Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scott: If you're serious about coilovers, jump on to mr2oc and quiz Paul Woods (username: paul woods). He has found that without too much modification the mr-s coilovers can be fitted to the AW11. I'm sure these would be more readily avilable (and hence a lot cheaper) than getting AW11 ones made.
Check this thread, he goes in to it a little http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=76616&pa ge=1&pp=30
  Send a private message to this user    
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats interesting davedave.

Also Mighty asked noltec and they said they could drum up some custom coilovers for 2k not including adjustable shocks but adjustable ones can be had for not much more. Thats not including installation but having said that installing struts is a pice of piss youd just need to get it all alligned afterwards

edit: wooohoo 60 pages

[Updated on: Tue, 26 July 2005 03:50]

dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How hard is it to change an engine in the AW11, never changed an engine that resides in the boot.

(just a rouph idea)
Does the engine come out from underneath the aw11? An engine crane to lift the rear of the car up and slide old engine out, put new engine in from underneath and lower mr2 onto it and mount?

Going to be removing old 4age and putting beams 3sge in (plus new gearbox and sub axles) will take pics if anyone is interested, happening probably next week.
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep - Out the bottom is the easiest way.

Pull all the manifolds first, that makes it easy to slide out from underneath.

http://www.ben.foo.cc/swap/20v-out.jpg
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
God,

You make that sound easy...
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Took me about half a day to label, disconnect and remove the engine (using an engine crane to lower the engine on to cardboard then jacks and axle stands to lift the car - sliding the engine out on the cardboard).
Speak to charlie_mr2 about fitting the 3S though as his method required far less fabrication than mine did.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats correct its exactly how you do it but you will have to remove the rear bumper to raise the mr2 by the towe hooks without damaging the paintwork. You will also need to use some large chassis stands to support it once you get it to the height that you want as you wont be able to slide the motor out with the engine hoist in the way
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i also made up a engine dolly with a large piece of wood cant rem what type i think it was mdf and 5 wheels from the hardware store that were rated at 80kg each made sliding the motor out from underneath the car very simple indeed
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben Wilson:
Thanx very much for that pic! Althou i noticed you stripped all the back end out, is that nessecary for using the engine crane to lift the backend up? (only way to do it without cuasing damage?)

davedave:
Was thinking of using a skatebaord to lower the engine onto and then roll out, and to roll the beams in. Dunno yet.
The beams was buaght of charlie by the way (from melbourne)
So sounds like all the hardwork is done and only a matter of fitting and wiring a few odds and ends.

I think the beams in a light aw11 is a good recipe and will probably flog my turbo MA70 :(-

Ah thanx 4agte, you answered one of my questiones as i was typing a reply. (remove rear bumber)

[Updated on: Tue, 26 July 2005 04:50]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

The skateboard might not take the weight of the engine and gearbox altho its worth a try i would recommend making a proper dolly for it as you can use the dolly to move the beams engine and gearbox into place aswell as using the dolly to move the engine arround on later...

but thats just me

edit: ditto sorry

[Updated on: Tue, 26 July 2005 04:54]

dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would be interested in seeing your dolly, as it sounds like it will make it much easier to do the conversion with.

Also are the rear hubs hard to remove? or do they have to be pressed out?

[Updated on: Tue, 26 July 2005 05:07]

davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rear hubs are easy to remove, or are you talking about the bearing?
Are you thinking of the best way to get the axle out?

A dolly would be awesome, but I was on painted concrete, so sliding on cardboard was super easy. If you are to use the crane to lift the car, then you will need to remove the bumper. I used a high lift jack though and hence left my bumper on.
If you are planning on using a dolly, you might have to remove your front spoiler lip. With the arse of my car jacked up to clear the 3sgte on cardboard by half an inch, my spoiler lip was touching the ground (my car was lowered a couple of inches though).

