc back on. then the caliper will bolt directly onto the hub and fit perfecty over the disc. you will however need tp make sure you put the pads in *BEFORE* you hook up the brake line as if you use the factory brake line there isnt enough slack once you hook it to the larger caliper (as ive done) for you to swing the caliper open to insert pads. so make sure the pads are in there then hook the brake line in, bleed the fluid though. you have to give them a really good bleeding as the caliper is huge and carries a ton of fluid in it. you will find you'll be getting bubbles out for heaps so make sure you have plenty of good fluid handy. im running castrol super DOT4 and have never had any grief with it and its copped some abuse... ie: pads pouring out smoke but fluid ok Smile

then obvisouly bed in the pads, leave them overnight to cool down after bedding. then go have some fun the next day Smile when you are up in newcastle ill take you for a spin in mine and show you how it stops its pretty impressive over the factory brake setup.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~toof/IMG_1187a.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~toof/IMG_1172a.jpg

oh and if you are after the sleeper look they fit with a bee's dick of clearance under the factory teardrop wheels.

im led to believe the single piston units from the ST185 will fit if you take the ST185 discs and redrill them to a 4x100 PCD then the single piston caliper will bolt up no probs. however they use a larger diameter disc 275(or there abouts i think) and will not fit under the 14" wheels. my understanding of it should go that the twins should work better on the simple fact that they were fitted tgo a faster car from factory despite the fact they used a smaller disc.

oh and pads.. *no one* lists a pad for the twin piston caliper however the pad from the single piston caliper fits ok. im running a bendix metal king pad in there atm and its ok nothing spectacular but ok. the EBC catalogue lists a pad for the ST185 however it is the WRONG PAD it is actually for the ST184 or at least it looks like it. the pad for the 185 is a long thin pad where the 184 is a squareish sort of shape.

http://discpads.com/images/pad/DB1181.gif

im pretty sure that is the pad ive got in there. DB1181 it lists for the ST185 and it is the right shape.. next time im in there ill have a look at the pad number but im pretty sure thats it.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 18 April 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
oh and to boot my engineer approved them no worries as nothing had been cut/drilled/welded. since they are toyota parts and no stuffin around he said no worries. i couldnt see too many problems with the single pistons either since it would only be a new PCD being drilled. but its just nice not to have any hassles and also know i can get any aw11 rotor off the shelf and it will be sweet.
Pages (84): [ «  <  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:28:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.018991947174072 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.