Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
which cooler is it ? if its a decent core id that the bet that in a good location like that the intake temps shouldnt be near engione cooking temps. get a temp sensor on the air inlet (post intercooler) and check what the temps are like.. if you can rig some form of a guage up to the interior and keep an eye on it i wouldnt worry aboout the water injection. 9.4 isnt that high a compression for a forced induction engine esp when you are only running 7ish pounds

either that or instead of going for injection throw a slightly thicker head gasket in there ? that way not only do you get a nice tough gasket to hold back the boost but also the reduction in compression..

either that or i just dont like the whole "squirting water into the inlet" idea... i know its been well proven to work but i just dont like the concept Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iirc feral was running up to 12 pounds into a ge bottom end with just a thicker gasket. stock computer just a good a/w cooler setup.

at minimum get a temp sensor in there and have a look what inlet temps you are actually getting.. im not totally against water injection i know it works well.. but if the inlet temps are within reasnable levels with just the cooler then your laughing.. perhaps a water sprayer onto the a/a cooler ?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joshstix wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 19:58

On the topic of the Walbro pumps, if you don't need it straight away you can buy them from the US for $99US.

However I'd much rather see people support our sponsors and get it from John at Importbitz.

I've got the high pressure version of the Walbro in mine. It's not the quitest thing known to man but it should do the job for 400 horses at the wheels.

yeah i think i will go with import bitz buying stuff overseas allways makes me nervous when i cant just take it home
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i dont think the 4age has too high comp for boost i mean the s/c kits for the s2000 11.0:1 comp in the states run no ic
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats actually the other thing I was thinking, I might use the gear I was gonna buy for the injection and use it as a sprayer for the IC instead. true that does save the prob I reckon I would have about putting too much water in the intake.

I am a bit unsure, if it starts, do I drive it around with the SC disconnected, or do I take the risk and see what happens if I connect the SC as it is with out the water setup.

I really don't wanna blow my engine up. might leave it till night time and connect it, cause nights here are getting pretty cold.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get a temp sensor rig it up. wire up the charger such that you can switch it between ECU controlled and OFF and i guess if you really wanted ON.

wait for a nice cool night take it out get the charger going and check the temps, if its ok your laughing if its not switch it off then look for options then.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my money says it will be fine
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
right, will do that, thanks guys.

wish me luck, if all goes good tomorrow I should make it to the meeting NP.

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hope 2 c u there
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if youve already got a pump and sprayer or even just a washer bottle & pump rig it up as a sprayer onto the cooler i imagine you would pick up some good results as far as dropping the temp. but if you can hook up a temp sensor on the inlet if you were really electrically minded you could possibly even make a rig that would throw a relay to the clutch on the charger to prevent it engaging if the cooler/inlet temp reaches a certain temp... id imagine it would be a thermistor, then possibly just a transistor connected to the throw on the relay so when the temp reached a certain level it would throw the realy stopping the charger.. ? just thinking... ?
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you rig up that sprayer all the way is gonna go all over everything in the engine bay. i had a leak from my old gearbox and it covered everything, oil > water i know... but i wouldnt like water continously wetting everything.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on the setup ive seen on a aw11 they put a alluminum wall arround the edges of the i/c so that the water could only go onto the i/c wouldnt be too hard to make one
mighty_boy
Regular

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
having mentioned azenis, i just got rid of mine and id have to say there the best tyres ive tried! Its amazing jsut how much of a difference the tyres can make... although you need to consider just how much life out of them you expect to make.... i think i managed about 15000 kms..
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha, i wouldnt drive 15,000kms in my mr2 in a year. Thats fine. Very Happy
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 23:32

Hey man, the way you drive they would probably be good for about 30,000 Twisted Evil

Laughing
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your all a bunch of pussies that think the trip to work is too far...... Twisted Evil

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 05 May 2005 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 23:32

hahaha id do that in 3 months
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Fri, 06 May 2005 07:06

your all a bunch of pussies that think the trip to work is too far...... Twisted Evil

Laughing

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we have almost caught up to the st 162 thread Very Happy
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we have to overtake it, then have an aw11 vs st162 cruise.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wonder which group of cars would get the most looks
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Fri, 06 May 2005 12:21

i wonder which group of cars would get the most looks

Well, seeing we will have spanktowns pimpin ride there it's quite obvious they would look at us Cool
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well they certainly wont be looking at ur ride fat unless you have a hot girl in your car Laughing Laughing Laughing
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That can be arranged Rolling Eyes
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 22:19

on the setup ive seen on a aw11 they put a alluminum wall arround the edges of the i/c so that the water could only go onto the i/c wouldnt be too hard to make one

I actually have a plastic scoop underneath and up the side totally inclosing the intercooler, and behind it is the gear box, so the water won't go very far.