I can't remember why the hell we were lifting this at the time, but this is how we dropped the engine on to the ground.
http://mr2.scattered.com.au/image.php/size/150/image/IMGP1062.JPG

And in this picture you can notice the cardboard (under engine), highlift jack (down the bottom) and one of the axle stands (on the left).
http://mr2.scattered.com.au/image.php/size/150/image/IMGP1066.JPG
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Tue, 26 July 2005 12:53

edit: wooohoo 60 pages

178 for me, got sick of waiting for some pages with a lot of images to load and modified my profile to show only 20 posts per page - much nicer.
We are definately the longest thread in toymods history, by far Smile
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i'm not sure, just going with what i heard, My cousin who owns the mr2 and buaght the beams from charlie mentioned needing to remove the hubs (press them out) i assume he means the drive shafts. In which case shouldn't need pressing out.
(hard to know anything until i get over to melbourne to do the conversion)

Those pics are gold! good stuff! Will print this all out now for future reference. Good to see some of you have done a 3s conversion in the aw11!

congrats on beating the st162 dedicated thread which i thought was longer. Shocked
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is pretty much the method I use for pulling out and putting in the engine in an AW11.

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=285&high light=carl+remove+engine
dr trim
Regular

March 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
instead of removing body panels to jack the car, why dont u just drive it up some ramps onto a platform and work under it, or cant u get the engine out like that?
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Firstly : You would want it at working level to remove all wiring and aux engine bits , so then you couldnt drive it up onto ramps.

Secondly : Once up on ramps it wouldnt be pretty when you finally got the engine and gearbox unbolted and its falls half a metre to the ground Smile Smile

dr trim wrote on Tue, 26 July 2005 19:09

instead of removing body panels to jack the car, why dont u just drive it up some ramps onto a platform and work under it, or cant u get the engine out like that?

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dingaling wrote on Tue, 26 July 2005 16:02

Well i'm not sure, just going with what i heard, My cousin who owns the mr2 and buaght the beams from charlie mentioned needing to remove the hubs (press them out) i assume he means the drive shafts. In which case shouldn't need pressing out.
(hard to know anything until i get over to melbourne to do the conversion)

Those pics are gold! good stuff! Will print this all out now for future reference. Good to see some of you have done a 3s conversion in the aw11!

congrats on beating the st162 dedicated thread which i thought was longer. Shocked

what i did was unbolt all the rear susspension so the hubs came with the engine it however i was using the s/c hubs so it didnt matter it may well be easier to remove the hugs while they are on the car
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1200det wrote on Tue, 26 July 2005 19:18

Firstly : You would want it at working level to remove all wiring and aux engine bits , so then you couldnt drive it up onto ramps.

Secondly : Once up on ramps it wouldnt be pretty when you finally got the engine and gearbox unbolted and its falls half a metre to the ground Smile Smile

dr trim wrote on Tue, 26 July 2005 19:09

not to mention it would be an absolute c*nt to put the engine onto the mounts its hard enought (for me anyway) to get it all mounted up when its flat
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dingaling wrote on Tue, 26 July 2005 14:57

would be interested in seeing your dolly, as it sounds like it will make it much easier to do the

4agte's dolly would have to be prity used and worn out by now, probably something you dont want to see. all them patches from constant abuse and punctures would have to make it an ugly dolly by now.

Quote:

i used a combination of ramps and a black and tackle, made for a very easy engine swap. Wink

*edit* block and tackle i mean. damn beers are making me think of other things..... Evil or Very Mad

[Updated on: Tue, 26 July 2005 10:49]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Tue, 26 July 2005 20:44

dingaling wrote on Tue, 26 July 2005 14:57

would be interested in seeing your dolly, as it sounds like it will make it much easier to do the

4agte's dolly would have to be prity used and worn out by now, probably something you dont want to see. all them patches from constant abuse and punctures would have to make it an ugly dolly by now.

i dont remember showing you feral Very Happy Razz

yeah sure ive got some pics lying arround ill post them up tonight later
dr trim
Regular

March 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ringing around in adelaide the passed few days i've not been getting good signs as far as engine packages go.
im looking for a 4AGZE engine complete with looming.etc and SC gearbox and everything required for a swap with mine. or an ass cut of an SC.

just toyota - nothing
four brother imports - dont answer the phone ever
adelaide jap imports - nothing
city dismantlers - $2200 for engine and all looming + $795 for SC gearbox or $995 for SC LSD gearbox
comes with 12 months engine warranty and 6 month gearbox warranty.

where should i be ringing/is this price decent?
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
umm dr_trim I dunno, SSS automotive in sydney ask $2200 for a whole half cut of an AW11 SC, I would advise you do this as opposed to just getting an engine and wiring loom, I have tried both ways on my cars and the half cut was way easier then just getting the engine and loom, cause it still need some further stuffing around with fabrication
dr trim
Regular

March 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what sorta condition is that in?
LSD possible?

city dismantlers claim under 50,000k's for this engine. Rolling Eyes

an ass cut does sound a better deal, but its a matter of getting one that's in good cond and relatively local (although if sydneys the only place, then i'll travel) Very Happy
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
most of them are LSD's man. they usually have about 100,000km on the clocks, SSS will freight the cuts around, I got my half cut frieghted from QLD to ACT for $230. Km's really don't matter too much do they, even just over 100,000k is damn good for a 4a engine, they go for a long time.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just remember man if you do just get the engine and loom and box, there are still other parts needed that are HARD to source, like e51 driveshafts, shifter cables, you'll also have to deal with engine mounts which are slightly differant (more so the rear on the gearbox).

