Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 05 July 2005 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do you need the clear and amber indicator/parker lenses?

I have a spare set you can have for $30
  Send a private message to this user    
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 05 July 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we need a set of lights... call dibs Smile
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 05 July 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Starfire,how much did your intrusion bars cost to fit?
Do you have any pics of the intrusion bars in your car you could possibly send me?

What has happened to Wiso ?
I did not see any dyno details for his car at the recent dyno day.I hope he has not struck any problems.
Cheers.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 05 July 2005 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neil thats because I didn't run on the dyno. I just went for the cruise up there, meet some people, etc... although only one of you actually came to the dyno day, nice to meet you 4agte.

ohh and Neil, this blue AW11 does have side intrusion bars fitted and engineered to it.

also sorry to you guys who wanted parts off my red aw11, but the car was sold as a whole wreck, I will get some parts back off it later, as the guys strips it to make it into a race car (that was a part of our deal), but that won't happen till later in the year.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 05 July 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Starfire wrote on Tue, 05 July 2005 13:56

Both of my AW11s have the aftermarket seatbelts from clippan (repco) and they passed inspection fine.

dont happen to know the Klippan part number you used? i can get them through work.
(i'm just being lazy, all i would have to do is ring our supplier). Razz
stroti
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 05 July 2005 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The lenses were one of the first things I bought! But $30 is a good price, I paid 46 for the set.

The offer to borrow me the seatbelts is good of you, thank you! Can I ask again when I managed the wheels too? In the moment I receive the impression that I have to be very carefully, otherwise I go again and again to this engineer to get the cert.
The best part of the story is, VicRoads got a copy of the first report too. Even when I change the engineer they will demand when I register.
You said it before: Crap.
Next time I have to do it, I register in NSW or wherever and transfer the rego to Victoria. But even this can be a ricochet and they dont accept the NSW rego.

So I have time to put an immobilizer in!

superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 05 July 2005 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Tue, 05 July 2005 22:15

Neil thats because I didn't run on the dyno. I just went for the cruise up there, meet some people, etc... although only one of you actually came to the dyno day, nice to meet you 4agte.

ohh and Neil, this blue AW11 does have side intrusion bars fitted and engineered to it.

also sorry to you guys who wanted parts off my red aw11, but the car was sold as a whole wreck, I will get some parts back off it later, as the guys strips it to make it into a race car (that was a part of our deal), but that won't happen till later in the year.

Wiso,glad to hear that as i thought you were running the car on the dyno and feared you had problems when i saw no dyno info.
Regarding the Blue cars supposed intrusion bars,I had the trims off of that car and compared it to my white car and there is absolutely no difference.The report from the engineer (blue car) is the one I had done and said that it conforms to ADRXXX which refers to intrusion bars even though they were not fitted in australia and yet my white car supposedly needs something fitted according to the new engineer (old one who did the blue car retired).
This is the reason i am totally confused mate Confused Confused Confused
It seems to me that the engineers each have their own ideas regarding intrusion bars ?
If i could see a pic of fitted intrusion bars it would be great as both Wiso's blue SC and my current white/silver SC have no difference what so ever in the doors yet his meets ADR requirements and mine does not Confused Confused Confused
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 05 July 2005 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are vic roads really gonna know if you have ADR approved item or official toyota items, its not like they have toyota badged on them, so long as they don't have any name taggin on them and have the ADR approved tag.... I have found the RTA really don't know much about these cars (well not specific stupid things like this) and so far I have used this to my advantage. How do you think i manages to get this Blue one through rego, not to mention my old red one, it took some convincing, barganing, arguing, call it what you will Wink
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 05 July 2005 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm interesting, I had the trim off the other day and thought I saw an intrusion bar, I might pull it off again tomorrow and check it out again, I'll take a photo as well Smile
stroti
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 05 July 2005 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont know, VicRoads got a 22(!) pages paper about the car. It took the engineer 3 hours and me $ 600 to know the tyres are new, but wrong and the belts are not genuine Australian labeled. I think he wants to see the DOT or E sign on the seatbelt label and a DOT or E on the tyres. Thats why I'm asking about the label on the genuine Australian MR2's. I think the German stuff is the same and I could get them in 10 days only for postage.
Inbetween I KNOW, after the rego I take (doesnt matter which ones) the 'right' belts out and put the jap into again, only for satisfaction!