The other problem with the cruise is that the ST162 group outnumber us Rolling Eyes unless you get more people like me defecting to the best side, realising how crap ST162's actually are
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if we have a cruize with them they will realise how slow and boring fwd st162`s actually are and convert.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey ppl what type of injectors does the 4agze have
Are they low indeoendance and side feed?
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohh yeah, even when they have hairdryers under the bonnet they are still not all that quick
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
umm well I dunno how much luck I had today, it cranks fine, I gave it a few cranks cause there is no fuel in the lines, but then a bit of smoke rose from the area above the charger, so I cut it. Confused
I'm a bit scared to try it agian. I am not sure if it was a wire burning, or just some water that was on the manifold burning off.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Fri, 06 May 2005 15:02

umm well I dunno how much luck I had today, it cranks fine, I gave it a few cranks cause there is no fuel in the lines, but then a bit of smoke rose from the area above the charger, so I cut it. Confused
I'm a bit scared to try it agian. I am not sure if it was a wire burning, or just some water that was on the manifold burning off.

have u put oil in the charger?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey does anyone know how to work out flow rates?

does 381.3cfu = 800hp worth of flow?
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yo. a flow rate is an amount of substance through an area over a period of time.

What are the units "cfu"?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup i guess
i can provide anb area aswell if you like

edit: core dimensions

600x300x76

[Updated on: Fri, 06 May 2005 07:59]

Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"abn"? are these real units?
*adding*

to do any calculations i need proper unit as well as dimensions.

[Updated on: Fri, 06 May 2005 08:03]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miss MR2 wrote on Fri, 06 May 2005 17:59

"abn"? are these real units?
*adding*

to do any calculations i need proper unit as well as dimensions.

and not abn just a typo the units i thought were cfu thats what the website says
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what is the website as i have never seen these units before.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think thats good enuf reason not to buy the intercooler then it looks dodgy but i was going to ask if he could guarantee it will flow 800hp money back.

The website is on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=6775&item=7972205300&rd=1
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, i could do some calculations if i had the right information and if i knew what the hell those units were, but i cant even guess...
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fair enuf like i said not worth shelling out 300 buks if your not sure ur gonna get something half decent
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Fri, 06 May 2005 15:55

have u put oil in the charger?

yes, after doing a search on the net i found Mobil 1 and Castral Syntrax were the most common used, so I got castrol syntrax
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good stuff
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Fri, 06 May 2005 17:28

Hey, i am an engineer so i should know this Laughing Laughing

Are you suuuure ? Dont wooory there is noooooo sssuuuugar !

Sorry about that Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing .

Seriously tho cfu thats a new one for me

if it was CFM that would be Cubic Feet per Minute which is a volumetric flow rate. I know a guy that does bench testing of heads so i will see if i can find out.

What you really need to know is a few things that most IC suppliers dont seem to be able to provide.

That is what the flow to pressure ratio is for both the air and water or both air sides on an air to air intercooler. Basically what you want is the most flow with the least pressure drop with the highest heat rejection, unfortunately these are at odds with each other as usual. But i would suggest the bigger the better both in face area and core volume if you dont have any other info available. Some of the heat exchangers i have done at work would not fit in the lounge room but the principle is the same.

It would seem the suppliers of most ICs tend to build on a basic formula but dont really take into account how to achieve the most efficient design as cost of construction and materials and lack of testing is usually the limiting factor.
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Fri, 06 May 2005 20:05

4agte wrote on Fri, 06 May 2005 17:28

Hey, i am an engineer so i should know this Laughing Laughing

What kind of engineer are you? Im chemical/chemist.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mechanical,

by the way toof just picked up the tyres (well it was actually a couple of hours ago actually) i hope you like them Very Happy

have you got any pics of the cars lately ??

Sorry but i hated chemisty....to difficult for my small brain

Laughing Laughing

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hope those arent the 15`s i was gonna buy gun metal.

i think i will stick with buying a brand name i/c i thinks
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso, invest in a w2a set-up. even the smaller st165? w2a cooler would be benifitial (<spelling?).
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Fri, 06 May 2005 21:56

Doooood,

You must rrrrrrreeeeeeeellllllaaaaaaaaax Laughing Laughing

I told you the 15s had a "sold" sign on them, they are waiting your arrival Martinsan Laughing Laughing

By the way i had a look at that IC site, they look ok but without any real specs to speak of it would be luck of the draw.