[Updated on: Tue, 26 July 2005 14:03]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
engine mounts are fine gearbox mount needs modifying or the chassis mounting hole thingy moved. The n/a shifter cables work fine with the s/c box.

You only need the engine part of the loom as the engine loom will plug straight into the body loom.

Driveshafts are hard to source so be carefull there and 2200 for just the engine and loom is way toooooo expensive you can get decent half cuts for that price... hell you can buy and aw11sc in japan for that much....
i bought my half cut for 2500 with 80000km on it a 3 month warranty and the engine has never skipped a beat aswell as the gearbox internally was mint.. SSS who i bought it from also test drive most of the cars before they cut them up i have the pictures of my half cut as a complete car in japan somewhere at home...
SSS were also kind enough to sell be a lsd gearbox for 500 buks with warranty when my casing broke on my old gearbox that had run out of warranty so they are quite reasonable...

You will need to either cut the brackets off the s/c chassis for the i/c mounts and you will either need to locate your i/c infront of the gearbox or cut and weld the bonnet catch further to the right otherwise it will foul on the i/c.

You will need to get a custom exhaust made up or your cat back exhaust adapted to the larger cat.

The s/c engine lid is desireable over the n/a lid as it also weighs about 1/5th of the n/a metal lid.

If you mount the i/c in the stock location it may foul on the battery in which case the best soloution is to either remotley mount the battery or use a thinner battery like i have.

Also it is a good idea to change all belts fron + rear main seals dizzy seals all new belts including timing belt aswell as replacing the water pump and making sure the sump/camshaft seals arent leaking, change all oils spark plugs and might be an idea to invest in new leads if you have a chance/money to. Make sure the s/c has oil in it as they tend to drain some of the fluids....

It may also pay to make sure the clutch is a ok as it may well be worn like mine was...

It is alot easier to check/change these things while the motor is out ofcourse and will save you labour later on plus it feels nice to know that all the seals belt etc are new and wont need replacing for a while...
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dingaling, IIRC, I had the boot lid off so I didn't scratch it, I was also replacing all the wiring as it was an engine conversion.

On another topic, I did some more work on my car on the weekend, I finally got my new inlet pipe for the secondary TB built.

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/5127/img27523bf.jpg

Now, I just need to get the idle control plumbing finished, and I might setup a water injection port while I'm at it, then I just need to finish the water pump and I can have another go at starting it...
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looking good Ben, cant wait to hear your expression of difference on how it runs with the new inlet. (thats if you can remember how it went before....) Razz

Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Honestly, I just want to get it to run now, I don't really care how well it works.

(that's not really true, I pulled it apart last time because it woudn't idle perfectly, and I spent far too long on that inlet pipe, notice that you can't see any welds....)
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben Wilson wrote on Wed, 27 July 2005 08:24

dingaling, IIRC, I had the boot lid off so I didn't scratch it, I was also replacing all the wiring as it was an engine conversion.

On another topic, I did some more work on my car on the weekend, I finally got my new inlet pipe for the secondary TB built.

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/5127/img27523bf.jpg

Now, I just need to get the idle control plumbing finished, and I might setup a water injection port while I'm at it, then I just need to finish the water pump and I can have another go at starting it...

Ben,

that is looking good Very Happy

But i think i have been out of the loop !! what induction are you using now ??

Also i have been meaning to ask about the electric water pump and what your reasons for using it ? Obviously the electric is only activated when required rather than continuously when belt driven but were there any other reasons you went this way ?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inlet pipe looks good ben but there is alot of spagheti in that engine bay
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Wed, 27 July 2005 09:11

inlet pipe looks good ben but there is alot of spagheti in that engine bay

Laughing Laughing looks more like tortelini to me Laughing Laughing
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The loom looks fine when it's installed, it's just pulled out of the way for easy access at the moment Razz

Gunmetal - It's still supercharged, but, I was having a major issue with idle control. My theory is that there was such a large volume of air between the TB and the engine that I cound't make rapid enough changes to hold the idle constant. I've added a second TB close to the motor and I'm hooking it up parrallel to the original one and hopefully it should work nicely.