Regarding to the intrusion bars I got the info, that the method to affix the bars with rivots is not allowed, they have to be welded.

A mate in NSW put them in with rivets - good enough for a blue slip!

[Updated on: Tue, 05 July 2005 13:03]

superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 05 July 2005 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Tue, 05 July 2005 22:49

hmm interesting, I had the trim off the other day and thought I saw an intrusion bar, I might pull it off again tomorrow and check it out again, I'll take a photo as well Smile

Cheers mate,if you spot the mysterious intrusion bar please take a snappy as there was nothing different to my white/silver car when i owned it.
On both cars there is a sort of thin plate steel half way down the door which runs the whole width of the door,is this not a factory fitted intrusion bar ? as i seem to recall reading somewhere years ago that all AW11's had intrusion bars fitted as standard as part of the saftey first approach toyota took regarding the AW11 which is the reason for the surprising weight for such a small car.

Ohh he also wants me to buy a new windscreen even though it has an as new perfect condition japanese screen in it.
He says he needs to see a aus dot symbol to guarantee it is laminated.Has anybody else had to change the windscreen ?

[Updated on: Tue, 05 July 2005 13:07]

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 05 July 2005 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah usually the intrusion bar is a piece of sheet steel that has ribs running along the length of the door, thats all they are.
stroti
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 05 July 2005 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yes, the manufactury intrusion bar is a steel plate with a notch for more stability welded in the bottom third of the door from front to rear. All European MR2's are provided with them.

What's about the rear stabilizer? I didnt find him on my JDM?

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 05 July 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stroti and you won't it seems most JDM AW11SC didn't have the rear stabilizer bar, this was to induce average person friedly understeer, not enthusiast loving oversteer, depending if you have the stabilizer bar linkages tabs welded onto the rear struts, you could just buy an aftermarket swaybar, if not though you may need to source some new struts, all ADM AW11NA had rear bars, you may be able to get the parts off one of these.
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 05 July 2005 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is a pic of my door,is that bar inside of the door skin half way down the door not technically an intrusion bar ?

IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/magic7/whit edoor.jpg[/IMG]
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 05 July 2005 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that white piece of steel behind the glass thats wavey, yeah thats what I have been informed intrusan bars are. its about (I can't remember exact) 80mm wide roughly
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 05 July 2005 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my engineer would not pass that as an intrusion bar. he described that as simply a piece to stop the skin flexing it it is wacked. my intrustion bars are put in in two pieces that meet in the centre then welded then have a L piece overlapping the join then that is seam welded along both pieces. then the ends are flattended and jammed into the edges of the door and rivoted in place. the rivots only hold it in place. in the event of a crash the door frame supports it. ill get a photo tomorrow. i paid $100 a door cash job to get them put in.

oh and my engineer passed the jap seatbelts, just checked they were working ok, windshield no probs, tyres were aussie tyres.

[Updated on: Tue, 05 July 2005 13:36]

superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 05 July 2005 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stroti wrote on Tue, 05 July 2005 23:10

Yes, the manufactury intrusion bar is a steel plate with a notch for more stability welded in the bottom third of the door from front to rear. All European MR2's are provided with them.

What's about the rear stabilizer? I didnt find him on my JDM?

Thanks Stroti,and welcome to the thread mate.
From your description it would appear to me that my car has intrusion bars ?
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 05 July 2005 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Tue, 05 July 2005 23:35

my engineer would not pass that as an intrusion bar. he described that as simply a piece to stop the skin flexing it it is wacked. my intrustion bars are put in in two pieces that meet in the centre then welded then have a L piece overlapping the join then that is seam welded along both pieces. then the ends are flattended and jammed into the edges of the door and rivoted in place. the rivots only hold it in place. in the event of a crash the door frame supports it. ill get a photo tomorrow. i paid $100 a door cash job to get them put in.

oh and my engineer passed the jap seatbelts, just checked they were working ok, windshield no probs, tyres were aussie tyres.