I am thinking of mounting an IC on the roof, what do you guys reckon ? it would have to be better than that one where the dood has mounted it right at the back of the car where the muffler usually goes ?? but man it was huuuuge imagine the heat soak from the exhaust i think the inlet temps would be lower without it Laughing Laughing Laughing

By the way feral i was looking at some old posts and came across a picture of your exhaust. That is a work of art !! Colin Chapman would be proud..he just loved minimalism (spelling) i am going to give that a try but i think i will have to go to bundy first ! Evil or Very Mad
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Fri, 06 May 2005 12:20

hey that reminds me,

Fat you know how you said SW20s were hair dressers cars ??

OR WAS THAT ME Laughing Laughing

Well so are ST162 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I AM SURE WE CAN DO A LOT BETTER, MAYBE WE SHOULD STIR THEM UP
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Fri, 06 May 2005 23:19

By the way feral i was looking at some old posts and came across a picture of your exhaust. That is a work of art !! Colin Chapman would be proud..he just loved minimalism (spelling) i am going to give that a try but i think i will have to go to bundy first ! Evil or Very Mad

was that with or with-out the cat? both are a simple system, and can easily bolt toghther either way. Smile
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4agte wrote on Fri, 06 May 2005 21:56

Doooood,

You must rrrrrrreeeeeeeellllllaaaaaaaaax Laughing Laughing

I told you the 15s had a "sold" sign on them, they are waiting your arrival Martinsan Laughing Laughing

By the way i had a look at that IC site, they look ok but without any real specs to speak of it would be luck of the draw.

I am thinking of mounting an IC on the roof, what do you guys reckon ? it would have to be better than that one where the dood has mounted it right at the back of the car where the muffler usually goes ?? but man it was huuuuge imagine the heat soak from the exhaust i think the inlet temps would be lower without it Laughing Laughing Laughing

lol cheers mate it must be all the smog im inhaling here.

Yeah i decided against buying one off that mob and just bought a hybrid one for 400 buks should be ok they quote a 0.2psi pressure drop across the core at 15psi + they have a 1 yr warranty so ill c how it goes and let you guys know. They also reckon the core can flow up to 800hp at 80 psi well i intend on testing that out as i was mentioning earlier to you gun metal

The wheels are starting in motion for the turbo conversion ohh yeh i hope this i/c will fit in my boot maybee i shouldve measured it b4 i orded it meh ill soon find out i guess.

So far i have:

Turbo
Exhaust Manifold -getting one off spanktown needs modifying from a t3 to a t25 flange
Intercooler
Blow Off Valve

Need to get

Fuel Pump -gonna buy one of those walbro in tank ones
Injectors -have some 440s lined up but would prefer some 540s if they come along
WRX or Liberty GT bonnet scoop
Davis Craig Thermofan X 2
ECU -might have a 2nd hand ems stinger lined up
ofcourse exhaust and exhaust manifold
Electronic Boost Controller- gonna get one of those greddy profec b II ones

I dont think ill have much change from 6k

[Updated on: Fri, 06 May 2005 13:47]

GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Fri, 06 May 2005 23:30

was that with or with-out the cat? both are a simple system, and can easily bolt toghther either way. Smile

without cat you environmental vandal Laughing Laughing

Yep i was thinking of something i can easily unbolt at the track, just for more noise than anything Very Happy
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte,

its really coming along.

if it does not fit in the boot i will put it on my roof !

what you should definitely get is some temp and pressure probes for the intercooler pipes both on the intake and discharge of the intercooler. This will allow you to accurately measure the pressure drop and temperature drop across the intercooler so we can measure how efficient it is.

From an engineering perspective i still prefer the idea of air to air over water to air, its just that in an AW11 i just think its going to be difficult to get sufficient air flow over it.

I would like to have a look at some water to air set ups, they certainly add weight and complexity but if done correctly may have better efficiency.

Actually i just had an idea, how about this, pull out the rear glass and mount the intercooler there, like you will be going so fast who cares who is behind you (well thats how i drove in Italy anyway) then pull out the rear side glass 1/4s and then duct onto the intercooler, you could put some NACA ducting outside to scoop the air in but there should be a big enough pressure difference to get good air flow accros it anyway due to the low pressure above the engine lid. if you really want to see behind you you could always get a camera Laughing
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 06 May 2005 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
l0l i think you have to drive like that in italy i hear its like running the gauntlet there crazy drivers. Wouldnt mind having a race against that lamboghini cop car tho Laughing

Yeah im not to worried about getting airflow to the core i have seen quite a few setups using smaller i/c read: mitsu evo cores in their boot using big turbos. Some people have told me to use the low pressure area above the boot and to duct the air from the bottom of the boot by cutting a hole i think that will just be getting hot air from the engine bay and the exhaust.