The water pump blew up a while ago and while I was pulling it off I was looking at the front of the engine. With an electric pump, I can fit a shorter belt and get more pulley wrap on the supercharger, so hopefully, I won't have any more issues with slipping.

[Updated on: Tue, 26 July 2005 23:38]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive heard of idle issues with gze's and people using second throttle bodies to fix it
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah - I tested it with a Commodore Tb on a dodgy adapter just jammed on the end of the plenum and it idled better than it did with the factory ECU, so hopefully, I can get this to work nicely.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben,

Thanks for that, i feel lucky that i have not had and probs with SC belt slip at all, even tho i am running the big pulley etc etc.

But i can understand it can be very anoying so your idea has plenty of merit, will be interested to see how it goes.

what ecu are you running ?

I had probs with mine hunting at idle as well, but then again the Motec was not running any idlemotor Rolling Eyes but once it got tuned by someone who actually knew what thay were doing it idles very nicely (if a little lumpy) at 1000 RPM Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any of you guys own a AW11 silver/gun metal grey with 16to 17inch Diablo racer rims i think that are white, i see this car every couple of days on market street in sydney nice car extremely clean and i think a NA 4age. Very Happy
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you are using a factory ecu and havent tried adjusting the tps then that might be a good place to start if the idle is hunting

as for s/c belt slip it is verrrrryyy annoying but a little bit of belt grip does wonders
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 27 July 2005 09:41

any of you guys own a AW11 silver/gun metal grey with 16to 17inch Diablo racer rims i think that are white, i see this car every couple of days on market street in sydney nice car extremely clean and i think a NA 4age. Very Happy

if its the one im thinking of its not n/a Very Happy
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I never had much in the way of slip problems, but, I was always worried about putting that much side loading on the water pump bearing (once I cut it apart and saw the size of the bearing I wasn't as worried).

I'm using a Haltech, I tried using an XF idle motor for a while, but, once I converted to a Commodore stepper motor type, things got a lot better.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well it hard to tell in traffic not like he is gunning it or nothing. Its a very nice car the owner looks fairly young from what i've seen. post a pic if you have one and i'll tell you if thats it. I am getting a camera phone on the weekend so if i see it again i'll take a pic. Very Happy
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 26 July 2005 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 27 July 2005 09:41

Nope its not either of mine and its its not

Mr2 clubs el presidente JR

Dave Dave

Ben Wilson

Toof

Who else have i missed ?? i am sure there are more Smile
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 27 July 2005 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the only one kinda similar i can see is spanktown have no idea though, as can't see a big pic of his car
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 27 July 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
definately not mine. Mines midnight blue and turbo.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 27 July 2005 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats cool just from the avatar is kinda dark so hard to tell, if i get my phone on the weekend i'll take a pic next time i see it post it up and see if anyone recognises it. Very Happy
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 27 July 2005 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Wed, 27 July 2005 11:44

definately not mine. Mines midnight blue and turbo. .

woo woo.... Laughing Razz

Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 28 July 2005 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looking for some advice here:

I'm playing around with building a 2 stage water injection system while it's apart. I'm putting one injector before the supercharger to improve sealing and cool the rotors. I'm planning on hooking up another one after the 'cooler. Should I put the second injector close to the cooler to allow complete evaporation before the plenum, or at the bend just before the plenum to allow a water mist to enter the cylinder?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 28 July 2005 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is a guy that has been bugging me to put a water injectoion kit into my car he was going to discount the price so that he could trial it in an mr2.

I can give you his number if you want might get him off my back
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 28 July 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No thanks, mine is a "Frink spec" fully mappable setup (if it works)...
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 28 July 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frink spec......please explain !!!!!

Martin, sorry i missed your call, thanks for the info.

BTW i may be interested to hear more about the water injection, why are you not interested??

Also regarding these Nankang tyres they seem quite grippy but soft and unresponsive in the sidewall, i am rumming 39 PSI front and 42 PSI rear and it feels like the tyres are going to peel off the rims Shocked Shocked admittedly it was being punted pretty hard and these are faily cheep tyres but i would be interesded in other peoples comments with these tyres. and just so you remember what they look like here are some more pics.