Thanks for the reply Toof,I guess as i expected it simply comes down to the individual engineer's opinion.
I would have hoped they had a concrete set of hard and fast guidelines to follow rather than the whatever you want approach that seems to rule.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 05 July 2005 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe you may have to get another engineer to do it?
stroti
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 05 July 2005 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stroti wrote on Tue, 05 July 2005 22:35

...In the moment I receive the impression that I have to be very carefully, otherwise I go again and again to this engineer to get the cert.
The best part of the story is, VicRoads got a copy of the first report too. Even when I change the engineer they will demand when I register.

I don't think I change the engineer, I don't wanna wake up sleeping dogs. The VIN has a history at VicRoads now.
And maybe the next engineer wants me to change the windscreen...

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 05 July 2005 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Tue, 05 July 2005 23:54

maybe you may have to get another engineer to do it?

sorry stroti I was refering that comment to superaw11
stroti
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 05 July 2005 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In the moment I realy dont know how the German intrusion bars look like... But I know I was working on the door and they were annoying me. But I can be wrong, I emailed a mate to make fotos of a genuine manufactured bar. Maybe this on your foto is only to prevent the door for wobble and drone. Serious, Mr. Peterbuilt will not be very impressed because of this. Confused

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 05 July 2005 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm but stroti, this is weird cause here at the RTA in ACT, they were having a spew at me when I went to register my AW11 cause QLD and VIC are supposedly the slackest engineering regulations in australia, and that wasn't living up to NSW or ACT regs. seems VIC are pretty strict.
stroti
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 05 July 2005 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have no idea! Maybe I had a very bad day when I picked this engineer...

Now I have to go through it.

Nevertheless, its for a good reason:!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

http://members.dodo.com.au/~stroti/mr2.htm

Its a beauty, even with the steering-wheel on the other side! Wink

[Updated on: Tue, 05 July 2005 14:34]

toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 05 July 2005 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like a really nice example mate Smile hope you get it all rego'd no grief.

my engineer in fact was pretty cruisy. he bascially only demanded

1) unleaded filler neck
2) intrusion bars
3) tyre plaquard
4) tune up label
5) flat glass in drivers mirror
6) noise test becasue the exhasust was aftermarket.

just those 6 things and it was all sweet. looking at my paperwork he has passed many items as "same as australian delivered model, aussie model passes hence this identical part does too" although he worded it a little better then this Razz
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 05 July 2005 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Tue, 05 July 2005 22:15

was good to put a face to a name aswell wiso (alltho i didnt get your real name). Was a pitty i couldnt stay longer and chat but the person who i came with was not a toyota fan + i had to change his steering racking in his commodore so i could only stay for 1/2 an hr.

Was some pretty nice cars there too hopefully next dyno day i will have my car ready to shake it up with the under 1800cc turbo guys the wolf 3d v4 plus i just bought should help the cause Very Happy
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 05 July 2005 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 08:11

looks like a really nice example mate Smile hope you get it all rego'd no grief.

my engineer in fact was pretty cruisy. he bascially only demanded

1) unleaded filler neck
2) intrusion bars
3) tyre plaquard
4) tune up label
5) flat glass in drivers mirror
6) noise test becasue the exhasust was aftermarket.

just those 6 things and it was all sweet. looking at my paperwork he has passed many items as "same as australian delivered model, aussie model passes hence this identical part does too" although he worded it a little better then this Razz

who was your engineer toof???

i need to speak to an rta approved engineer soon to make sure everything is on the right track
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 05 July 2005 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you have pm.
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 05 July 2005 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It sounds like your engineer is a wanker.

I have never heared of anyone having to change the glass in an AW11 for rego.

I dont know about VIC, but in SA I would reccomend that you front up for a registration inspection without doing anything to the car, get a list of reasons why it failed inspection and then fix them.

I did a heap of things to my car that they didnt even check and didnt do things that they did (I had to change all the suspension bushes and remove the spot lights for example).