I think the core should get enuf air flow if i have 2 big davis craig thermofans running on it all the time.

Yeah i was thinking about testing the pressure drop across the core i thinks tho what interests me more is the inlet temperatures to see if the setup i plan to run works efficiently.

l0l i think running the i/c on the roof would look different how about taking the engine lid off and creating a fastback engine cover out of perspex then you could mount your i/c ontop of your engine bay and then make a duct from the roof to the i/c.
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 07 May 2005 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Sat, 07 May 2005 00:23

From an engineering perspective i still prefer the idea of air to air over water to air, its just that in an AW11 i just think its going to be difficult to get sufficient air flow over it.

I would like to have a look at some water to air set ups, they certainly add weight and complexity but if done correctly may have better efficiency.

from an engineering perspective, i prefer air to water! Yes, air to air is a simple design, but water is much more efficient as water has a very high heat capacity. However, as they do weight more, this can be deciding factor.

Oh and thanks for the tyres, look good! Michael said that both your two look very nice, so i cant wait to see them (or at least one). Funnily enough, new camera and all, i havent had a chance to get any pics.
Embarassed
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 07 May 2005 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Fri, 06 May 2005 23:26

Spanktown wrote on Fri, 06 May 2005 12:20

hey that reminds me,

Fat you know how you said SW20s were hair dressers cars ??

OR WAS THAT ME Laughing Laughing

Well so are ST162 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I AM SURE WE CAN DO A LOT BETTER, MAYBE WE SHOULD STIR THEM UP

I think that was you but hey, im willing to run with it Very Happy

4AGTE: You really have to much time on your hands man! I mean:

0.2 psi drop at 15 psi!!!! 800hp at 80psi?! WTF??? When will you ever have to worry about shit like that?

Buy a cooler, strap it on. Buy a turbo, put it in. When all is done, floor it and your car should go really fast!

Well, thats my theory and it worked ok for me Very Happy

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 07 May 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Sat, 07 May 2005 13:53

4AGTE: You really have to much time on your hands man! I mean:

0.2 psi drop at 15 psi!!!! 800hp at 80psi?! WTF??? When will you ever have to worry about shit like that?

Buy a cooler, strap it on. Buy a turbo, put it in. When all is done, floor it and your car should go really fast!

Well, thats my theory and it worked ok for me Very Happy

l0l maybee you are right and i have too much time on my hands (hey i forgot im on holidays).

I will have to worry about stuff like that because after im done with this turbo conversion im going to be trying out some ideas that i have that will see me make somewhere between 45-70psi so its a valid concern i have about pressure drop and the flow of the i/c.

btw i just got off the shinkasen (bullet train) damn traveling at 300kph is fun.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 07 May 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhh crap I have figured out my problem, but I don't know how to fix it.

The reason she won't start is no spark. I can't figure out why though, its now got the Crank angle sensor, igniter and coil packs instead of the old dizzy. Its all wired right, all the voltages seem to be there, there is resistance, but yeah nothing. I have tried changing the crank sensor that many positions, and still nothing (after abit of work i figured it was something to do with that).

so it looks like I am gonna try plan B, get a AW11 gze ecu and put the old dizzy system back on. then maybe
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 07 May 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you tried shorting the pins in the diagnostic plug to see if it spits out an error code?
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 07 May 2005 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Sat, 07 May 2005 00:00

Yep i was thinking of something i can easily unbolt at the track, just for more noise than anything Very Happy

it actualy wasnt any louder then than it is now with a cat inline, sometimes i think it was a little quieter even with-out, it sure did sound better.
but on the gze, a zorst like that you'll deffinatly hear... Razz
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 08 May 2005 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
4agte wrote on Sat, 07 May 2005 15:40

I will have to worry about stuff like that because after im done with this turbo conversion im going to be trying out some ideas that i have that will see me make somewhere between 45-70psi so its a valid concern i have about pressure drop and the flow of the i/c.

So, let me get this right. You think that your going to get a gt2535 to push 45-70psi?

Laughing Laughing Laughing

This i gotta see!

This is the way i see it happening. You somehow get it to push 45psi, first time you give it a hit there will be a massive puff of white smoke followed by the compressor wheel of the turbo being blown through your exhaust into the bonnet of the car behind you...... Laughing

I struggle to see how you will do this. If it could be done and made to work then one of the tuning shops would have certainly done it before.

Having said that, im happy for you to prove me wrong Smile
Pages (84): [ «  <  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:25:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.018410205841064 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.