Would still like some more feedback on the wheels, i have spoken to "wheel centre repairs" in Thornleigh, sound like thay can fix all the probs, will have to take the wheels there for a quote anyone had experience with these guys ??

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/4612/driversfront1rq.th.jpg

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2963/rearside4gq.th.jpg

If i get the centres redone what colour / finish do you guys reckon ?? i was thinking either silver, gun metal, or maybe polished ?

Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 28 July 2005 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been thinking about getting my wheels refinished bronze. Hopefully they will contrast with the car without being too bright.

By 'Frink spec' I mean a Surflow 100PSI pump hooked up to a ebay fuel pressure regulator, using datsun fuel injectors and a Jaycar digital pulse adjuster to map the signal.

Hopefully, adding some corrosion inhibiter to the water should keep the injectors working nicely and I shoud be able to build a fully mappable system for around $500 or so.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 28 July 2005 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben,

Sounds good will be interested to see the results.

Also you guys will be very surprised Surprised Surprised , i have just seen a very rare car. Its an 1982 model AW09 Shocked .. you dont believe me do you !! Well i have some pics and will post them soon.
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 28 July 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Woo hoo... just got my white wheels.
Pretty happy considering I had no idea what they would look like on the car. I got the last white set in Oz... had to come from Perth. $127 per rim for 15x6.5 RJR Racer snot too bad. Still FWD offset, but hey they are Aussie brand rims cna't expect too much.
Finally I have 8 wheels again.. woo hoo. Now just have to decide which rims look best with which 2.
Will post some pics tonight of white rims on red car.

Gunmetal you have PM!
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 28 July 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK fans and air conditioners here are the official pics of the AW09 and yes its for sale if you want further details let me know ! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/7488/aw09driversfront4bb.th.jpg

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/4377/aw09side9yk.th.jpg

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/3079/aw09reardrivers2yc.th.jpg
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 28 July 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nw scott im not interested cause i think that a well set up tubo installation shouldnt need a water injection setup it just adds weight and complication in my mind but there is no doubt there are alot of benefits. if i start to run into inlet temp problems ill consider it. It is quite usefull for people with high inlet temps and if your running higher boost pressures on stock i/c's.
If your interested ill give the guy a call for you and pass your number on he was the guy i bought the gt4 injectors off and he said that he was keen to get someone to put it in their mr2 and that he would discount the price. He mentioned something about the kit costing 400 buks normall which i think included the solaniod (spelling?) the injectors etc etc he said you can use the aftermarket ecu to trigger the water injection on and off..

I guess it sounds good but i allready have a huge parts list to buy 400 buks could buy me a fuel pump 2 1/2 times over and i need that more....
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 28 July 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow, wtf, I'm keen for more details out of curiousity.

Google turns up abcolutely nothing about this. Looks so much like a triumph
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 28 July 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam,

Here are the pics of the broken output shaft of the gearbox for the speedo drive, well at least all thats left of it, could not find the rest of the bits from the bin Laughing Laughing

Note the ground out section in the plastic gear. Dont know if that actually caused the prob or not. anyone else seen this happen and what did you do. BTW this is the 3rd one that has gone in. Previous owner had same prob. May have to pull out the box for further investigations but box is in way too good condition to warrant that ATM so i continue without speedo Evil or Very Mad

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/2484/brokenspeedo28oi.th.jpg

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/364/brokenspeedo9hg.th.jpg
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 28 July 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
holy shit dude Shocked Shocked

your gonna have to stop doing those 8000rpm launches and flat shifting man otherwise your gonna keep going through speedo drive output shafts like theres no tomorrow!!!!!!!
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 28 July 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Thu, 28 July 2005 17:15

OK fans and air conditioners here are the official pics of the AW09 and yes its for sale if you want further details let me know ! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/7488/aw09driversfront4bb.th.jpg

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/4377/aw09side9yk.th.jpg

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/3079/aw09reardrivers2yc.th.jpg

and the survey says *bowng bowng*.....

not an aw09.. what kinda toyota model code is that... no epc lists it. and... it looks suspicously like a Fiat X1/9
http://www.irata.com/x19/gifs/mylx19.jpg

*edit* which i kinda guess is a bit of a predecessor to the aw1x series Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 28 July 2005 08:03]

Pages (84): [ «  <  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 07:53:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01900315284729 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.