As far as I know the only thing that needs to be engineered in the car is the intrusion bars.

In SA japanese tires are ok (they carry a dot rating in most cases anyway) as long as they are suitable for the car and have a decent amount of tread on them.
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 06 July 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah,it looks as though the only engineer around here is a goose,I can go at the intrusion bars if i have too but i really cannot justify paying for a new windscreen when i have a perfectly good screen that conforms to jap standards which are the same as ours for glass just because it does not have a aus dot mark Mad
It does have a Japanese JIS (JAP INDUSTRY STANDARDS)mark on it and the letters LP under it which i thought could stand for laminated product ?
He said that it must be a laminated screen to meet ADR requirements and that he needed to see the australian DOT symbol to confirm but if i could prove that the jap screen was laminated that it would be OK.
Based on the above does anybody know how to test a windscreen besides throwing a brick at it ? Sad

[Updated on: Wed, 06 July 2005 05:09]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 06 July 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive never heard of any imports needing their windscreen changed for compliance i thought it was the usual side intrusion bars tyre plaquared (spelling?) cat replaced new tyres and petrol filler neck.

my mates import aw11 all they did to comply it was to change the tyres, petrol filler thingy and side intrusion bars. as a point of interest the cat turned out to be hollowed out from japan.
stroti
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 06 July 2005 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

just like I told before, the engineers are only looking for the DOT or E sign! And when they catched this idea, you can tell them heaven from hell, they want there DOT! Paint it to your screen, I'm thinking about cutting the seatbelt DOT labels from my Ford and sew them to the JDM belts... No, thats a joke. I cannot sew good enough Wink

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 06 July 2005 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stroti wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 21:59

I cannot sew good enough Wink

put your grandma to work Wink
stroti
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 06 July 2005 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I don't have a shovel...

Wink

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 06 July 2005 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stroti wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 23:01

I don't have a shovel...

Wink

put someone elses grandma to worth then Very Happy
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 06 July 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where are the photos scott??????

I dont wanna see any rubber left of those tyres Very Happy
AW11 no Jitsu
Regular

May 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 06 July 2005 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine has had the windscreen changed (86sc). Then again the RTA have down as a 1.8 sedan?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 06 July 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcome to aw11 owners anonymous aw11 no jitsu
AW11 no Jitsu
Regular

May 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 06 July 2005 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You might want to hold that off until you see what mine looks like
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b103/daigon/100_0925.jpg
Strangely enough the bonnet survived unscaved.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 06 July 2005 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what kind of ditch did you drive into??? Shocked Shocked Shocked

you wouldnt by any chance have bought fats old bodyshell?
AW11 no Jitsu
Regular

May 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 06 July 2005 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 23:33

what kind of ditch did you drive into??? Shocked Shocked Shocked

you wouldnt by any chance have bought fats old bodyshell?

It is two metres from where I took that photo. The front gets cut off either tomorrow or friday.
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 06 July 2005 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ha Ha.. I got one just like it!!!! Rolling Eyes
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 07 July 2005 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One for the two tone lovers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v187/mr2autoxr/Eyes%20Of%20Design/DSC03117.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v187/mr2autoxr/Eyes%20Of%20Design/DSC03075.jpg

I must say I think it's the best looking two tone MR2 I have ever seen. The owner painted it himself in his garage.

The pic is stolen from MR2OC.

[Updated on: Thu, 07 July 2005 01:10]

toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 07 July 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now whilst that does look dead set sexy its not a two tone... its a three tone.... two colours but three stripes !!
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 07 July 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
VERY SEXY INDEED!!!!

However its a bit too grey for me i like light colours things dont get as hot in the car that way. The black interior is bad enough.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 07 July 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AW11 no Jitsu wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 23:32

Strangely enough the bonnet survived unscaved.

hmm I hear ya, with the damage at the front of my old red one, funny enough the bonnet survived dead straight, had a couple of paint chips but no bending.... damn these have strong bonnets Laughing
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 07 July 2005 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Thu, 07 July 2005 11:14

now whilst that does look dead set sexy its not a two tone... its a three tone.... two colours but three stripes !!

Don't make me get my dictionary out Laughing
stroti
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 07 July 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree with 4agte, the grey tone colors are good for statesman or utes or whatever...
I saw a yellow one, a realy shining yellow. Beautiful!

The interiour doesnt bother me. Hmm, although, is there any good address in Australia for changing the intereour to leather? That would be nice, including dashboard and all the plastic stuff!

Rolling Eyes

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 07 July 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on that 2.5 tone car those wheels look like mrs wheels.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 07 July 2005 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep they are MRS wheels.
dr trim
Regular

March 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 07 July 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stroti wrote on Thu, 07 July 2005 15:42

Hmm, although, is there any good address in Australia for changing the intereour to leather? That would be nice, including dashboard and all the plastic stuff!

Rolling Eyes

<-- motor trimmer apprentice Laughing

i'll prolly change my seats to leather.

BUT, i can't see me doing the dash, it's THE BIGGEST headache. so much work that it's prolly not worth it. Confused
stroti
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 07 July 2005 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Did they ever gave you a quote about it? A mate in Germany gave me a quote for doing the whole lot for Euro$600, thats probably Aus$950. All inclusive.

dr trim
Regular

March 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 07 July 2005 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did who give me a quote? Shocked

u've confused me!
stroti
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 07 July 2005 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, that was confusing!

Your boss, did you ever ask him how much it would be when he change an AW11 to leather?

Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 07 July 2005 22:45]

Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 07 July 2005 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
superaw11 wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 14:20

Yeah,it looks as though the only engineer around here is a goose,I can go at the intrusion bars if i have too but i really cannot justify paying for a new windscreen when i have a perfectly good screen that conforms to jap standards which are the same as ours for glass just because it does not have a aus dot mark Mad
It does have a Japanese JIS (JAP INDUSTRY STANDARDS)mark on it and the letters LP under it which i thought could stand for laminated product ?
He said that it must be a laminated screen to meet ADR requirements and that he needed to see the australian DOT symbol to confirm but if i could prove that the jap screen was laminated that it would be OK.
Based on the above does anybody know how to test a windscreen besides throwing a brick at it ? Sad

The following image is my 89 sc after I rolled it. Please note that while the windscreen is trashed it is in one piece and laminated.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~t.kowalik/AW11_SC_89_broken_front.jpg

-Terry.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 08 July 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gun metal, did you get a PM from me the other day?
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 08 July 2005 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Starfire wrote on Fri, 08 July 2005 09:37

superaw11 wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 14:20

The following image is my 89 sc after I rolled it. Please note that while the windscreen is trashed it is in one piece and laminated.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~t.kowalik/AW11_SC_89_broken_front.jpg

-Terry.

Yep,I am certain that my screen is laminated saftey glass as it has to be to pass the japanese industry standards (JIS) but because it does not have the aus DOT mark my engineer will not approve it.
Basically he is saying i need to prove to him that it is laminated saftey glass and the only way that i can do that is by smashing the glass which is somewhat defeating the whole purpose methinks Crying or Very Sad
If i could only decipher the japanese marks which has an LP symbol under the JIS mark which i feel would likely prove the screen to be laminated but all the googling in the world has not produced the goods as of yet.

[Updated on: Fri, 08 July 2005 13:55]

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 09 July 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stroti wrote on Thu, 07 July 2005 16:12

I agree with 4agte, the grey tone colors are good for statesman or utes or whatever...
I saw a yellow one, a realy shining yellow. Beautiful!

The interiour doesnt bother me. Hmm, although, is there any good address in Australia for changing the intereour to leather? That would be nice, including dashboard and all the plastic stuff!

Rolling Eyes

You talking about my car???
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 09 July 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
bah, yellow aw11's are everywhere now days.. Razz

the people need a new colour to paint cars..........

http://www.nipissingu.ca/stange/enrich/singbeer.jpg

damn, i've finished the last one!!! Crying or Very Sad spose i better go to bed. Razz

[Updated on: Sat, 09 July 2005 13:18]

Pages (84): [ «  <  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 06:20:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.019094944000244 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.